Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

35 minutes ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

Just got an email with promo code WCS23 on World Cruises. Here's the link for more info that was included: https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/WCS23/20230224.html 

Thanks!

Wonder if it includes the usual perks?  No mention and since it says Free Business Class UPGRADE, I'm thinking maybe not.  

Also interesting that they the ad says complimentary stateroom upgrade but only accommodations available on the "dates and pricing" page are Verandas and Suites.  When I click on the "price and build" I get a spinning wheel so can't find out what is really available.  

Oh well it's a pipe dream at the moment anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks!

Wonder if it includes the usual perks?  No mention and since it says Free Business Class UPGRADE, I'm thinking maybe not.  

Also interesting that they the ad says complimentary stateroom upgrade but only accommodations available on the "dates and pricing" page are Verandas and Suites.  When I click on the "price and build" I get a spinning wheel so can't find out what is really available.  

I didn't even try the "price and build" but did see it was very limited on what seemed to be available - as you'd expect at this late date. It is a pipe dream for me, too, at this point. I suspect all the early booking perks are gone though. 

Priced out the offer on a cruise we had booked last end of March on that sale.  The "new" sale price + offers was all told, $500 more.  Will stay with what we have.   

No doubt the sale depends on the number of open cabins.  Systems are so sophisticated these days they can target specific categories and itineraries differently.

45 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks!

I priced it out, It's a class upgrade, DV1-V2 same price. Includes Business Class.

Special Offer on Viking World Cruises

Explore Our 2023-2024 World Cruise

VIKING WORLD CRUISE SALE

FREE Business Class Airfare &
FREE Category Upgrades
Plus, Reduced Cruise Fares

LEARN MORE

EXPIRES 7/31/23

Our extraordinary World Cruises take you to iconic destinations around the globe, from Hawaii, French Polynesia and Bali to Egypt, Greece, Italy and beyond. Spend three days exploring Auckland, New Zealand's “City of Sails,” where you can speed through Hauraki Gulf on board an authentic America’s Cup racing yacht. Enjoy a Bollywood Dance performance during a two-night stay in Mumbai. And witness stunning views of the Mediterranean from atop Mt. Carmel during an overnight stay in Haifa, one of Israel’s most picturesque cities. With room for only 930 guests on board, staterooms are filling up quickly, so reserve yours today.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

28 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I priced it out, It's a class upgrade, DV1-V2 same price. Includes Business Class.

Special Offer on Viking World Cruises

Explore Our 2023-2024 World Cruise

VIKING WORLD CRUISE SALE

FREE Business Class Airfare &
FREE Category Upgrades
Plus, Reduced Cruise Fares

LEARN MORE

EXPIRES 7/31/23

Our extraordinary World Cruises take you to iconic destinations around the globe, from Hawaii, French Polynesia and Bali to Egypt, Greece, Italy and beyond. Spend three days exploring Auckland, New Zealand's “City of Sails,” where you can speed through Hauraki Gulf on board an authentic America’s Cup racing yacht. Enjoy a Bollywood Dance performance during a two-night stay in Mumbai. And witness stunning views of the Mediterranean from atop Mt. Carmel during an overnight stay in Haifa, one of Israel’s most picturesque cities. With room for only 930 guests on board, staterooms are filling up quickly, so reserve yours today.

So there are DVs available?  But it doesn't include the other usual perks? Shipboard credit, grats, etc?

17 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

So there are DVs available?  But it doesn't include the other usual perks? Shipboard credit, grats, etc?

4 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

For 2025, under dates and pricing, yes.  Does not say anything about 2024

This promo covers the Dec 2023 sailing from Florida and the Jan 2024 sailing from L.A.

DV2s are available for the price of the V2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

This promo covers the Dec 2023 sailing from Florida and the Jan 2024 sailing from L.A.

