Cabanas on Barefoot Beach, Labadee?

Email i received from our concierge with barefoot cabana prices states 7 max persons. This is for july 4th on Mariner.

Yes!! Prices have skyrocketed on the cabanas. I was in a barefoot OTW cabana this February and price was under $600.  $1500 now for OTW - nah hard pass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Email i received from our concierge with barefoot cabana prices states 7 max persons. This is for july 4th on Mariner.

Yes!! Prices have skyrocketed on the cabanas. I was in a barefoot OTW cabana this February and price was under $600.  $1500 now for OTW - nah hard pass.

Off topic, but Go Steelers!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Like everything Royal trials new pricing to see if it can become the new normal.  If no one or few book at the new rates they will come down.  If they sell out consistently that will become the new norm.  Nellie's cabanas are also up.  People are paying crazy cabana rates at PDCC so why wouldn't they try to raise prices on Labadee?  

July 2022:

image.thumb.jpeg.6307165ec0ca04f9b66ce743e7a5a8e8.jpeg

December 2022:

image.thumb.jpeg.41179049810539aac0cb409a2c2fad98.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Interesting...  They are no longer GS and above.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd5ef6d3195d5272cb775ded86fd873b.jpeg

Makes sense. If they are going to price them high they may get more sales from a larger pool of guests who don't qualify for Barefoot Beach outright?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The GS and above disclaimer no longer shows in my cruise planner this morning

Same here and the Barefoot Beach Cabana's are the only thing available in our Cruise Planner for Labadee in January.  But, they just added the port to the Cruise Planner the other day so I didn't expect too much to be available yet.  I thought those Cabanas were displayed since we are in a suite.  Wonder if they are trying to make it more like Coco Beach Club, if you are willing to pay, you can stay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jk04 said:

Same here and the Barefoot Beach Cabana's are the only thing available in our Cruise Planner for Labadee in January.  But, they just added the port to the Cruise Planner the other day so I didn't expect too much to be available yet.  I thought those Cabanas were displayed since we are in a suite.  Wonder if they are trying to make it more like Coco Beach Club, if you are willing to pay, you can stay.

I think we will see the trend going in that direction.   Instead of adding suite amenities to PDCC, they will remove the suite areas from Labadee. Sound business decision in the grand scheme of things.

We had been planning on getting a cabana at Barefoot Beach but that price is outrageous! I did notice when I clicked on it in the cruise planner, it said I could confirm up to 14 people. That seems like alot.

Yeah...  hard pass from me.  We are in a star class suite departing Saturday, and on principle alone, not going to book the cabana.  I understand they are trying to recover from covid losses, but agree with what others have said- if they sell at these prices, prices will stay high.  It is essentially a covered deck on a stretch of beach that they own.  Where is the value at that price, exactly?  I had a cabana at South Beach on PDCC back in February which was newer, nicer, and cost way less.

On 7/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, RFerrington said:

For my 12-18-22 OA sailing the prices are:

OTW Cabanas - $1348.99 

Hilltop cabana - $988.99

Standard cabana - $898.99

Um...no thanks

Notice beach front are not mentioned. I would guess they are considered standard. 

On 7/1/2022 at 12:27 PM, RFerrington said:

The Barefoot Beach cabanas never used to be available for reservations prior to boarding.   Star Class got first dibs b/c the Genie could reserve them before anyone else, followed by the Suites Concierge for the rest of the full suites and then if there were any left, suite guests could reserve them once onboard.  Now, the BB cabanas are the same as the PDCC cabanas - first come, first served.  ...and of course, the prices are astronomical.

We are looking at them for Mariner this fall and Oasis March break as well. Looking, but one is Star and the other is not. 

On 7/1/2022 at 12:41 PM, mac_tlc said:

We got the e-mail today so I checked the prices. We are also Star Class and I did wonder if they are holding any back for Star Class. I guess everyone has equal chance, but if I did want to book them and didn't happen to see/get/check the e-mail and they were sold out when the Genie contacts us, I might be a bit upset (not at those prices though).

mac_tlc

I can understand people not being happy. 

On 7/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, ownedbypets said:

People are posting on a Star Class site that just got the email and when they tried to book nothing is available.

I’ll have to head over there to read up. 

• Like 1

We just looked at our October Mariner cruise, at OTW cabanas at Nellies and Barefoot.  They are in Canadian pricing, but interestingly enough the price is the exact same. 

