What events are on the Oasis of the Seas?

Hello cruising community! 

My Husband and I have only been on one cruise so far, it was with NCL. 

While on the ship (Pre-Covid) they had a few events like leg competition, belly flopping, towel folding, silly things like that. 

Now we're trying a cruise on RCL and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what events are on the Oasis of the Seas? 

I saw something about Belly flopping, and maybe a themed party in the promenade? 

Any information is much appreciated, thanks!! 

Just now, qman1036 said:

Now we're trying a cruise on RCL and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what events are on the Oasis of the Seas? 

Look at the RCI app for the current sailing- it should list events like that. 

1 minute ago, qman1036 said:

Hello cruising community! 

My Husband and I have only been on one cruise so far, it was with NCL. 

While on the ship (Pre-Covid) they had a few events like leg competition, belly flopping, towel folding, silly things like that. 

I saw something about Belly flopping, and maybe a themed party in the promenade? 

Any information is much appreciated, thanks!! 

Best to use the app and select the current sail date or next weeks sail date and you will see everything listed.

We were on Oasis last week.  It was our third cruise on Oasis, 15th on Royal.  The ice show and Aqua 80 (diving) shows are not to be missed.  The headliners change weekly.  One night we had a singer who only sang Adele songs.  She was excellent.  The music hall had a Styx cover band that played all week and was also excellent.  The adult comedy show was so so.  I've seen funnier comedians, but they also change weekly.  We did not go to see Cats.  We live 30 minutes from NYC and I go to Broadway shows often.  Had no interest in seeing Cats.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jt4428 said:

We were on Oasis last week.  It was our third cruise on Oasis, 15th on Royal.  The ice show and Aqua 80 (diving) shows are not to be missed.  The headliners change weekly.  One night we had a singer who only sang Adele songs.  She was excellent.  The music hall had a Styx cover band that played all week and was also excellent.  The adult comedy show was so so.  I've seen funnier comedians, but they also change weekly.  We did not go to see Cats.  We live 30 minutes from NYC and I go to Broadway shows often.  Had no interest in seeing Cats.

Just for accuracy's sake:  The comedians change bi-weekly.  🙂 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Cant wait to see the Aqua show, and the other shows!!

I feel like once was enough for me for Cats... LOL

I'm sure NCL and RCL are similar as far as little events in the pool area, but with such a large ship, I'm thinking they will have little events constantly going on in the different "Neighborhoods". 

So hard for me to wrap my head around how large this ship is!

We went on the NCL Breakaway and it was pretty big and had A LOT to do! Hope I can get around to seeing everything this ship has to offer in just 7 days!! 

Thank you again everyone for the comments! 

I'm not sure if it's because of post-pandemic blues, but the events seem to be fewer and farther between on my Oasis itinerary sailing tomorrow.

I'm comparing to a Symphony cruise in 2019 just before the pandemic. We also sailed Harmony a few years ago and they similarly had multiple shows in the main venues throughout the week.

My Oasis cruise only has one production show (Cats), one Aqua show, and one Ice show. In 2019, our Symphony cruise had two Production shows, 2 different Aqua shows, and 2 different Ice shows!  They also had comedians in the comedy club every night. I'm not seeing that in my cruise planner but will check once on board.

Still going to be a truck load of fun things to do, but the schedule seems very scaled back. The Royal Theater has 3 days in a row without live professional entertainment! And the Welcome aboard and Farewell shows have only ONE seating. Even the professional performers on Night 2 are only do one show instead of an early & late show.

p.s. - do not miss the Love & Marriage game show!

Edited by robmtx
  • Like 1