DV2s are available for the price of the V2.

silver spirits, gratuities, 1k excursion credit and 1k shipboard credit plus 1k for past viking guests is included.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today's email

Mississippi Cruises 4th of July Sale 

Promo Code: J4S

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 800‑464‑3595
contact your travel advisor

INDEPENDENCE DAY SALE

FREE Airfare* & Reduced Fares on 2023 Voyages

Ask for offer J4S • Expires July‌ 11, ‌2023

Hero

FEATURED MISSISSIPPI VOYAGES

Heart of the Delta
Heart of the Delta

New Orleans to Memphis

ASK FOR OFFER: J4S

DAYS

TOURS

LEARN MORE
New Orleans & Southern Charms
New Orleans & Southern Charms

New Orleans to New Orleans

ASK FOR OFFER: J4S

DAYS

TOURS

LEARN MORE

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hersheyhughes said:

No, I've had the same issue and just checked and still do. But others haven't had the issue.  I'm trying from my iPhone so perhaps I should try a different device🤔

👏This is such a great thread! Thank you all so much for posting the codes you are getting.. I seem to not be receiving most of them by email or snailmail.👏

I have been looking into a Mississippi cruise in December and the code just posted does bring it down a little.  However.. I looked at the reviews.. yikes.🫣

40 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

I have been looking into a Mississippi cruise in December and the code just posted does bring it down a little.  However.. I looked at the reviews.. yikes.🫣

Us, too and you're right ... not the greatest, are they?  And they're not inexpensive either. 🙁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Us, too and you're right ... not the greatest, are they?  And they're not inexpensive either. 🙁

With so many other itineraries available, the Mississippi seems to me to be one of the least desirable, especially at this price. 
I wonder who the target audience is? Americans without passports and/or the non-American market?

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

With so many other itineraries available, the Mississippi seems to me to be one of the least desirable, especially at this price. 
I wonder who the target audience is? Americans without passports and/or the non-American market?

I’ve looked at these itineraries on other lines long before Viking entered the US market. They are all pricey, IMO. I just did a quick comparison of the NO to Memphis trip on Viking vs. American Queen for early Dec 2023. AQ has smaller cabins at the entry level than V, so a lower entry price for the lowest level cabins. To compare similar size cabins to Viking’s lowest priced cabin, the price is pretty close to the same. 

My understanding is that US labor laws require paying staff more than they’d make say on an EU River Cruise. Thus, the high prices relative to River cruises in the rest of the world. Probably some other factors, too! 

Market is probably what you indicated as well as those for whom $$$ don’t matter quite as much. 

Edited by BluebonnetTexan
Added comment
  • Like 1

I remember getting a Viking survey about the potential Mississippi River cruises and what I would think of them and book them. I expressed interest until the last question when they listed the price point and I responded I would be interested at half that price!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 7 day Mississippi (round trip NOLA) ones I was looking at in December were slightly less than the 7 day Med ones in the winter and the airfare was much cheaper than Europe.  We are taking the "Passage to Eastern Europe" in October/November and I thought a shorter flight would be a nice change since we can only go away for a week-ish at a time. 

Reading the reviews made me think twice about it though..

With a great promo I might be tempted.🙃

I can usually make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and I'm up for the challenge.🤗

2 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I've been on three American Queen boats on various rivers and I would not ever even look at Viking for a river cruise.  American river cruising is about enjoying small towns and having a laid back vacation reflecting a simpler time.   It's about dropping the boarding ramp in the middle of a park and being able to wander around without having to plan shore excursions.  One look at that river boat and it just doesn't fit that model.  I'd gladly board it for my next cruise someplace else, just not on an American river.

• Like 1

Iconic Western Med - Dec '23, Jan '24, February '24.

Ancient Med Treasures - Oct '23, Jan '24.

Cities of Antiquity and The Holy Land - Nov '23, Dec '24.

Journey to Antiquities - Dec '23, Jan '24.

Greek Odyssey - Dec '23.

Western Med Explorer - Nov '23.