Any one use chunky monkey tours costa Maya ?

Anieto89

So this is really my first cruise but I figured since I speak good Spanish, that It wouldn’t be a bad thing to book an outside excursion in Mexico. I booked with chunky monkey tours and I just wanted to see if any of you guys had an experience with them that you would share. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Anieto89 said:

So this is really my first cruise but I figured since I speak good Spanish, that It wouldn’t be a bad thing to book an outside excursion in Mexico. I booked with chunky monkey tours and I just wanted to see if any of you guys had an experience with them that you would share. Thanks 

Howdy @Anieto89 emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising and your thread is off topic there. 

To help you out, your thread has been moved to the Costa Maya forum where it will be on topic. Browse through thread titles here on this forum and look for titles of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you. 

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers. Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there. Also, please read the Cruise Critic article Top 8 Things You Can Do on the Cruise Critic Message Boards to Enhance Your Cruise.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

4 hours ago, Anieto89 said:

They seem to be a relatively new company. I asked earlier about their beach club but got no response. Since then they seem to be offering a beach break but I was really interested in going independently and just PAYG. They do not appear to have an email contact for questions.

Not sure which tour you have booked but if you go to their beach club please report back.

Okay I will and I booked the beach club and this is what it includes 

• Transportation from the Costa Maya port to “Chunky Monkey Beach Club”
  • A 60-minute snorkeling trip (boat ride included) or a 60-minute massage
  • Lunch Entree – Fresh fish, Ceviche, Fish Filet, Portobello Burger other selected items available, vegetarian options also available
  • Appetizer – Nachos, Guacamole, selected items available, vegetarian options also available
  • Your favorite alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
  • Free Wi-Fi, English-speaking host                
    I will def report back with my review this is the contact they gave me 
  • Phone:847-804-5458
  • Email:mswederski@gmail.com

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2022 at 9:33 PM, Anieto89 said:

Okay I will and I booked the beach club and this is what it includes 

• Transportation from the Costa Maya port to “Chunky Monkey Beach Club”
  • A 60-minute snorkeling trip (boat ride included) or a 60-minute massage
  • Lunch Entree – Fresh fish, Ceviche, Fish Filet, Portobello Burger other selected items available, vegetarian options also available
  • Appetizer – Nachos, Guacamole, selected items available, vegetarian options also available
  • Your favorite alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
  • Free Wi-Fi, English-speaking host                
    I will def report back with my review this is the contact they gave me 
  • Phone:847-804-5458
  • Email:mswederski@gmail.com

When is/was your cruise?

I just stumbled across their website, and I am looking forward to your review.

Yeah they were good but they didn’t pick me up I had to get a cab both ways and they didn’t pay for the cab either after I paid 89 each online I was expecting to get picked up. The food and drinks were excellent as was the massage I got from Guadeloupe . So I recommend just catching a cab and taking it there if you want to do that but I did not like costa Maya it stank from the rotting sargassum . Next time I’m definitely staying on the ship skipping that one 

15 minutes ago, Anieto89 said:

Yeah they were good but they didn’t pick me up I had to get a cab both ways and they didn’t pay for the cab either after I paid 89 each online I was expecting to get picked up. The food and drinks were excellent as was the massage I got from Guadeloupe . So I recommend just catching a cab and taking it there if you want to do that but I did not like costa Maya it stank from the rotting sargassum . Next time I’m definitely staying on the ship skipping that one 

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately you sailed at the height of sargassum season and this has been a particularly bad year. I imagine Chunky Monkey is too far south to be protected by the baffles positioned off the beach along the malecon. Were they trying to keep the beach clear or not a Chunky Monkey - i suspect it is a small workforce?

The website does say transport included in the package, $89 and no transport is very expensive. Also it says only one drink was that correct? I don’t want the snorkeling or massage. Did you see people just arriving without a package and doing PAYG? Did you see a menu with prices? Thanks.

Edited by c-leg5

It was unlimited drinks and you got to choose an entrée off the menu basically anything you wanted and they were huge portions. The food was absolutely wonderful and I think they try to do something about the sargassum  it was just too bad. They told me the best time to come is in March. I didn’t get many photos of the food because the wind was blowing and it started to rain. It was kind of a bus but the drinks were strong and delicious and the food was the best I had on the whole trip. you can definitely arrive without a package But we just actually went on a very bad day so we were the only people there

E1EADB6C-1A84-41CD-B67C-281CD68053A2.jpeg

• Thanks 1