Cabanas on Barefoot Beach, Labadee?

Are there cabanas for rent on Barefoot Beach (suite only area) in Labadee? Have not seen them at all on RCCL website. I figured even if they were sold out, they would show up.  

Also, we are a party of 11 with 8 in owners suites and 3 in Jr Suites. I've heard it is GS and above for Barefoot Beach? Any options on getting our extra 3 in (thought maybe getting a cabana, paying, etc?)

Thanks!!

16 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Are there cabanas for rent on Barefoot Beach (suite only area) in Labadee? Have not seen them at all on RCCL website. I figured even if they were sold out, they would show up.  

Also, we are a party of 11 with 8 in owners suites and 3 in Jr Suites. I've heard it is GS and above for Barefoot Beach? Any options on getting our extra 3 in (thought maybe getting a cabana, paying, etc?)

Thanks!!

Suites have first dibs on renting the cabanas. They can invite anyone they want to join them  And any cabana not being taken by the suites are available.  RCI will not pass up the chance to make money, and an empty cabana makes no money.  It does help to have access to a concierge to make the arrangement, so being Diamond helps.

Edited by mo&fran

55 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Most of us are Diamond and in suites, but not sure who to contact to arrange this ahead of time. They don't seem to be available to rent as a "shore excursion"

Those in the OS will be contacted by the Suites Concierge 5 days prior to sailing. At that time you will be able to book the cabanas.  You will need to book 2 of them to accommodate 11 people.

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

Thanks!!

There are beautiful cabanas on Barefoot  Beach, some of them are over the water (on rocks- Not floating) and some are on the beach. A couple days prior to your cruise, you will receive an email from the concierge.  At , that point, you can inquire about a cabana 

if you want your JS traveling companions to have access to barefoot beach, you will need to book a cabana for them. Otherwise,  they will not have access to the area. You cannot “buy“ access.  Your Diamond status is worthless when it comes to barefoot beach.   The only C&A status that gets onto barefoot Beach is pinnacle. 

The beach next-door to barefoot Beach, Nelly’s beach is a very nice beach if you all want to stay together and don’t want to rent a cabana. 

Enjoy. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

When you book your cabana, the concierge will ask for a list of all people in their party, regardless of C&A status or stateroom, and the Barefoot Beach concierge will have that list, and they will have access.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Got this email today and figured it was relevant:

Note the phone number.. 😆

image.thumb.png.cd8bcc9bd4f030b19d4926c487cc14a7.png

I got this today too. My cruise is not until November. Never seen these so early. Royal must be trying to raise some cash.

For Harmony Aug 14 cabanas at Barefoot Beach prices:

Over the Water $1499 

Standard $999

Hilltop $1099

they are currently 10 percent off these prices, but yes, much more than they used to be (double??)

2 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Over the Water $1499 

Standard $999

Hilltop $1099

they are currently 10 percent off these prices, but yes, much more than they used to be (double??)

What the..........HE DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS!!!?  A standard used to be $300...that is TRIPLE the cost!  That is just outrageous.......

• Like 3

The Barefoot Beach cabanas never used to be available for reservations prior to boarding.   Star Class got first dibs b/c the Genie could reserve them before anyone else, followed by the Suites Concierge for the rest of the full suites and then if there were any left, suite guests could reserve them once onboard.  Now, the BB cabanas are the same as the PDCC cabanas - first come, first served.  ...and of course, the prices are astronomical.

30 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Over the Water $1499 

Standard $999

Hilltop $1099

I won't be paying those prices!  I'd rather apply it to another cruise 🙄

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Over the Water $1499 

Standard $999

Hilltop $1099

We are on the same sailing and got the e-mail this morning. I checked the prices also, but for $898 for a "standard", I think we will pass, even though there are 8 of us (but only one payee 🙃) We did get an Oasis Lagoon cabana for the same sailing for $399 on Black Friday.

mac_tlc

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

The Barefoot Beach cabanas never used to be available for reservations prior to boarding.   Star Class got first dibs b/c the Genie could reserve them before anyone else, followed by the Suites Concierge for the rest of the full suites and then if there were any left, suite guests could reserve them once onboard.  Now, the BB cabanas are the same as the PDCC cabanas - first come, first served.  ...and of course, the prices are astronomical.

We got the e-mail today so I checked the prices. We are also Star Class and I did wonder if they are holding any back for Star Class. I guess everyone has equal chance, but if I did want to book them and didn't happen to see/get/check the e-mail and they were sold out when the Genie contacts us, I might be a bit upset (not at those prices though).

mac_tlc

As with all of the extras, as long as people are willing to pay the listed price, that would be no reason to sell them for any cheaper. 

When I’m there shortly, I’ll have to take a look to see if they’re all occupied. If so,  then it appears Royal Caribbean knows what they’re doing. 

m

I think RCCL reasonably expects difficulties in selling the Barefoot cabanas at these prices, if released just a few days prior to cruise. Instead of adjusting the pricing, they got a brilliant idea: release the cabanas now and, to keep the pressure, show how few of them are remaining. "only 6 remaining" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We got the e-mail today so I checked the prices. We are also Star Class and I did wonder if they are holding any back for Star Class. I guess everyone has equal chance, but if I did want to book them and didn't happen to see/get/check the e-mail and they were sold out when the Genie contacts us, I might be a bit upset (not at those prices though).

mac_tlc

People are posting on a Star Class site that just got the email and when they tried to book nothing is available.

• Like 1