Hot or Cold? What to wear inside (in an air-conditioned space) during the summer?

monapam1

I am taking a Caribbean cruise in August. Since it will be hot, I will be packing typical summer clothes. But, I get chilled easily, and wonder if, when inside the ship, will I get cold when the a/c is cranking? Any suggestions for a light sweater/wrap/jacket that pairs well with summer styles? Thanks!

I have a cream-colored pashmina - a largish one - that I always take on warm weather cruises.  It looks fine with all my summer clothes, and I need it in the main dining rooms, the theaters, etc. almost all the time.  I got mine several years ago on Amazon, I think.  

• Like 3

I always bring a large scarf/wrap and usually more than one on any trip! I have several that go with many of my clothes I bring, and are work horses! They also help in making the same dress or outfit look different if you want to wear the same thing on multiple occasions - which I do. 

I would not scrimp on buying a cheap scarf but spend a little more money on a good quality wrap. A lightweight cashmere scarf will last a long time if taken care of and keeps you warm too. 

• Like 3

I like the pashminas also but I have a LOT of short sleeved and 3/4 sleeved lightweight sweaters.  I live in Miami so I always like to have something for my shoulders.  It's super hot and humid here in the summer - much like the Caribbean and when the a/c is cranking I get cold, especially on my shoulders.  I love the short sleeved sweaters I got from Macy's - the brand is JM collection.  Hope this helps!

On 6/28/2022 at 9:34 PM, camella said:

I like the pashminas also but I have a LOT of short sleeved and 3/4 sleeved lightweight sweaters.  I live in Miami so I always like to have something for my shoulders.  It's super hot and humid here in the summer - much like the Caribbean and when the a/c is cranking I get cold, especially on my shoulders.  I love the short sleeved sweaters I got from Macy's - the brand is JM collection.  Hope this helps!

I agree - a wrap can look a little dressy during the day and depending on activities, a short-sleeved or even lightweight long sleeved sweater can be perfect. I usually wear a lightweight jacket/sweater on the plane and pack a couple of wraps/scarves.

• Like 1

I am on ship now in the Med and the public venues have been cold to freezing, so much so I have gone to Guest Relations multiple times. Evenings I ALWAYS have a cardigan with me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 9:13 PM, Laurab23 said:

I like the idea of a wrap but I am only 5 ft tall and the wraps always look too big on me.

Laura

I'm short too--the secret is getting a wrap that is a lightweight, drapable fabric and more of a rectangle than a square. Too much bulk is a problem when you are petite.

Look for a lightweight silk or cashmere blend rectangular scarf.

Edited by broker1217
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, broker1217 said:

I'm short too--the secret is getting a wrap that is a lightweight, drapable fabric and more of a rectangle than a square. Too much bulk is a problem when you are petite.

Look for a lightweight silk or cashmere blend rectangular scarf.

Thanks for the tip.