Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

Yes, it quite clearly shows on the confirmation what you would owe should you cancel once you've put a deposit on something. So for example, if we would have gone forward with B2B 8 night and 28 night bookings, the deposit would have been $25pp per segment but the penalty for cancelling outside of 120 days would be $100pp per segment (because the "regular" deposit would have been $100pp per segment).  And had we booked it as one cruise for 36 nights, the deposit was still $25pp but the penalty for cancelling outside of 180 days would have been $1,000pp (because the "regular" deposit would have been $1,000pp).  

If you put down a deposit, you are agreeing to the T&C's, including penalties.

Edited by zelker

Saw one of cruises listed in the new STS23 promo is my upcoming 33 night Grand Polynesia & Hawaii sailing.  They must be having trouble filling the ship as all the DV's previously priced at $11K then reduced to $7K+ are now down to $5K+.  Great value!!!  My PV2 which I originally considered at $17k but fortunately waited and booked at a lower price and later cancelled and rebooked lower still is now $10k.  Wondering if I should ever book early again.

Edited by Baron Barracuda
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Saw one of cruises listed in the new STS23 promo is my upcoming 33 night Grand Polynesia & Hawaii sailing.  They must be having trouble filling the ship as all the DV's previously priced at $11K then reduced to $7K+ are now down to $5K+.  Great value!!!  My PV2 which I originally considered at $17k but fortunately waited and booked at a lower price and later cancelled and rebooked lower still is now $10k.  Wondering if I should ever book early again.

Only book the popular cruises early and wait til the last minute on the unpopular ones.  And keep your crystal ball carefully guarded!

seriously, it is like seeing plane fares or hotels fall after you buy.  Or even stock prices.  You make your best guess and go with it.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

@Baron Barracuda

Am considering the 10 November 23 voyage.  Excellent offer.  From looking at cabin availability, can see that some DV's are near lifts and stairs.  These are the cabins that go on sale, but are also offered when bookings open.  Have been near stairs, and were very quiet.

Close in booking seems to be a good deal. 

Saw this on a friend's HAL PC cruise 22 October 23, 21 nights, that I was also considering.  Price on Monday was $500pp lower than when I  got a quote on prior Friday.  Also included free grats as a HAL promo which was soon to expire.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Teryle said:

What is a HAL promo?

HAL... Holland America Line

Promo... promotion... was free grats on select cruises, to stimulate or encourage pax to book.  Was on HAL website when I was checking prices.  Had an expiration date for free grats.

8 hours ago, zelker said:

If you put down a deposit, you are agreeing to the T&C's, including penalties.

You are quite correct in your reading of the pax agreement. However, as noted in @Squawkman's post at #950 (and others I referenced), Viking appears to forego chasing the difference. I don't find that surprising, as it would not be worth either the effort or ill will generated to attempt to collect $75 from pax who cancel - and I suspect this would apply to even the $975 penalty.

That said, if they have more than $25 of your money at cancellation, either through a PIF date earlier than the 120/180 days or a larger deposit - they won't hesitate to withhold the penalty in accordance with the agreement - which is completely fair. 🍺🥌

Today’s email 

Promo MT9

AMERICA’S RIVER SALE

Vikig ship in water

How will you explore the Mississippi?

Whether you choose to embark on our new, 22-day Grand Mississippi Voyage from New Orleans to St. Paul or sail a shorter segment of this mighty waterway, you can discover the cultural treasures of one of America’s most vibrant regions when you join us on board the elegant Viking Mississippi. On an included or optional excursion, enjoy mouthwatering Creole cuisine in Baton Rouge, tour legendary Sun Studio in Memphis or visit Mark Twain’s childhood home with its iconic white picket fence in Missouri. Reserve your preferred stateroom with a $25 deposit and receive FREE airfare and more on an unforgettable journey through America’s heartland.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED MISSISSIPPI VOYAGES

Heart of the Delta

Heart of the Delta

12 DAYS | New Orleans to Memphis

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $25 Deposit
On Feb–Jun & Nov 2024 Departures
ASK FOR OFFER: MT9

Learn how to make Louisiana-style seafood gumbo at a cooking demonstration in Darrow and explore Elvis Presley’s opulent Graceland estate in Memphis. 

America’s Heartland

America’s Heartland

12 DAYS | St. Louis to Twin Cities

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $25 Deposit
On Aug & Sep 2024 Departures

Tour the real-life “Field of Dreams,” made famous by the classic film, in Iowa and sample cider at artisanal Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery in Wisconsin.

