New Amex Offer - Check Your Cards Oceania Cruises

greatestvalue

I have this on my Amex Platinum.  Not sure if it will work, but I'm going pay down my current booking by $800 to see if it triggers it. 

DETAILS

Get a one-time $250 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $800 in one or more purchases online at oceaniacruises.com by 9/26/2022. See terms.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 6/27/2022 and 9/26/2022 with Oceania Cruises online at US website oceaniacruises.com or by calling 1-855-623-2642. Includes excursions and packages booked and paid for online. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Excludes onboard purchases, excursions and packages booked and paid for on ship, Canyon Ranch Spa, Bon Voyage Gifts, Oceania Cruises Bed Collection, Land Tour Series, Culinary Discovery Tours, and Hotel Programs. Excludes Norwegian Cruise Line and Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/26/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items/services from your qualifying purchase have been shipped/provided by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your purchase as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account. The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Amex Offers are dynamic and personalized, so the offers you see may change. For questions regarding your Card Account, please call the number on the back of your Card. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K3RO:0001

• Like 1

None on any of mine, but I do have Norwegian, I had one for Regent recently, I also have one for RCL & American Steamboat. Mine are on the everyday card. I just added a bunch to my card to make some room for new offers. Maybe I'll see the Oceania one. 

• Like 1

So if you pay through a travel agent it would not count?  My amex Amazon card has the option but not the Hilton Card. Too bad I already paid final pay and booked excursions. There are a few ports I did not book excursions. It might now be worth it

Edited by oskidunker

16 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

So if you pay through a travel agent it would not count?  My amex Amazon card has the option but not the Hilton Card. Too bad I already paid final pay and booked excursions. There are a few ports I did not book excursions. It might now be worth it

If your TA charges it through Oceania then you should get the credit. I found the T & C's that SJ posted interesting as it didn't mention travel partner. Here is what my offer for NCL says, which is very similar to the Oceania offers I've had in the past.

"Offer valid for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 9/12/2022."

My personal experience in the past has been that I have had our TA run our card for the requested amount, and we have always got the offer. 

Not on my Platinum AmEx. I have NCL, Royal Caribbean, and American none of which I cruise on.  I’m getting ready to book a cruise next year. Which leads to another question.  I’ve been looking at April/May 2023 on Marina to Greece and I’m surprised that only the top 2 suite categories and the inside cabins are waitlisted. Everything else seems to be open I’m used to seeing everything waitlisted. Is something going on I’m not aware of?  I know Marina is going to be refurbished but that’s not until November 2023. Could it be because everybody is booking Vista or just because I usually book TransAtlantics. 

I work for one of the "big Wall Street firms" and it was on my house branded Amex Platinum.

BTW, there is a way to get the Amex Platinum, which is normally $695/year, for "free" (rebated).  While I am an employee, I qualify as a client.

Basically, the elements that get me the benefit are:

1. Minimum $25,000 in a "checking" type of balance in a cash management account

and

2a. At least $5,000/mo in direct deposit

or

2b. Social security direct deposited (any amount).

and

3. A brokerage relationship (to my knowledge, any amount).

Previously, at least $1,000,000 was required to get some of the perks, but they dropped that requirement.  I think it's a great deal.  The Amex Platinum perks are seemingly endless.  I like the access to first class lounges, the hotel benefits, and many of the special protections.  

They paid all of my expenses (about $350) when my Miami flight was cancelled and we had to stay overnight and grab a flight the next morning.  I had used frequent flyer mileage to book the flights, but because I put the taxes on my Amex Platinum, I was covered (had to be for weather or mechanical issues, which it was).

Let me also add that above and beyond the periodic Amex Offers (such at $250 off $800) if an Oceania cruise is booked through an Amex qualified travel agent (ask them), I believe you get the following regardless of what you book:

1. $300 OBC
2. A bottle of wine
3. In invitation to an onboard wine tasting event

To be clear, I'm writing this as a customer and just for informational purposes.

Edited by Stockjock

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I work for one of the "big Wall Street firms" and it was on my house branded Amex Platinum.

BTW, there is a way to get the Amex Platinum, which is normally $695/year, for "free" (rebated).  While I am an employee, I qualify as a client.

Basically, the elements that get me the benefit are:

1. Minimum $25,000 in a "checking" type of balance in a cash management account

and

2a. At least $5,000/mo in direct deposit

or

2b. Social security direct deposited (any amount).

and

3. A brokerage relationship (to my knowledge, any amount).

Previously, at least $1,000,000 was required to get some of the perks, but they dropped that requirement.  I think it's a great deal.  The Amex Platinum perks are seemingly endless.  I like the access to first class lounges, the hotel benefits, and many of the special protections.  

