Agency sold, booking being transferred to Princess?

phabric

My CDN travel agency,  I have used for the past 9 yrs has been sold.  The owner told me my March 2023 and Nov 2023 and my friend’s Nov 2023 are being transferred to Princess and I will be the contact person for all 3 bookings. The bookings would have the same booking numbers and everything would be the same.  He is suppose to let me know when it has been done.

On my Nov 2023 bookings, I noticed yesterday, from Princess website that my 2 side by side cabins (which I had picked for the size) were available for anybody to book.  Today, I looked and one cabin has been taken.  I did a Live Chat and the bookings are still listed with the agency and they won’t talk to me.  The owner is no longer interested in dealing with it.

Should I wait until they have been transferred over before calling Princess?

For my Nov 2023 booking, I have $500 OBC (from a promo) and $85 OBC (from agency) for the cabin.  The category is a BD balcony.  I noticed a BE category is a little $ cheaper with a bigger balcony size.

If I decide to change from a BD to a BE, would I loose all my OBC’s?

1 hour ago, phabric said:

My CDN travel agency,  I have used for the past 9 yrs has been sold.  The owner told me my March 2023 and Nov 2023 and my friend’s Nov 2023 are being transferred to Princess and I will be the contact person for all 3 bookings. The bookings would have the same booking numbers and everything would be the same.  He is suppose to let me know when it has been done.

On my Nov 2023 bookings, I noticed yesterday, from Princess website that my 2 side by side cabins (which I had picked for the size) were available for anybody to book.  Today, I looked and one cabin has been taken.  I did a Live Chat and the bookings are still listed with the agency and they won’t talk to me.  The owner is no longer interested in dealing with it.

Should I wait until they have been transferred over before calling Princess?

For my Nov 2023 booking, I have $500 OBC (from a promo) and $85 OBC (from agency) for the cabin.  The category is a BD balcony.  I noticed a BE category is a little $ cheaper with a bigger balcony size.

If I decide to change from a BD to a BE, would I loose all my OBC’s?

Your cabin should not show available. If your bookings are intact, then those cabins should not show open.

When did the agency close?  Do they show open or closed on their website?

If that agency is closed, and they did not

transfer your bookings, then I would call and escalate to a supervisor.  Tell them the agency is closed and they no longer can deal with you.  PCL could easily verify this.  The agency only needs to notate the record to release to PCL and queue it over to PCL for handling.

The big question…has that Agency closed yet?  You said they sold. Is it under a new name?

If they are still open, then you have to wait for them to release.

As far as TA OBC, I highly doubt you will see that since they are closed.

The promo?  A PCL promo?  Changing categories could definitely change

your OBC.  Depends on what kind of promo you had.  PCL would have to tell you.  I probably would ask online for a CVP at PCL to take this over once it has been transferred.

I would also call into PCL instead of chat on this one to see what is going on. JMO

You can also fill out a transfer form yourself, like the one that you used to transfer the booking TO Princess, and transfer it FROM the agency. Explain that the agency is being sold.

Thanks for the helpful information.   I will contact them.

They had 3 franchises not sure if all have sold yet or in the process of selling.  I was dealing with owner. They were in business for 15 years and not having an income over 2 yrs decided it was time to sell.

Edited by phabric

19 minutes ago, phabric said:

Thanks for the helpful information.   I will contact them.

They had 3 franchises not sure if all have sold yet or in the process of selling.  I was dealing with owner. They were in business for 15 years and not having an income over 2 yrs decided it was time to sell.

Like @CineGraphicsuggested…check your reservation on the website or App and see what cabins you have confirmed.

Good luck.