New Orleans & Southern Charms

New Orleans & Southern Charms

8 DAYS | New Orleans to New Orleans

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $25 Deposit
On Nov–Dec 2024 Departures

Take a walking tour of the famous French Quarter in New Orleans and enjoy a classic Southern cocktail at the Monmouth Inn in Natchez, the oldest city on the Mississippi.

Grand Mississippi Voyage

NEW ITINERARY

Grand Mississippi Voyage

22 DAYS | New Orleans to St. Paul

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $25 Deposit
On Jun–Jul & Sep 2024 Departures

Discover Vicksburg, site of the Civil War’s most pivotal battle, in Mississippi and delve into music history at the Memphis Rock ‘N’ Soul Museum in Tennessee.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:52 PM, CurlerRob said:

Quite frankly, I would not lose sleep over the thought of being pursued for $75 or even $925 - at minimum, the optics for Viking would be awful. 🍺🥌

If you failed to live up to the agreed upon terms, i suppose you would have to give up travelling with Viking.

Certainly Viking is unlikely to pursue anybody in this position, but quite rightly if you ever wish to travel on Viking again you might find Viking less than receptive. 

• Like 3

STA23 is back!

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 844‑682‑0762
or contact your travel advisor

Enjoy leisurely days at sea

hero.jpg

FREE International Airfare
& Reduced Fares

ASK FOR OFFER: STA23

LEARN MORE

Join us this autumn for an unforgettable voyage across the Atlantic, departing from the iconic Spanish city of Barcelona. During leisurely days at sea, you can enjoy destination-focused dining, relax in The Nordic Spa and attend fascinating presentations by renowned lecturers and Viking Resident Historians. Reserve your preferred stateroom today on board one of our award-winning ocean ships and enjoy FREE airfare and reduced fares on an all-inclusive journey that takes you across the Atlantic in Viking comfort.

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

West Indies to Spain

West Indies to Spain

14 DAYS | Barcelona to San Juan

FREE International Airfare &
Reduced Fares
On Nov 3, 2023 Departure

Learn about equestrian traditions in the countryside of Spain and witness Spanish colonial architecture in Puerto Rico.

Southern Atlantic Crossing

Southern Atlantic Crossing

22 DAYS | Barcelona to Buenos Aires

Reduced Fares
On Nov 15, 2023 Departure

View the massive Hassan II Mosque in Morocco and attend a Privileged Access tango performance in Buenos Aires.

Atlantic Ocean Passage

Atlantic Ocean Passage

14 DAYS | Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale

Reduced Fares
On Nov 17, 2023 Departure

Explore an ancient cave system in Portugal and admire picturesque views during a chairlift ride in St. Martin.

WHY THE DAILY BEAST RECOMMENDS OUR REPOSITIONING VOYAGES

Toronto

Read about travel writer Tim Johnson’s experience on the Viking Sea when he joined us for a unique voyage—a transatlantic journey to reposition a ship from the Caribbean to the Mediterranean. Crossing the entire Atlantic Ocean "is still a big deal," he writes in The Daily Beast, and repositioning itineraries are "a particular type of voyage beloved by veteran cruisers." Johnson says days at sea are filled with enrichment and relaxation on a Viking ship, from fascinating lectures and stunning onboard art to award-winning dining and a soothing spa. Click below to read more about Johnson’s experiences sailing the Atlantic with us.

READ ARTICLE

FEATURED ON VIKING.TV

Ocean Ships: 360° Tour

Ocean Ships: 360° Tour

Join Executive Vice President Karine Hagen for an inside peek at our elegant ocean ships, which are thoughtfully designed for comfort and enrichment.

WATCH NOW ON VIKING.TV
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

Offer STA23: Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 6 to Oct 31, 2023. FREE international airfare plus special fares valid on Nov 3, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain; Nov 15, 2023 departure of Southern Atlantic Crossing; Nov 17, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 31, 2023. Pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Oct 31, 2023.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

Working on booking "In Search of the Northern Lights" for March 2024.

STA23 didn't work

STS23 included air, but since we are overnighting in London, it was not beneficial.

@HUNKY Could you pay a flight deviation fee to fly in one day early?  Maybe it would still be a “deal” with free airfare.

Edited by Ktwofish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HUNKY said:

Working on booking "In Search of the Northern Lights" for March 2024.

STA23 didn't work

STS23 included air, but since we are overnighting in London, it was not beneficial.

STA23 promo is for the transatlantic crossing cruises.