Noted below says Nellies cabanas can’t access Bare Foot Beach Cabana Club for lunch but can eat at multiple places with everyone else.  I wonder if they are trying to morph Barefoot into a non-suite Club like in CoCo Cay, especially when it is bookable to all in advance and not just suites.

These are practically CoCo Cay Beach Club prices, but the experience is no where near as comparable IMO. Floating Cabana with mini bar, slide, shower, lobster lunch etc…. VS OTW cabana with buffet, washroom across the road etc… in Labadee.

Our son would call this ‘off brand” goods, only priced high.  

E36AA817-1437-49A0-9A1F-8D9758866355.thumb.jpeg.18e9ae83025f6c927f9cf4298c9ed943.jpeg

Noted below in red, Barefoot just mentions that there was a private BBQ lunch. 

EC571192-F22C-4A4F-9D54-1A5185460D8F.thumb.jpeg.f2f9be85f1602aac25203a1af50ce30a.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Notice beach front are not mentioned. I would guess they are considered standard. 

They added a series of landlocked cabanas closer to the BBQ and the bar area.

These "inland" cabanas (my name) are the "Standard" I believe.

BBCab1.jpg

BBCab2.jpg

BBCab3.jpg

BBCab4.jpg

BBCab5.jpg

BBCab6.jpg

BBCab7.jpg

BBCab8.jpg

BBCab9.jpg

BBCab10.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

These "inland" cabanas (my name) are the "Standard" I believe.

I agree.

It’s B1 and B2 that are the mystery, the beach front cabanas. There were only two of them, that is if they still exist today. If you got them as a standard it would be an upgrade but they definitely are not OTW. They were always a different price than all the other categories.  More than a standard but not as expensive as an OTW. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

22 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I think we will see the trend going in that direction.   Instead of adding suite amenities to PDCC, they will remove the suite areas from Labadee. Sound business decision in the grand scheme of things.

Yikes, I will certainly be disappointed if Barefoot Beach is removed as a suite amenity. 

m

• Like 1

We booked a standard Cabana in March and this the price we paid.  We were on Harmony.

1) Standard Cabana $ 350 (Only 8 available)

2) HillTop Cabana $ 495 - (Only 5 available).

• Cabana charges are per cabana and not per person.
  • Cabanas hold up to 6 guests only.
  • When reserving a cabana it is reserved for you the entire day in Labadee.
  • Cabanas reserved are only for you and your family or friends use only, remember they only hold up to 6 guests.

If you are interested in reserving a Cabana please let us know as soon as possible as cabanas are limited and we have 93 SKY CLASS suites.
Please also note that when reserving a cabana, no shows will still be charged.

My wife made a comment, basically that since we are booked in a suite we can see both Nellie and Barefoot cabanas options for on-line booking. 

Is there anyone here not in a suite, and can see both as options or only just Nellie?  I said to her that I don’t think RC’s IT is smart enough to differentiate who is in a suite VS not in one. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree.

It’s B1 and B2 that are the mystery, the beach front cabanas. There were only two of them, that is if they still exist today. If you got them as a standard it would be an upgrade but they definitely are not OTW. They were always a different price than all the other categories.  More than a standard but not as expensive as an OTW. 

There are four categories now.  Over the Water, Hilltop, Waterfront and Standard.

Beachfront sounds more like Waterfront vs. the true OTW.   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

There are four categories now.  Over the Water, Hilltop, Waterfront and Standard.

Beachfront sounds more like Waterfront vs. the true OTW.   

Yes, I agree with that terminology.  Water front must be sold out for our sailing, and thus we cannot see them. Thanks for the share, it’s good to know. 

On 7/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, HicksRA said:

Got this email today and figured it was relevant:

Note the phone number.. 😆

image.thumb.png.cd8bcc9bd4f030b19d4926c487cc14a7.png

So, I received this same email on Friday and within 3 hours I logged in to Cruise Planner.  The Barefoot Beach cabanas were showing (had not been before) but all showed that they were Sold Out.  I then called the number on the email and the agent said they were Sold Out and I should check when I board. Our sailing is in December 2022. Should I wait to contact the concierge closer to sailing or go ahead and book a Nellie's Beach cabana so that I'm guaranteed to have one?