DEAL ALERT - ADVENTURE

On 6/27/2022 at 5:00 PM, BecciBoo said:

Wow have not read your review yet, but we had a fabulous cruise out of Galveston on her in March, one of our best.

OK read it, so sorry it didn't meet your standards.  We had wonderful service, great steward, good entertainment and were thoroughly pleased.  It's an older ship so we were aware some things might be a little subpar, but were surprised when they were not.  Ship was clean and well maintained etc.  We've been cruising for 26 years mostly on RCCL.  Very pleased, no complaints.

I've done several cruises on Adventure out of San Juan and Ft. Lauderdale. Everyone of those cruises were great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Things change. We sailed may 2022

My rebuttal was to: "We cruised Adventure a few years ago and didn't have a good experience either, we thought it was just us."

And another counterpoint from another poster:  "We were on a 9 night in May and really enjoyed it.  Yes, it’s an older ship, but we thought the food and service were great."

I'm just asking for review of Grandeur.  I'm also looking for the ship chart that shows the black silhouettes of all the ships and their class, tonnage, complement etc.  CANNOT find it on RCCL site, but have seen it lots of time on here.

16 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm just asking for review of Grandeur.  I'm also looking for the ship chart that shows the black silhouettes of all the ships and their class, tonnage, complement etc.  CANNOT find it on RCCL site, but have seen it lots of time on here.

But if your are taking the Sept 2022 CA/NE cruise from Baltimore, you are sailing Enchantment, not Grandeur.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:03 AM, ReneeFLL said:

I really wished people would stop posting deal alerts. 😁  I have booked 3 in about the last 4 months. Luckily this one we will already be on another cruise. Ok, I really like seeing the deal alerts.

I love it too!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2022 at 6:37 PM, AlohaLivin said:

If it helps your feelings any, when we did that itinerary in October we almost froze to death so you may have dodged a bullet 😂

I'm thinking about doing that itinerary next year -- how cold was it seriously?  You'd pack all long pants, of course -- would you need a sweater or jacket all the time?  I'm not a big fan of cold.  I see you're in Atlanta; I'm just a little further North than you, but we're used to the same weather. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury

31 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm thinking about doing that itinerary next year -- how cold was it seriously?  You'd pack all long pants, of course -- would you need a sweater or jacket all the time?  I'm not a big fan of cold.  I see you're in Atlanta; I'm just a little further North than you, but we're used to the same weather. 

Seriously, we were quite cold. Hubby was raised in Chicago and he agreed it was far too cold for enjoying it as we would have wished. Of course weather changes year to year, but we had our thoughts of beautiful fall leaves and got the frozen and windy tundra 😂 I would suggest at least bringing some cold weather wear Icoat/ sweatshirts/etc)  just in case if you are going in October. You will be okay in NY and MA, but as you get to Maine and up the chill gets pretty heavy. You will have a great time I am sure!

Edited by AlohaLivin

On 6/27/2022 at 12:06 PM, Cruise a holic said:

We have an oasis cruise for early august.  I am a little nervous.  However oasis bigger, newer and we will be in a suite 

So what is your concern.  Sailed Oasis in September when cruising opened up and had a fantastic time.  

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

My bad, I messed that post up.  We're doing the Coz run from Galveston in Sept.  BTW I got the ship class chart from 

My issues with grandeur have to do with the dining staff. I had a female waiter who got a attitude with me about ordering off the vegan menu and told me it had to be pre ordered and I said no and she said yes that got escalated and then if anything I felt like everyone knew my face and that was annoying. 

So I'm biased that this was my least favorite cruise since restart. Someone lately reviewed and didnt like between 3 pm and 6 pm only bad pizza available. Maybe a exaggeration but I only got cold pizza I didnt like. First night way too many had 2 hour mdr dinners. Ran out of silverware during sea day lunch in buffet. Line at coffee shop every morning even if you just wanted to grab a donut.

Hopefully by now they have more waiters. I like to eat so as I said I'm biased. I got the cruises cheap so I'm ok, but didnt rush to book more. Sure yes lots of lovely water and the crew especially cabin stewards bent over backwards trying. Not one person that I knew said they would book grandeur again. Tablet mates said well maybe it's the shorter legs why they felt that way. 

On 6/29/2022 at 12:59 PM, firefly333 said:

My issues with grandeur have to do with the dining staff.

Thanks.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Price was too good to pass up even for a 4 day, but just had to book it for a little getaway before the 7 day Odyssey in December.

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Thanks.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Price was too good to pass up even for a 4 day, but just had to book it for a little getaway before the 7 day Odyssey in December.

that was my situation too. I could hit 340 pts by doing b2b2b2b on grandeur. Maybe staffing has improved my steward said what do you expect with 70% staff and 95% pax. 

That day at lunch in WJ they ran out of ribs so I patiently waited, got them after a while, but every silverware bin was empty. Got a crewmember to get that then no clean tables so i ate with friends at their table. I'd say 1/3 of tables no salt and pepper but they expected a shipment by now. The line to eat was closed I heard from others not allowed into WJ

I get it as I've been attacked for not saying I loved grandeur. 1.5 hours at chops and they walked out without dessert. Lots said 2 hour meals especially first night. Consider wj for dinner first night if staffing low still. Except for pizza I thought the food was very good, just slow. .. and I've done liberty 5 times before grandeur to compare. If anything food was spiced better than liberty. I just am not fod of lines. 

I have to give them a break in this climate.  I have trouble with local eateries here too because of the recession and shipping woes. Heck, I usually have blood drawn with a butterfly needle in my hand because of the inability  to find a good vein in my elbow....not so much now because of the needle shortage, that's right, they haven't had a shipment of those finer needles at our hospital in months!  So they save the ones they have for children. I was glad to give one up, but they still had to dig around.  An ordeal, but they had no choice.  That's the world we live in now...so stuff like you report is just one more problem we have to get used to....sorta like the flight woes right now.  3rd world problems I guess.  I'll put up with it, I love cruising.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, firefly333 said:

My issues with grandeur have to do with the dining staff. I had a female waiter who got a attitude with me about ordering off the vegan menu and told me it had to be pre ordered and I said no and she said yes that got escalated and then if anything I felt like everyone knew my face and that was annoying. 

So I'm biased that this was my least favorite cruise since restart. Someone lately reviewed and didnt like between 3 pm and 6 pm only bad pizza available. Maybe a exaggeration but I only got cold pizza I didnt like. First night way too many had 2 hour mdr dinners. Ran out of silverware during sea day lunch in buffet. Line at coffee shop every morning even if you just wanted to grab a donut.

Hopefully by now they have more waiters. I like to eat so as I said I'm biased. I got the cruises cheap so I'm ok, but didnt rush to book more. Sure yes lots of lovely water and the crew especially cabin stewards bent over backwards trying. Not one person that I knew said they would book grandeur again. Tablet mates said well maybe it's the shorter legs why they felt that way. 

I remember that incident. It was so odd. Why did it matter to her what you wanted to eat? Everyone should order what they want and if they run out of menu items later in the evening (which they often do) so be it.

2 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

I remember that incident. It was so odd. Why did it matter to her what you wanted to eat? Everyone should order what they want and if they run out of menu items later in the evening (which they often do) so be it.

were you one of the 7 strangers I was seated with? I agree, I've never seen a waiter cop a attitude like that before and I've cruised more than a bit.