Still no reimbursement for my flight I needed to book last minute when Flight ease failed to ticket me

gailellen12

My TA and I are still waiting to hear about the over 2500.00 I am due for out of pocket payment for my Philly to Barcelona flight which Flight Ease failed to ticket. It has now been over two weeks. HAL has my credit card statement and copies of ticket receipts. Has anyone else been on this similar situation?  Hours waiting have been spent waiting on the phone. Unacceptable to say the least🤨

39 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

My TA and I are still waiting to hear about the over 2500.00 I am due for out of pocket payment for my Philly to Barcelona flight which Flight Ease failed to ticket. It has now been over two weeks. HAL has my credit card statement and copies of ticket receipts. Has anyone else been on this similar situation?  Hours waiting have been spent waiting on the phone. Unacceptable to say the least🤨

Contact your credit card company to have the charge reimbursed!

• Like 2

Contact corporate and in a polite email ask for your money back and attach all of your invoices, ticket receipts etc.    Elliott Advocacy has all the corporate email addresses for you.  Elliott.org.  

We changed our flights in FlightEase and waited one month for the refund of our original airfare ($2,300+)...  I called, and called some more, and finally emailed their accounting department who confirmed that the refund was in the que to be processed...  It finally arrived one month later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, gailellen12 said:

Do you have a phone number that is specifically for the accounting department. I am still trying to get my money back. Angry doesn’t begin to describe it😡😡

An email address too would be helpful. At this point any acknowledgement from them and I would know at least that I am in the queue. Absolutely no news has come my way 

I understand this does not help the OP but this may be useful for someone else coming to this thread  looking for help.  When your flight is canceled or delayed unacceptably work with the airline first.  We did this yesterday and all costs, luggage forwarding and reservations were done at the airport by airport staff.  My travel companion was rerouted, on a another airline, at no cost. She was delayed by 8 hours but made it home safely with her luggage arriving. 

It may not be HAL problem.  I'm waiting 3+ weeks on a refund or e credit request directly from Delta. Trip is long past, but Delta still shows it as active.  I contacted them and got the same response, "you're in the queue".  Am also having problem with the trip insurance I purchased through Insure My Trip.  Notified them immediately when HAL cancelled our Alaska cruise tour 13 days before departure. Obviously, we shouldn't be insured for a trip doesn't happen. They acknowledged that if we don't submit a claim, we are due a refund or a future credit from the carrier.  Also in that queue.  I think all travel services are overwhelmed and we have no choice but to be patient.  Unfortunately, we expect cancellation to be as simple and quick as bookings but the systems and personnel are just not set up for that.

1 hour ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

It may not be HAL problem.  I'm waiting 3+ weeks on a refund or e credit request directly from Delta. Trip is long past, but Delta still shows it as active.  I contacted them and got the same response, "you're in the queue".  Am also having problem with the trip insurance I purchased through Insure My Trip.  Notified them immediately when HAL cancelled our Alaska cruise tour 13 days before departure. Obviously, we shouldn't be insured for a trip doesn't happen. They acknowledged that if we don't submit a claim, we are due a refund or a future credit from the carrier.  Also in that queue.  I think all travel services are overwhelmed and we have no choice but to be patient.  Unfortunately, we expect cancellation to be as simple and quick as bookings but the systems and personnel are just not set up for that.

Credit card protections are much longer for travel than other purchases.  If you did not receive the services purchased you may want to file a dispute with your credit card company.  This would only be if you booked directly with the airline.  But be warned, even in normal times the process is 60 days 

This will not help the OP but for others using HAL Flight Ease it is easy to see if your flights have been ticketed by going into your HAL account and checking under flights to see if you have your E ticket numbers listed, if they are there your flights have been paid and ticketed by HAL FE. We are using FE next month and after we paid for the flights within 2 days, we had E Ticket numbers and our flights with United actually shows in my United account the date and time our flights were ticketed. In today's current flights and airport issues worldwide, you can NEVER assume anything is done until you verify. Even after you verify you still need to check your flights with the airlines almost daily just to make sure nothing has changed. Our United flights on Aug 2nd have changed almost every week, the last being last Thursday and not once were we notified by either the airline or FE about the changes.

We all need to take some responsibility for our travel and be ever diligent. I have seen way too many posts in social media about people finding out the day of or just days before they travel that their flights have changed, been canceled or never ticketed.

• Like 1