If you could cruise on Summit or Equinox, which would you choose?

Stockjock

Having sailed Connie, Silhouette & Equinox, we found M class to be a bit TOO small for our preferences. 

We found there weren't as many activities onboard & we had those moments of what to do with ourselves. 

After 17 cruises we find that we prefer larger ships, 3000 passengers or more.

More passengers=more activities offered, more spaces to be.

Now, if you don't care about activity options, you may prefer M class. 

Really a tough one.    Each has it's advantages and disadvantages.  I may have more to say soon as we are doing a B3B on Summit in one month.  

I do like the Equinox in a selfish way.   I like to extend my walk full forward through where the Retreat is and full aft.   Even though we travel in Retreat Class it's a pain on many of the ships to have to tap my card every time I make  a lap. 

I do have to say that I think they did a wonderful job on the Revolution on  Summit and Millennium.   One thing I don't like is the Retreat is more like a airport lounge with terribly uncomfortable furniture (thank Kelly)  and did away with the Bar. 

On the other hand I love the sit down bar on Equinox and especially the best bar which is on Silhouette.

33 minutes ago, KKB said:

Having sailed Connie, Silhouette & Equinox, we found M class to be a bit TOO small for our preferences. 

We found there weren't as many activities onboard & we had those moments of what to do with ourselves. 

After 17 cruises we find that we prefer larger ships, 3000 passengers or more.

More passengers=more activities offered, more spaces to be.

Now, if you don't care about activity options, you may prefer M class. 

In a couple of years, I'll be taking my GF on Oceania for her 60th birthday.  Neither of us have been on that cruise line.  She isn't too sure she'll love it for the reason you touched upon, only about 600 passengers though, which is certainly less than any of the Celebrity ships that we're discussing.

I hear the food and experience are pretty good.  I hope she doesn't get bored, as obviously smaller ships, be it Celebrity or Oceania, are going to have fewer venues and less public space.

At first, she told me "no" when I made the offer, but then she thought about and figured she'd give it a try.  The fact that it's a gift probably didn't hurt, lol.

Edited by Stockjock

4 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

In a couple of years, I'll be taking my GF on Oceania for her 60th birthday.  Neither of us have been on that cruise line.  She isn't too sure she'll love it for the reason you touched upon, only about 600 passengers though, certainly less than any of the ships that we're discussing.

I hear the food and experience are pretty good.  I hope she doesn't get bored, as obviously smaller ships, be it Celebrity or Oceania, are going to have fewer venues and less public space.

I followed several passengers on a Viking world cruise this summer.

It's now on my bucket list.

With so many ports, quiet days are welcome...

Been on both in 2022.  Not even close, Summit.  Equinox Retreat area is not fully complete, and the staff for us was rated #3 out of our 3 cruises this year.  One benefit though is Murano, this was one bright spot, but I would need to eat there 3 times a sailing.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:14 AM, Guppy99 said:

Actually, we do not choose itinerary over the ship. Ports are not of particular interest any longer, especially a new port every single day.

Us too, the ship is the destination.

• Thanks 1