Celebrity website chat help

clojacks

Has Celebrity removed the chat feature from their website? you used to be able to initiate a chat for help with questions, bookings, etc through the captains Club page, but I don't see a pop up box for going through chat anymore? Has Celebrity switched everything to phone based?

23 minutes ago, clojacks said:

I've got 2 windows open with Celebrity right now, and neither shows a chat popup at the bottom. What a shock that there is no rhyme or reason to how Celebrity's website functions...

It just popped up for me. It makes pretty solid sense. If there isn't a rep available it temporarily disables it. Otherwise the gripe would be that no one is there to answer the chat. 

15 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It just popped up for me. It makes pretty solid sense. If there isn't a rep available it temporarily disables it. Otherwise the gripe would be that no one is there to answer the chat. 

I'd have to disagree on whether it makes solid sense or not. 99% of chat options appear to show you are "#x in queue" for a chat agent, so you have the option of hanging in there if you want, or try back later. To me, it gives the appearance of not be functioning there isn't at least a chat pop up that says "available from 7-9" or something like that.

18 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

To add to my previous post, I have had a Celebrity window open all morning, and have not seen the little blue chat box once. So, to use your reasoning, shouldn't I have seen it when the chat agent disconnected with someone?

And...I just opened a Captains Club link from an email I received 2 minutes ago and the chat box popped up on that window and put me 8 in queue. But the original window I still have open shows nothing. What a dumb system....

11 minutes ago, clojacks said:

I'd have to disagree on whether it makes solid sense or not. 99% of chat options appear to show you are "#x in queue" for a chat agent, so you have the option of hanging in there if you want, or try back later. To me, it gives the appearance of not be functioning there isn't at least a chat pop up that says "available from 7-9" or something like that.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 9.59.56 AM.png

If the wait time or queue gets too long, it disables it so you don't sit there and wait and wait. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 9.59.56 AM.png

If the wait time or queue gets too long, it disables it so you don't sit there and wait and wait. 

Yes...I have that on one window that opened on a fresh link, but on another window that has been open, I NEVER even got an option in the bottom right to chat. 

1 minute ago, clojacks said:

Not a first world problem, but it seems like the inconsistency could be better managed, but, again, it is Celebrity, and it is an IT issue....

Just got this reply from chat....

Our chat window pops up in certain areas on the webpage, sometimes we do close down chat (which we did earlier this morning) which is why we do not always appear on our webpage

2 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Just got this reply from chat....

Our chat window pops up in certain areas on the webpage, sometimes we do close down chat (which we did earlier this morning) which is why we do not always appear on our webpage

...and I suggested this....

If I can make a recommendation Michelle...I would suggest keeping your chat box open, with a "Maintenance" or "Hours available" type message. Not having anything visible, makes it appear like your chat has been removed as an option.

59 minutes ago, clojacks said:

My point is, there doesn't seem to be any uniformity to whether a chat window shows up as an option or not. Sometimes 1 open, sometimes they don't....

agree with that- the agent has been very helpful with price adjustments when the chat is available but there does not seem to be rhyme or reason (ie time of day ) as to when open - have seen it mid day and evening but not usually early mornings when call volume might be lower...

It is still available.  They will pop up depending on time of day and the number of agents logged in to accept messages.   I use to be one of those pop up responders as a beta tester for a service they eventually dropped.   

If things seem slow it is helpful to understand the agents often have 3-4 conversations going simultaneously.     I'm sure the staffing shortages also affect how many pop ups that will be avaialble.