Port Shopping changes

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Of course they denied it because it’s a total sham!  If one likes that junk just buy it and enjoy, end of story.

Yep - that's what we did.  It was just a souvenir for our granddaughter, and not expected to be anything incredibly valuable.  I only had it appraised because the local jeweler we deal with included it in a periodic batch appraisal of all of our jewelry to keep our insurance up to date.  It just confirmed what I had always assumed, that these touristy shops the cruise lines promote are selling cheap junk.  But sometimes cheap junk makes a good souvenir. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BND said:

Well, honestly, St. Croix doesn't really have much in the way of shopping.  It's not like other ports at all.  It's really a beach/dive port.    We've been there twice and the only shopping we did was at the little market set up at the port by locals with souvenirs.  I bought a magnet and a shot glass lol.

It was our first time for this port and just kinda wanted to see a map. Once there I agree not like other ports. We felt Bonaire was the same...but did buy a beautiful hand made leather bracelet from the local craft market.

20 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Can’t believe anyone goes to these shopping talks.  

We did on our first cruise. Thought it would be interesting. Walked out about half way through and never again. Like others said they’re a waste of time and nothing but a sales pitch.

21 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Can’t believe anyone goes to these shopping talks.  

it’s like going to an airport seminar about best shops in the terminals

I do wish they’d do a real shopping thing where they could recommend shops that aren’t in the port area and don’t pay to be included. Not cariloha/del sol/diamonds international/tanzanite international/etc

Edited by hotsauce126