Shareholder benefit - why wait?

Woody14

I have always been one of those who applies for my shareholder benefits once I make final payment.  Even if it takes them a month or they deny it for any reason I have time to deal with it.   I am amazed at reading the boards and several threads that people wait till the last minute to apply why the delay?

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I apply as soon as I can. I have it for all of my cruises for the next year already.

Same here. I don’t thinK I’ve ever waited for final payment. I have mine for everything booked through July 2023. 

ETA - I would guess people who live closer to ports and have flexible schedules may book closer to sail date so they would have less time to request the credit. 

Edited by lennythenose

When I sailed January 2022, I applied and was denied.  I was told that was a thing of the past so am I to understand it is available again?  At the time, this board was filled with others who were denied so I'd appreciate when things changed please.

5 hours ago, Kellyann said:

When I sailed January 2022, I applied and was denied.  I was told that was a thing of the past so am I to understand it is available again?  At the time, this board was filled with others who were denied so I'd appreciate when things changed please.

I was also denied for a short very cheap cruise in January. But I have been approved for every one since then. 

20 hours ago, Kellyann said:

I have been on 7 Carnival cruises since the restart, never paid full price, and never had an issue with receiving shareholder OBC. The only hiccup was not with Carnival, but a relative, Princess, and it is only because they (Princess) now want a form filled out with basically the same information that I put in email requests.

On your observation, it seems complainers make a lot more noise than satisfied customers, and can distort reality.

As soon as i book and pay the deposit i send the email off - yes I’ve waited a few weeks on a response.

now to be fair I’m new to Carnival - first email was rejected, which was my fault. Once i corrected it they added the OBC. Since then I’ve booked two more cruises ( 1 yesterday email sent off ) first one the OBC was applied again within 2-3yrs

How far in advance will they apply stock obc?  I like the idea of sending in request as soon as we book, I forgot to send in for one cruise last year and it’s too late once on the ship. Have a 6/24 Hawaii cruise and want the $250.

2 hours ago, tree.critter said:

How far in advance will they apply stock obc?  I like the idea of sending in request as soon as we book, I forgot to send in for one cruise last year and it’s too late once on the ship. Have a 6/24 Hawaii cruise and want the $250.

I forget the exact date, but it has been approved until a date in 2023. You will have to wait until it is approved again at a stockholders' meeting with a date past June of 2024.

I sailed on the Ecstacy June 20 - 25. Emailed my shareholder credit documents to Carnival June 1. Did not receive credit by time of cruise. I took all my documentation including the email from Carnival acknowledging receipt. Went to Guest Services and presented documents. They made copies and contacted Miami. I received credit the next day.

• Like 1