Access to cabin

kgc3200

We board today and we were curious to find out about the time we can access our cabin.  Our check-in time is at 1:30pm and I know that is when I have seen that people have gotten into their cabin.  Will we be able to head straight to our cabin OR do they stagger the time depending on when you actually board.

9 minutes ago, kgc3200 said:

We board today and we were curious to find out about the time we can access our cabin.  Our check-in time is at 1:30pm and I know that is when I have seen that people have gotten into their cabin.  Will we be able to head straight to our cabin OR do they stagger the time depending on when you actually board.

If you’re supposed to board at 1:30 I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re ready. They’re supposed to be ready by then. Usually it’s the people who board much earlier than that that don’t have access to their cabin. 
Come back and let us know!

• Like 2

I said this somewhere else. Please let the Cabin stewards completely sanitize the Cabins before we all make a mad dash to open the Cabin door flood gates. With the Covid issue still alive and well it's for our safety and the crew's safety.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

...Please let the Cabin stewards completely sanitize the Cabins before we all make a mad dash to open the Cabin door flood gates. With the Covid issue still alive and well it's for our safety and the crew's safety.   

Very good point.  I almost always see quite a few people barging past the closed doors who don't feel like rules should apply to them.  They just get in the way of the crew and slow things down.  Just find a comfortable spot and relax for a bit until cabins are ready (or do as the OP and avoid the wait altogether by grabbing a later boarding time).

Edited by groundloop

40 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Very good point.  I almost always see quite a few people barging past the closed doors who don't feel like rules should apply to them.  They just get in the way of the crew and slow things down.  Just find a comfortable spot and relax for a bit until cabins are ready (or do as the OP and avoid the wait altogether by grabbing a later boarding time).

In all fairness though, Platinum, Diamond, and suite guests are allowed through to drop off their bags. So some (not saying all) may be doing this. We have a suite booked on our next cruise and I plan to drop stuff off. But I’ve been told we’re allowed to and wouldn’t do it without being told we could. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still do not take advantage of our Carnival Cruise status. I wait until the all Cabin signal is given and then it takes us a few minutes after that to go to the cabin. The bags don't usually arrive until later in the afternoon. We don't overpack so we are lugging around extra luggage that needs to be placed inside the cabins.  

Learn to slow it down, relax and enjoy the Cruise.

55 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Thank you for your insight!!!

As Platinum, we quickly drop off our wine and soda, then immediately leave. We are the ones you see pushing the doors open. However,  it IS allowed for diamond, platinum and suites. Before covid, our rooms were ready whenever we boarded, but understandably,  that has changed.  I don't like carrying the heavy stuff around, so we get in, get out and enjoy the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a platinum cruiser my cabin is ready when i board. Our sail and sign cards are in the slot and the room steward is done with our room. Yes we have open the unlocked fire doors to get to the room but everybody we see greets us warmly.

On 6/26/2022 at 8:27 AM, jetsfan58 said:

I said this somewhere else. Please let the Cabin stewards completely sanitize the Cabins before we all make a mad dash to open the Cabin door flood gates. With the Covid issue still alive and well it's for our safety and the crew's safety.   

Has surface transmission of covid finally been proven? 

16 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Has surface transmission of covid finally been proven? 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

Vaguely "Within households". So probably somewhat, because new guests take over the old "household". I think it helps more when stewards open the doors on turn-around day for a few hours. 

1 minute ago, AmazedByCruising said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

Vaguely "Within households". So probably somewhat, because new guests take over the old "household". I think it helps more when stewards open the doors on turn-around day for a few hours. 

Right, In most situations, cleaning surfaces using soap or detergent, and not disinfecting, is enough to reduce risk. Disinfection is recommended in indoor community settings where there has been a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 24 hours. 

CDC finally admits it was wrong about surface transmission of COVID-19 (denverpost.com)  with this new guidance from the CDC, you can finally ignore excessive cleaning or disinfection that wastes your energy and budget. Don’t waste your COVID budget on cleaning supplies, and don’t keep people from enjoying activities that bring life and joy.

3 hours ago, nslatin said:

As a platinum cruiser my cabin is ready when i board. Our sail and sign cards are in the slot and the room steward is done with our room. Yes we have open the unlocked fire doors to get to the room but everybody we see greets us warmly.

Our rooms used to be ready as soon as we boarded. But the last 2 Carnival cruises we were on, at least one of our platinum rooms were NOT ready. This is new due to Covid. Hopefully they will return to Pre-covid standards, but you can't expect them always to be ready. I usually board first appointment,  as we are 25 miles from.a port.