Constellation

gotcha3

Because of all of the negative reviews, we were concerned about sailing on Connie in early April 2022. What a pleasant surprise! All of the public areas were updated and clean. Although our cabin (FV aft) had not been refurbished, it was still nice. And, yes, we had the dreaded shower curtain but it really wasn’t an issue! Most importantly, we had a great Southern Caribbean itinerary and the entire staff was wonderful.

We too were worried about sailing on Constellation but the itinerary was just too good. It was one of the last cruise ships to go out of Venice. We were pleasantly surprised and had no complaints. We have her booked for 2023 and 2024 Caribbean cruises and May 2023 Mediterranean . Personally we are happy she hasn’t been revolutionized, I don’t like what I see in the ships that have. They look cold and sparse. 

21 hours ago, elliekate said:

Because of all of the negative reviews, we were concerned about sailing on Connie in early April 2022. What a pleasant surprise! All of the public areas were updated and clean. Although our cabin (FV aft) had not been refurbished, it was still nice. And, yes, we had the dreaded shower curtain but it really wasn’t an issue! Most importantly, we had a great Southern Caribbean itinerary and the entire staff was wonderful.

Hello,

Sorry to hijack this thread but we are looking at a going on constellation in September/October this year and I just wondered if there is a cafe in the solarium on the constellation that serves fruit punch? Pre-Covid that was our favourite place to sit and we love the fruit punch they serve at the spa cafe. 

thank you

nicole

17 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello,

Sorry to hijack this thread but we are looking at a going on constellation in September/October this year and I just wondered if there is a cafe in the solarium on the constellation that serves fruit punch? Pre-Covid that was our favourite place to sit and we love the fruit punch they serve at the spa cafe. 

thank you

nicole

Yes, the Spa Cafe is definitely still there and serves fruit drinks and 'healthy' munchies.  Easy to walk right past it in its little corridor as you move through the doors to the Solarium.

19 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello,

thank you

nicole

I loved the Spa Cafe but didn’t get fruit punch. They may have had it though. I loved all of the juices and smoothies they made. It was my breakfast spot each morning. I had avocado toast, yogurt with granola, fresh fruit and smoothie/juice. 

11 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Wonder if it was the same guy who ran the golf putting in April.  He needs to go to Carnival as not Celebrity ready.

He called himself Roxtar, or something like that. It definitely struck us as a self-given moniker.He was truly dreadful. Unless he has comprimising photos of an executive at X or RCI, I can't imagine why they keep him around.

The rest of the crew and staff were very good or excellent.

On 7/13/2022 at 2:44 AM, canderson said:

Yes, the Spa Cafe is definitely still there and serves fruit drinks and 'healthy' munchies.  Easy to walk right past it in its little corridor as you move through the doors to the Solarium.

Thank you very much that’s really helpful 

On 7/13/2022 at 2:49 AM, elliekate said:

I loved the Spa Cafe but didn’t get fruit punch. They may have had it though. I loved all of the juices and smoothies they made. It was my breakfast spot each morning. I had avocado toast, yogurt with granola, fresh fruit and smoothie/juice. 

That sounds very healthy, I would never think of going there for breakfast!

18 hours ago, realnice46 said:

We too were worried about sailing on Constellation but the itinerary was just too good. It was one of the last cruise ships to go out of Venice. We were pleasantly surprised and had no complaints. We have her booked for 2023 and 2024 Caribbean cruises and May 2023 Mediterranean . Personally we are happy she hasn’t been revolutionized, I don’t like what I see in the ships that have. They look cold and sparse. 

I am sorry, but no ship is allowed to sail out of venice nowadays….Instead Celebrity will use Ravenna as their port. We are on the Constellation end of August and the disembarkation port is Venice - Ravenna. Our flughts will be from Marco Polo - Venice airport. So still you can stroll through Venice if you will arrive some day earlier. Other cruiselines sail out of Trieste / Venice. That‘s what i know. 

1 hour ago, black forest said:

I am sorry, but no ship is allowed to sail out of venice nowadays….Instead Celebrity will use Ravenna as their port. We are on the Constellation end of August and the disembarkation port is Venice - Ravenna. Our flughts will be from Marco Polo - Venice airport. So still you can stroll through Venice if you will arrive some day earlier. Other cruiselines sail out of Trieste / Venice. That‘s what i know. 

Right, but the PP says "it was one of the last cruise ships to go out of Venice," meaning, I figure, that when the ships stopped using Venice, it was one of the final ships to depart (permanently). 

Anyway, I look forward to 15 nights on the Constellation in Oct/Nov.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 8:09 PM, MamaFej said:

He called himself Roxtar, or something like that. It definitely struck us as a self-given moniker.He was truly dreadful. Unless he has comprimising photos of an executive at X or RCI, I can't imagine why they keep him around.

In our opinion, the atmosphere on the Constellation for activities seemed to be more Carnival than Celebrity.

Besides the annoying activity staff member, we referred to the cruise director as the "Boozy Floozy."  One would need to see her and listen to her to appreciate the accuracy of the  nickname.