check your flights

sunsetme

On 7/4/2022 at 8:34 AM, MarcsSharon said:

I am in same situation..flight canceled but same exact flight still shown..only triple the price. I have spoke with ezair twice and each time told it will work out in 3 to 5 business days. I do have printout with original price. My final payment is due on July 22, without flight info worked out I will be forced to cancel cruise. No way I’m paying $800 plus for one way from Florida to Quebec:(

When you say your flight was cancelled, do you mean cancelled by the airline? If so, EZAir well rebook you on another flight, but it will take a while. With so many changes by the airlines, EZAir concentrates on departures in the next couple of weeks. Does the cancelled flight still appear in your Personalizer? If so, you're good to go. Don't touch it. Your price is guaranteed.

It was 3 months after American cancelled our return flight before EZAir booked us on another one. Final payment happened in between. The cancelled flight still showed in the Personalizer until they booked a new flight.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, hapster85 said:

When you say your flight was cancelled, do you mean cancelled by the airline? If so, EZAir well rebook you on another flight, but it will take a while. With so many changes by the airlines, EZAir concentrates on departures in the next couple of weeks. Does the cancelled flight still appear in your Personalizer? If so, you're good to go. Don't touch it. Your price is guaranteed.

It was 3 months after American cancelled our return flight before EZAir booked us on another one. Final payment happened in between. The cancelled flight still showed in the Personalizer until they booked a new flight.

Is the process the same if Delta already booked me on a new flight?  It's on the Delta app but still shows incorrectly on Princess.  I need transportation from the airport to the ship, will Princess pick up on the new flight?

On 7/4/2022 at 8:34 AM, MarcsSharon said:

I am in same situation..flight canceled but same exact flight still shown..only triple the price. I have spoke with ezair twice and each time told it will work out in 3 to 5 business days. I do have printout with original price. My final payment is due on July 22, without flight info worked out I will be forced to cancel cruise. No way I’m paying $800 plus for one way from Florida to Quebec:(

Up date..yesterday my original flight showed up at the original price and I was able to pick seats…whew. Also got copy of email sent to Princess to credit my trip with $/250 stock credit aaaannnd, I got my credit for the doomed Crown cruise. Good day in regards to all things Princess.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, suekel said:

Is the process the same if Delta already booked me on a new flight?  It's on the Delta app but still shows incorrectly on Princess.  I need transportation from the airport to the ship, will Princess pick up on the new flight?

If your new Delta flight time is compatible with your cruise, it will eventually show up on your Personalizer. If not, EZAir will fix it.

In our case, after the original American flight was cancelled, American no longer had anything with a workable departure time. We were subsequently rescheduled on United. Admittedly, it was my first time using EZAir, and I wasn't exactly patient during the process. Checking the Personalizer daily. Posting here. Calling Princess. I'd probably beat little more relaxed about it now. Probably. Lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

Up date..yesterday my original flight showed up at the original price and I was able to pick seats…whew. Also got copy of email sent to Princess to credit my trip with $/250 stock credit aaaannnd, I got my credit for the doomed Crown cruise. Good day in regards to all things Princess.

That's awesome!!!

8 hours ago, hapster85 said:

My cancelled flight is no longer part of the personalizer... fingers crossed maybe some miracle will happen.

We have spent the past week on the phone with United's call center - overseas, of course. We were able to get seats on our outbound flight from Colorado to Vancouver and the charge went through. Then we tried to get seats on our return flight. The charge went through, but NO SEATS. So we called, and called, and called. We talked to United Customer Service reps, supervisors, and managers for six days and they all said they were baffled about why we and they could not get seats. So today we tried again and JOY we got a CSR named Joy!! She said let me look. It turned out the folks at EZAir booked our outgoing flight as standard economy, but the return flight as basic economy. What!?! That means we have to wait to get our seats at the airport - at midnight on a full flight. Okay. That's not going to happen.

She first said we should contact EZAir. When we all stopped laughing we asked if there was a solution. Yes, we could upgrade to standard economy for ONLY $99. Well, we did that and she gave us seat assignments at no charge. So we broke even on that, I guess.

In short, BOOK. YOUR. OWN. AIR. TRAVEL. This cruise is for our 50th Anniversary, so we refuse to let this spoil our trip.

• Like 1

Typically I always book my own travel, but with the uncertainty of covid cancellations we booked ezair for our upcoming September cruise. We booked the flights through EZAir the day they came available (about 330 days before sailing) and we've received 7 flight change notifications since booking. All because the airline (Delta) has been moving the flights around, canceling flights and changing times. It hasn't been EZAir making the changes.

Unfortunately one of the changes is on the return flight - a 3 segment flight, with the last connection now changed to only 30 minutes. At 10:30 PM.  There is no way we'll make that connection. I've already accepted that we'll be in a hotel that night. I'd try to change it but with so many crazy problems with flights these days I'm just going to go with the flow and see what happens. :) We're arriving 2 days early, and returning a day after so we're just going to relax and enjoy the journey.

Good luck ya'll.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, sunsetme said:

my flight with AA was cancelled no notice whatsoever. Be vigilant.

Thank you for posting this!    I was able to catch a BA/AA flight cancellation just after it happened, because you alerted us to watch more closely/often than usual.    I was able to move to a connecting flight (had been nonstop); got the last 2 seats available (we'd booked with points, so more restrictive than normal).      