In Search of the Northern Lights is a popular cruise, I doubt you will see any promos for it unless it is under booked and closer to departure dates or 2+ years out.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

11 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

STA23 promo is for the transatlantic crossing cruises.

In Search of the Northern Lights is a popular cruise, I doubt you will see any promos for it unless it is under booked and closer to departure dates or 2+ years out.

STS23 is included in large enough print on that itinerary and automatically applied when I checked the price and build.

That being said, it may only include free air. Who knows.

Edited by Mike07

1 hour ago, Mike07 said:

STS23 is included in large enough print on that itinerary and automatically applied when I checked the price and build.

That being said, it may only include free air. Who knows.

STS23 is valid for this cruise only for 1st quarter 2024 sailings. If you price and build the cruise you’ll see a star next to the sailings that it covers. 

IMG_4414.thumb.jpeg.ef286e7b036ae4125a5a4dc674535cf8.jpeg

You can see the difference if you remove the promo code:

IMG_4416.thumb.jpeg.d22b4b104d1ef13271c52b1064907f2e.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

ECU23 is making a repeat appearance as well.

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 844‑675‑0421

Discover the majesty of the Great Lakes

temp_hero.jpg
FREE Roundtrip Airfare &  
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
ASK FOR OFFER: ECU23
LEARN MORE

The magnificent Great Lakes region, with 11,000 miles of diverse coastline featuring iconic landmarks as well as breathtaking natural wonders, is best explored by ship. Join us on board one of our state-of-the-art expedition vessels and you can experience the power of thundering Niagara Falls, admire the art deco skyscrapers along Detroit’s bustling waterfront and explore Lake Superior’s hidden sea caves by kayak. For a limited time, enjoy FREE roundtrip airfare, a FREE stateroom upgrade and more when you book a voyage to one of North America’s most fascinating destinations.

FEATURED VOYAGES

Niagara and the Great Lakes

Niagara & the Great Lakes

8 DAYS | Toronto to Milwaukee

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On Select Apr–Jun 2024 Departures
ASK FOR OFFER: ECU23

Bird-watch at a migration hotspot in Ontario’s Point Pelee National Park and admire paintings by Wisconsin native Georgia O’Keeffe at the Milwaukee Art Museum.

Canada and the Atlantic Coastline

Canada & the Atlantic Coastline

16 DAYS | Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On Apr 2 & 10, 2024 Departures

Witness the unspoiled rolling hills and rugged coastline of Nova Scotia and learn about Norfolk’s maritime heritage in Virginia.

Canadian Discovery

Canadian Discovery

13 DAYS | New York City to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On Apr 17 & 29, 2024 Departures

Take a panoramic bike ride around the village of Cap-aux-Meules in Quebec and enjoy a mouthwatering lobster boil in Nova Scotia.

Great Lakes Collection

ALL 5 GREAT LAKES

Great Lakes Collection

15 DAYS | Duluth to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On May 23 & Jun 6, 2024 Departures

Explore Michigan’s car-free Mackinac Island by horse-drawn carriage and kayak along Thunder Bay’s serene coastline on a voyage across all five Great Lakes.

Undiscovered Great Lakes

Undiscovered Great Lakes

8 DAYS | Thunder Bay to Milwaukee

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On Jun 8, 2024 Departure

Hike through Thunder Bay’s boreal forests and sample local beer in Duluth, a city with a brewing heritage that dates back to the late 1880s.

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Chicago
Chicago

Admire the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright and tour the famed Art Institute of Chicago when you extend your Undiscovered Great Lakes voyage with two extra nights in the “Windy City.”

LEARN MORE

FEATURED ON VIKING.TV

Get Acquainted with the Great Lakes
Get Acquainted with the Great Lakes

Learn about the Great Lakes from award-winning writer Russell Lee during his insightful presentation “The Story of Highway H2O: From the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean.”

WATCH NOW ON VIKING.TV
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

Offer ECU23: Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 10 to Oct 31, 2023. FREE stateroom upgrade within category, Nordic Balcony to Deluxe Nordic Balcony (N2-DN1), plus FREE roundtrip airfare and special fares valid on select Apr-June 2024 departures of Niagara & the Great Lakes; Apr 2 & 10, 2024 departures of Canada & the Atlantic Coastline; Apr 17 & 29, 2024 departures of Canadian Discovery; May 23 & Jun 6, 2024 departures of Great Lakes Collection; Jun 8, 2024 departure of Undiscovered Great Lakes. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 31, 2023. Pay in full by Oct 31, 2023 or at time of booking if within 120 days of departure. Offer expires Oct 31, 2023.