They paid all of my expenses (about $350) when my Miami flight was cancelled and we had to stay overnight and grab a flight the next morning.  I had used frequent flyer mileage to book the flights, but because I put the taxes on my Amex Platinum, I was covered (had to be for weather or mechanical issues, which it was).

Let me also add that above and beyond the periodic Amex Offers (such at $250 off $800) if an Oceania cruise is booked through an Amex qualified travel agent (ask them), I believe you get the following regardless of what you book:

1. $300 OBC
2. A bottle of wine
3. In invitation to an onboard wine tasting event

To be clear, I'm writing this as a customer and just for informational purposes.

I have this one. It's Morgan Stanley version. Pretty easy to setup. Now with fixed rated annuities over 4 percent it might be better go get 1000 in interest vs 695, free authorized user and several other perks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thepla said:

I have this one. It's Morgan Stanley version. Pretty easy to setup. Now with fixed rated annuities over 4 percent it might be better go get 1000 in interest vs 695, free authorized user and several other perks.

Don't want to get too specific here, but an annuity is typically an intermediate to long-term investment and most have pretty substantial penalties if redeemed prior to maturity.  A checking or money market is a much different situation.  The cash is liquid.

Edited by Stockjock

10 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Don't want to get too specific here, but an annuity is an intermediate to long-term investment and most have pretty substantial penalties if redeemed prior to maturity.  A checking or money market is a much different situation.  The cash is liquid.

I am not only not licensed for advice or willing to go into it on a piblic forum. Not all Fixed rate ones risk capital but interest. All I was saying $695 in second year for free, Centurion, hotel status, minor Saks, Priority pass etc are a great value for road warriors plus OBC for several cruise lines. In my case I also have Business Plat so lots or redundencies. I plan on not renewing business one. Remember "free" one also requires $5000 monthly transfer into account, which can be transferred out shortly after.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thepla said:

I am not only not licensed for advice or willing to go into it on a piblic forum. Not all Fixed rate ones risk capital but interest. All I was saying $695 in second year for free, Centurion, hotel status, minor Saks, Priority pass etc are a great value for road warriors plus OBC for several cruise lines. In my case I also have Business Plat so lots or redundencies. I plan on not renewing business one. Remember "free" one also requires $5000 monthly transfer into account, which can be transferred out shortly after.

Agreed.  I love mine.

I've also used that Amex hotel perk, which is $200 rebated + $100 spending cash + upgrade if available + a miscellaneous amenity (in some cases).

Booked 3 nights at a 5 star hotel in Copenhagen (summer 2022) using my 2021 benefit on Fine Hotels + Resorts and/or The Hotel Collection.  The room was somewhere in the $250/night range net.  So the credit brought the price down to about $183/night after the rebate, but they also offered me breakfast every morning (a nice breakfast), a substantial room upgrade (or so I'm told), and $100 restaurant and bar credit.

Then, I used my $200 2022 credit for the same summer 2022 trip for a hotel in Barcelona.  Got a really nice 5 star hotel in a great part of town with a lovely rooftop bar and restaurant.  Same basic deal.

Just on the Oceania cruise alone, I'll get back $550 + perks from Amex ($300 OBC + $250 cash on the Amex offer).

One more little story.   I have a sports car with high door sills and my wheels were looking kind of bad, so I paid to have all 4 wheels refinished.  2 weeks later, I hit a curb and damaged one of them, which was 100% my fault.  Amex reimbursed me for all 4 wheels.  I told them reimbursement for 1 was fine, since only 1 was damaged, but they insisted on paying for all 4.  I think they covered it under the benefit for "lost, stolen or damaged after purchase".

Okay, enough of the commercial for Amex, Platinum, but obviously I like the card a lot.

Edited by Stockjock

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread but didn't want to start a new one for this. For those of you that keep up with these offers My Amex Everyday card just came out with an offer for 5 Membership Points for every dollar spent with Oceania up to 50,000 points. I'm sure there will be variations on it depending on the card. I've got a final payment coming up in a couple of weeks.

One thing I learned recently is that even if you don't plan on using the offer right away make sure you go ahead and add it to your card, as it might disappear before the expiration date for the offer. 

Edited by ORV

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I know this is an old thread but didn't want to start a new one for this. For those of you that keep up with these offers My Amex Everyday card just came out with an offer for 5 Membership Points for every dollar spent with Oceania up to 50,000 points. I'm sure there will be variations on it depending on the card. I've got a final payment coming up in a couple of weeks.

One thing I learned recently is that even if you don't plan on using the offer right away make sure you go ahead and add it to your card, as it might disappear before the expiration date for the offer. 

FWIW, I think this popped up on my Amex Offers (Platinum) roughly 2-3 months ago.  So I suppose different people are targeted for the offers sometimes at different times.