They changed my mom's flight to another day!  EZAir said I booked it wrong but I had taken a screen shot when I booked it months earlier and Princess also had a comment in red that the date had been changed.  Luckily the original flight was available so EZAir "as a favor" changed at no charge.  This was after being on hold for almost two hours.  So keep checking your flights and carefully.

52 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

They changed my mom's flight to another day!  EZAir said I booked it wrong but I had taken a screen shot when I booked it months earlier and Princess also had a comment in red that the date had been changed.  Luckily the original flight was available so EZAir "as a favor" changed at no charge.  This was after being on hold for almost two hours.  So keep checking your flights and carefully.

wow!   lucky you saw this & got it fixed.

1 hour ago, worldtraveller said:

Good job!

Checked my email this morning to find yet another set of flight change notifications for October Sapphire cruise.  This time the airline had changed the flight times but kept the same flight numbers.  I think this makes 5 changes for DD and mine, and 3 changes for MIL. We are flying from different airports and meeting in LAX, so I tried to get our times close. Fortunately,  we are supposed to arrive before mom and leave after her. And I can be thankful that I am getting the notifications. 

• 3 weeks later...

Watch your flights for possible cancellations and schedule changes. AA announced today, they will cut more flights in November.  Other carriers have announced more possible reductions.

Just an fyi.  Look directly at your flights on the airline website to get the most up to date schedules.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Watch your flights for possible cancellations and schedule changes. AA announced today, they will cut more flights in November.  Other carriers have announced more possible reductions.

Just an fyi.  Look directly at your flights on the airline website to get the most up to date schedules.

We booked EZAir for a Seattle roundtrip. Outbound flight is on Alaska Air, and I got an odd/funny email from them this morning. They offered us $35 each in future travel credit to switch to another flight. It would take a much better offer than that to make it attractive. 

24 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

We booked EZAir for a Seattle roundtrip. Outbound flight is on Alaska Air, and I got an odd/funny email from them this morning. They offered us $35 each in future travel credit to switch to another flight. It would take a much better offer than that to make it attractive. 

Probably oversold.

• Like 1

I wonder if notification get dumped into Bulk Mail and get missed that way. We booked directly with United using miles. Our return Quebec - Newark - Sacramento had the first leg cancelled. We were notified but no suggestion for alternative flight and Newark - Sacramento was left intact. Only option was 6:05 am from Quebec. We decided to stay overnight and got 12:30 pm next day for less miles, so turned out OK.

52 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I wonder if notification get dumped into Bulk Mail and get missed that way. We booked directly with United using miles. Our return Quebec - Newark - Sacramento had the first leg cancelled. We were notified but no suggestion for alternative flight and Newark - Sacramento was left intact. Only option was 6:05 am from Quebec. We decided to stay overnight and got 12:30 pm next day for less miles, so turned out OK.

Each flight cancellation is done by flight and date. It would send out notifications to anyone holding reservations.  It is

programmatic.  If you booked through a TA they would get notified. You also would if you had opted to get notifications.  The computer program would protect you on the next available flight, if there is one available.  If not, it usually will not book you on an earlier one, due to obvious reasons.  So, most important thing….make sure you download the airline App, no matter where you booked the flight and opt in for flight notifications.  Then, you will be notified and go online and rebook yourself or call. 

Glad it worked out for you.

American Airlines has changed my flights twice now, the latest being this week.  EZAir has promptly rebooked everything for me.  This last time American eliminated one of my outbound flights to Long Beach so I decided to change to Delta.  There was an upcharge of $113pp.  I hope it was worth it.  We leave in November.

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Each flight cancellation is done by flight and date. It would send out notifications to anyone holding reservations.  It is

programmatic.  If you booked through a TA they would get notified. You also would if you had opted to get notifications.  The computer program would protect you on the next available flight, if there is one available.  If not, it usually will not book you on an earlier one, due to obvious reasons.  So, most important thing….make sure you download the airline App, no matter where you booked the flight and opt in for flight notifications.  Then, you will be notified and go online and rebook yourself or call. 

Glad it worked out for you.

The airlines do not always notify you of changes and cancellations. We had this to happen to us many times over the last couple of years with no notification whatsoever. There will usually be a notice that your flight has changed when you log into their website, but often no emails, no telephone calls, no nothing. On one occasion American changed our flight and had us departing before we even were to arrive at our connection airport. The only way I knew about that change and eventually arranged for another change of flights was to pull it up on the internet. These days you simply can't count on the airlines to actually notify you of the changes they make. Sad I know, but it is reality in todays world. I would strongly recommend you pull up your flight periodically and check your flights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwana Tom said:

The airlines do not always notify you of changes and cancellations. We had this to happen to us many times over the last couple of years with no notification whatsoever. There will usually be a notice that your flight has changed when you log into their website, but often no emails, no telephone calls, no nothing. On one occasion American changed our flight and had us departing before we even were to arrive at our connection airport. The only way I knew about that change and eventually arranged for another change of flights was to pull it up on the internet. These days you simply can't count on the airlines to actually notify you of the changes they make. Sad I know, but it is reality in todays world. I would strongly recommend you pull up your flight periodically and check your flights. 

Yes, I agree. Be proactive and check your flights, cruise details etc…often!

I gave the computer process info and how it’s supposed….to work.