Randox CertiFly - at home test

Hixxyirl

Im getting ready to cruise in 10 days, as told by NCL, i had to buy the "Inspire" rapis tests.  I also had to make an appointment 48 hours prior, this is a zoom call with a nurse who will supervise us while we test ourselves.  We will get a negative confirmation (fingers crossed) and bring that to port with us.

6 minutes ago, tgloersen said:

Im getting ready to cruise in 10 days, as told by NCL, i had to buy the "Inspire" rapis tests.  I also had to make an appointment 48 hours prior, this is a zoom call with a nurse who will supervise us while we test ourselves.  We will get a negative confirmation (fingers crossed) and bring that to port with us.

NCL told you that you "HAD to buy the Inspire tests?"  That ain't right.

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL told you that you "HAD to buy the Inspire tests?"  That ain't right.

Yep thats correct and yes its not right, the tests were $45 each and i had to get 2.  I asked if i could use the tests say that the goverment sent us in the mail.  Answer was a strict NO.

56 minutes ago, tgloersen said:

Yep thats correct and yes its not right, the tests were $45 each and i had to get 2.  I asked if i could use the tests say that the goverment sent us in the mail.  Answer was a strict NO.

Lesson: NEVER believe anything NCL telephone customer service tells you.

1 hour ago, tgloersen said:

NCL also recommends eMed (which we have used for all of our cruises). eMed does not require you to make an appointment. 

BTW: We submit insurance claims for our test kits and our insurance company pays 100% of the cost of the proctored tests. 

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Lesson: NEVER believe anything NCL telephone customer service tells you.

Well, IF that was good advice, shouldn't you simply say "Never call NCL and speak to telephone customer service about anything"? I mean, why call them in the first place if you should never believe them?

45 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Well, IF that was good advice, shouldn't you simply say "Never call NCL and speak to telephone customer service about anything"? I mean, why call them in the first place if you should never believe them?

That is what I'm saying. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Obviously you may have no choice at some point but to call them, however there are better alternatives to try first:

Work with a good travel agent

Read the website

Ask a question here

And what I'm saying extends to cruise line telephone customer service in general, not just NCL's customer service. It was bad enough before the pandemic but is far worse now due to a lack of experienced personnel and the more complicated questions about COVID protocols that have to be answered. 

The same can be said about customer service operations in many industries. 

First off, am amazed any insurance will pay for proctored tests for travel, wow, someone  has amazing insurance!!   Anyone that is on Medicare have this result?   Have great supplemental, but as we know, if not Medicare approved procedure, supplemental does not and will not supplement.?   Second, all these online testing sites, only approved by NCL, ummm, makes me wonder,