Getting the "Princess Treatment" over past covid quarantine.

Colorado Coasty

When we were quarantined onboard Royal and then in a Seattle hotel last month Princess promised us a few things. They said we would receive FCC within 2 weeks for the days we were isolated on the ship, hasn't happened. They said we would be given $100 each per diem for food while in the hotel, trying to submit a claim or even get a response has been impossible. Princess telephone reps don't have a clue about what I'm talking about and while Princess tells me that they have received my email and that they will respond, I hear nothing.

I submitted our insurance claim to Aon Infintiy and they acknowledged it but nothing is happening. I kind of get the feeling they are following Princess' lead.

I also get the feeling that Princess is stonewalling us in hopes that we just forget the whole thing.

The whole insurance situation is VERY frustrating!  We tested positive on a b2b Emerald cruise on Feb 27th.  We filed our AON claim as soon as we returned home (March 5th).   We finally received all of our refunds from AON on June 10th (cancelled cruise fare, airline adjustment fees and for time spent in onboard isolation).  Princess refunded taxes and port fees back to our credit card.

We were advised by AON on May 2nd, that the $100 pp, per day, hotel isolation meal allowance was to be claimed directly from Princess.  We did so and to this day we are still waiting for our $1k reimbursement.  We were told that it would take 4 to 6 weeks for this to be processed.

Claim made at www.princess.com/refund-request

9 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Still waiting on a non-Covid AON claim from March!

We just got our non covid AON back for a trip interruption claim. Took 10 weeks to get the check.  
They are all swamped with all the claims from covid, trip interruptions and other medical claims.  Not an excuse, just reality.  
Make sure to check your account for FCC’s if you are waiting for those, or email PCL to check on your refund request, email shown above.  Or, if you have a claim with AON you can call them and ask when you will get your check.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The whole insurance situation is VERY frustrating!  We tested positive on a b2b Emerald cruise on Feb 27th.  We filed our AON claim as soon as we returned home (March 5th).   We finally received all of our refunds from AON on June 10th (cancelled cruise fare, airline adjustment fees and for time spent in onboard isolation).  Princess refunded taxes and port fees back to our credit card.

We were advised by AON on May 2nd, that the $100 pp, per day, hotel isolation meal allowance was to be claimed directly from Princess.  We did so and to this day we are still waiting for our $1k reimbursement.  We were told that it would take 4 to 6 weeks for this to be processed.

Claim made at www.princess.com/refund-request

On your claim to Princess, did you upload any documentation? It won't accept it without docs but won't upload the same things I sent to Aon. Princess can't tell me (or won't) why.

30 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

On your claim to Princess, did you upload any documentation? It won't accept it without docs but won't upload the same things I sent to Aon. Princess can't tell me (or won't) why.

Yes, I was able to upload docs to the Princess site.  I'm not a techie, so can't offer any tech help.  Maybe someone who is can help you?

On a different travel insurance claim, I ran into issues uploading docs.   Error messages were of course not helpful.  It finally turned out I couldn’t upload everything at once.   So had to upload one or two docs at a time.  Maybe that could help you?

Edited by Mary loves to travel