Loyalty Tiers

paulatsea

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Stick them all on Ebay  - you might be surprised as to their value! 

It was the post about the one at £29 on eBay that prompted me to look them all out! But when I checked for actual Sold listings, there were just a few that had fetched £2 or £3, so the £29 one will probably stay listed with no takers. It was lovely to have a rummage amongst my P&O stuff though. It made me realize how much I miss cruising, after more than 3 years out of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Strangely enough, I think it is quite useful.

If you see someone with a silver or black Medallion,  you know that you do not need to use the dreaded "have you done many cruises?" question. 

I guess it's  a bit like being a Freemason, but  without the secret handshake. 

Shows how much I noticed - not! If you had asked me before you mentioned the different colours, I would have said that they were all grey metal. 

And another thing, on the 4th or 5th morning, my husband looked at both our medallions and idly asked “I wonder which one is mine?” We only then realised that our names were on them! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Shows how much I noticed - not! If you had asked me before you mentioned the different colours, I would have said that they were all grey metal. 

Blue, then red,  grey (silver realky) and the peak, black! 

Grey does seem to be the predominant colour.

And not only is your name on the Medallion,  but also the ship and cruise date. They make good fridge magnets when you get home.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Slightly off topic,  but the Medallions on Princess are coloured according to your "status". 

I always try and sneak a glance at the colour when talking to other people.

If they have a black Medallion I keep quiet !  

I have a black medallion 🙂

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

And not only is your name on the Medallion,  but also the ship and cruise date. They make good fridge magnets when you get home.

No good for fridge magnets in my kitchen, the fridge/freezer is fitted behind wood.

They would match the black quartz worktops though 😂

I really would like to find a use for them.

Edited by Josy1953

10 hours ago, emam said:

Salvation Army will take them in Graham, especially around Christmas time.

Good idea Elaine.

Our church has a collection every year for the salvation army in Sunderland and we usually bring  toiletries and chocolate to church for our vicar to take in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Grey, silver is Platinum 

15 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Did one cruise with Princess a few years back and was Elite due to P&O loyalty. Do not think it is transferable now?

I think it depends on when you cruised with P&O.  We've never sailed with Princess (yet).  Last year I created an account with them as we were considering doing a staycation.  Straight in at Elite.  Been cruising with P&O for about 12 years.

28 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I think it depends on when you cruised with P&O.  We've never sailed with Princess (yet).  Last year I created an account with them as we were considering doing a staycation.  Straight in at Elite.  Been cruising with P&O for about 12 years.

Thank you. Will have a look.

58 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Well done.

Seem to remember a few years ago receiving correspondence from Princess saying that P & O nights after a certain date would not be credited and there would be a cut off date for joining their loyalty scheme.

Maybe they have changed to attract disgruntled P & O customers?

The good news is once Elite always Elite unlike P & O with their top two tiers.

When you arrive at the priority boarding desk you are greeted with welcome back, we did not have the heart to tell them that we had not sailed with them before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Grey, silver is Platinum 

Actually, looking at the tiers again, there are only four:

Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite.

The Platinum colour is grey or silver depending on the light !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Thank you. Will have a look.

It all changed in 2017 so only P&O cruises up until then count (and they don’t count for the top passenger lunch etc) just for loyalty tiers.

Lots of frequent P&O folks are Elite and have only done one or two cruises on Princess.

18 hours ago, Valfan said:

I went from Gold in Portunus club to Caribbean in Peninsular Club too. Then I did quite a lot of cruising upon early retirement, and found myself in the Baltic tier, which I never expected to reach. I remember receiving lapel pins, though like you I never wore them or saw anyone else doing so. On reading this thread, I decided to have a rummage amongst my P&O souvenirs. So far I've found 8 Caribbean pins, all in little blue cloth bags, 3 Baltic ones in little cardboard holders, and a round blue badge for P&O's 175 years Grand Event.

I've just got the Baltic one plus pins from Cunard and Celebrity. How I got them I don't know as I have only cruised with them a few times!

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good idea Elaine.

Our church has a collection every year for the salvation army in Sunderland and we usually bring  toiletries and chocolate to church for our vicar to take in.

Why are you feeding your vicar chocolate?

• Haha 3