Problem trying to book excursions

oskidunker

Was going to use The American express rebate deal. Two problems. 

wife wants one excursion in same port I want a different one.  It wont let me do it and wont move the second one in to the cart

second problem. It wants to use onboard credit instead of letting me use American express card. 

must I call or is there a way around this. 

I found a way to stop it from using onboard credit. But it refuses to let my wife pick a different excursion than me if they occur at the same time. Says “Available” but wont book. I guess I will call tomorrow

9 hours ago, oskidunker said:

I found a way to stop it from using onboard credit. But it refuses to let my wife pick a different excursion than me if they occur at the same time. Says “Available” but wont book. I guess I will call tomorrow

Normally the Cart will let you book one individual tour per person on the same day. We always do a mock booking to double check our own spreadsheet math and the only main thing the Cart will not let you do is book two tours for any person on the same day. So, if you want a morning and evening tour on any one day, you’ve got to call O to do it. Same thing goes for cancelling tours and opting to pay for them only with your CC and not your aI issued SBC.

But the Cart often does glitch and it really is always best to call O and purchase tours with their phone rep (it also helps to have a regular O phone rep for cruise bookings that cannot be done as a “book onboard” (even though in each case we always then transfer bookings to our TA)). That good O phone rep is more important than ever with so many port changes/tour cancellations currently happening. Also, remember that the web tours list and the O accounting system lists don’t always jive (different departments). Literally, “one hand does not know what the other is doing.”

FWIW: Get a copy of the current ShoreExcursions PDF for planning and get a copy of the PrePurchased Shore Excursions PDF when you make your phone call tours purchase. This math doc is absolutely essential once onboard for reference when O Life tours may be cancelled and you want to double check if the correct next eligible booked tour replaces it. Onboard changes to your tours account are done manually and destination services folks can sometimes make errors. 

On our current last two segments of the ATW cruise, we’ve had all sorts of itinerary/tour changes and a recent onboard account printout showed a couple of errors easily pointed out thanks to the pre-purchased tours PDF. Of course, you could also contact your TA to straighten it out. But, in real practice, that could take time/effort/uncertainty of “multiple players” easily avoidable by having the PDF and spending 5 minutes at the Destination Services desk.

15 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Was going to use The American express rebate deal. Two problems. 

wife wants one excursion in same port I want a different one.  It wont let me do it and wont move the second one in to the cart

second problem. It wants to use onboard credit instead of letting me use American express card. 

must I call or is there a way around this. 

What I would do is purchase OBC in the amount needed to get the rebate with the Amex card, if my final was paid, if not I'd just pay that amount towards my cruise. 

I called and got it done. Actually the girl I spoke to said by buying the two more excursions the rest would be discounted. So I did that but only $400 was then due to AE so i added  $400 on board credit to make the $800. The excursions have posted but not the  onboard credit. Perhaps this will take a while longer, maybe until Th credit charge goes from pending to charged. Anyone bought on board credit who might know how long it takes to post?

11 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I called and got it done. Actually the girl I spoke to said by buying the two more excursions the rest would be discounted. So I did that but only $400 was then due to AE so i added  $400 on board credit to make the $800. The excursions have posted but not the  onboard credit. Perhaps this will take a while longer, maybe until Th credit charge goes from pending to charged. Anyone bought on board credit who might know how long it takes to post?

Not all SBC appears on your account. O Life and O Club non-refundable SBC will appear. TA provided and gifted SBC does not. I’m thinking purchased SBC is treated like a gift (albeit to yourself).