• Thanks 1

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 866‑730‑2765

6 DAYS ONLY

All-Inclusive Voyages from $2,499*
Plus, FREE International Airfare

Vikig ship in water
CHECK AVAILABILITY

ASK FOR OFFER: FLS

ENDS OCT 18, 2023

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Treasures of the Rhine

NEW ITINERARY

Treasures of the Rhine

Basel to Amsterdam

Plus, Reduced Fares

Departures: Jan 2024

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$2,499*

FROM

Cities of Light

Cities of Light

Paris to Prague

Plus, Reduced Fares

Departures: Nov 2023

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$3,299*

FROM

Christmas on the Rhine & Moselle
Christmas on the Rhine & Moselle

Paris to Zürich

Plus, Reduced Fares

Departures: Dec 2023

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$3,799*

FROM

Christmas on the Main & Moselle
Christmas on the Main & Moselle

Paris to Prague

Plus, Reduced Fares

Departures: Dec 2023

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$3,299*

FROM

Paris to the Swiss Alps
Paris to the Swiss Alps

Paris to Zürich

Plus, Reduced Fares

Departures: Nov 2023

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$3,599*

FROM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this in my email. Not sure if it's new. 🤷‍♀️

LIMITED-TIME OFFER

Reduced Airfare | FREE Beverage Package | Special Fares

Viking Cruises

Explore more on an extended itinerary

LEARN MORE

ASK FOR OFFER: WSS23

Observe wallabies and kangaroos on Australia’s Phillip Island, renowned for its abundance of wildlife. Admire the flowers of Singapore’s stunning National Orchid Garden. Or discover the Old Town of Rhodes—Europe’s largest active medieval town—in Greece. Join us on an extended Grand Voyage in 2024 and you can spend more time discovering your destinations and enjoying the serene Scandinavian spaces on board one of our award-winning ocean ships. Reserve your stateroom today to take advantage of special, limited-time savings, including reduced international airfare and a FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package.

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Grand South Pacific & Australia

Grand South Pacific & Australia

40 DAYS | Los Angeles to Sydney

Reduced International Airfare &
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package
Plus, Special Fares

On Jan 6, 2024 Departure
ASK FOR OFFER: WSS23

Observe Bora Bora’s undersea world from a glass-bottom boat and raise a glass as you cross the International Date Line en route to New Zealand’s stunning Bay of Islands.

Jewels of Australia & Asia

Jewels of Australia & Asia

28 DAYS | Sydney to Singapore

Plus, Special Fares

On Feb 15, 2024 Departure

Explore Australia’s breathtaking Blue Mountains, visit Komodo National Park and enjoy a fascinating glimpse of life along Vietnam’s Mekong Delta.

Asia to Europe Grand Passage

Asia to Europe Grand Passage

55 DAYS | Singapore to London

Plus, Special Fares

On Mar 13, 2024 Departure

Discover the secrets of Sri Lanka’s delicious cuisine, admire Istanbul’s Byzantine treasures and experience the allure of Paris on this captivating voyage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, millybess said:

I wonder if these are being sold as segments on the World Cruise.

Yes, they went on sale several weeks ago but without any of the benefits. From what I can see (we are booked on the World Journey-LA to London) it doesn't look like many folks are booking. 

• Like 3

On 10/25/2023 at 5:46 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Yes, they went on sale several weeks ago but without any of the benefits. From what I can see (we are booked on the World Journey-LA to London) it doesn't look like many folks are booking. 

It's a shame since we don't drink.  It'd be nice if they would turn at least part of the SSBP benefit cost into SBC or discount on the fare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This came in today but I think it might be a repeat. 🤷‍♀️

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 866-730-2765

EXPLORERS’ SALE

Up to FREE Airfare  |  Special Fares  |  $25 Deposit

Europe
 A taste of Europe

Sampling local cuisine is a delightful way to experience the culture of your destination. In The Netherlands, sample world-famous Dutch cheeses at a farm in Kinderdijk. In Germany, sip a refreshing Kölsch, a crisp beer brewed only in Cologne, at a lively brauhaus. Or learn how to make tasty apricot dumplings in Austria at the magnificent Göttweig Abbey. When you join us on a river voyage, our included and optional excursions help you discover Europe’s culinary traditions in a memorable way. Book today and look forward to a voyage worth savoring.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Rhine Getaway

Rhine Getaway

Amsterdam to Basel

$25 Deposit &
Reduced International Airfare

Departures: Mar–Nov 2024

DAYS

TOURS

$2,199*

FROM