Can you get future cruise credits back from a TA?

I booked a cruise with a travel agency.  We cancelled it, under cruise with confidence.  I was told today by RC that all our FCC from that cancellation went to the travel agent.  Do i have to use them again, I was very unhappy with the experience and want to book on my own from now on.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

The travel agent at the time of booking are the conduit to get notification of the FCC and it's ID number.  Call the travel agency, tell them you need that information for your records, that you are still looking and not ready to book again yet.  Thank you, goodbye, and call RCCL to book after you get the FCC number.  

RCCL will see the whole booking history when they look up the FCC.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pcur said:

The travel agent at the time of booking are the conduit to get notification of the FCC and it's ID number.  Call the travel agency, tell them you need that information for your records, that you are still looking and not ready to book again yet.  Thank you, goodbye, and call RCCL to book after you get the FCC number.  

RCCL will see the whole booking history when they look up the FCC.

You dont even need to do that.  All you need is the reservation number the fcc was issued from and the agents at Royal can look it up.  Most actually prefer accessing it through the reservation number as opposed to the fcc number anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Biker19, pcur, smokeybandit, and Ourusualbeach.  Unfortunately it was a Royal agent who told me I had to contact the travel agency to get my FCC!   I am so confused... most of the trip was even paid for with credit card reward points that had nothing to do with the travel agent at all.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You dont even need to do that.  All you need is the reservation number the fcc was issued from and the agents at Royal can look it up.  Most actually prefer accessing it through the reservation number as opposed to the fcc number anyway. 

We had to have the FCC number when we reschuled through RC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Levi is good said:

Thank you Biker19, pcur, smokeybandit, and Ourusualbeach.  Unfortunately it was a Royal agent who told me I had to contact the travel agency to get my FCC!   I am so confused... most of the trip was even paid for with credit card reward points that had nothing to do with the travel agent at all.

We had to do the same thing.  It wasn't a big deal though.  She was glad to give us the numbers, then we called RC and rescheduled 

• Like 1

Yes, because the travel agent is already associated with the booking, RCCL won't talk to the passenger.  That's why the FCC number needs to be obtained from the agent.  Then, you're clear to go to RCCL for a new booking.

• Like 1