Laundry on the Jade?

bookworm61

We are traveling on the Jade in the fall with a few days prior in Athens and I think there is no way around having some laundry to do at some point. What options are there on the ship other than hand-washing or paying by the item. Is there a self service laundry or a by the bag promo? 

Thanks

59 minutes ago, bookworm61 said:

We are traveling on the Jade in the fall with a few days prior in Athens and I think there is no way around having some laundry to do at some point. What options are there on the ship other than hand-washing or paying by the item. Is there a self service laundry or a by the bag promo? 

Thanks

So,,, NCL will offer a "fill-a-bag" laundry service. it is normally in the middle of the cruise (Day 4 ish). It is a 1 or 2 day turn around. 

image.png.6387c3a863b0198a4b72f91201e5ac02.png

• Like 2

We usually have the best luck doing laundry in whatever city we are in prior to boarding the ship.  We will also be in Athens for a few days before boarding, and our plan is to do a local wash and fold.  I found several near our hotel using Google (Maps).

55 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, NCL will offer a "fill-a-bag" laundry service. it is normally in the middle of the cruise (Day 4 ish). It is a 1 or 2 day turn around. 

Wow, this seems more than what I remember paying but it has been a few years.  I do remember it usually being offered early in the cruise and then at least once more, depending on # of days of the cruise.  I also remember being very satisfied with the end results.  Bring a few hangers and do your personal items while showering and hang in shower to dry. I usually bring a small woolite for this. 

4 minutes ago, Ready to Sail! said:

Wow, this seems more than what I remember paying but it has been a few years.  I do remember it usually being offered early in the cruise and then at least once more, depending on # of days of the cruise.  I also remember being very satisfied with the end results.  Bring a few hangers and do your personal items while showering and hang in shower to dry. I usually bring a small woolite for this. 

Yup. It is up $10 from pre-pandemic.

Still cheaper than Royal who limits the types of things you can put in your fill-a-bag. 

1 hour ago, Ready to Sail! said:

It was $25 for a long time.  It then got reduced, one of the few things to go down over the years to $20.  Now see it is up to $29. Across lines, it is still a pretty good price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

It was $25 for a long time.  It then got reduced, one of the few things to go down over the years to $20.  Now see it is up to $29. Across lines, it is still a pretty good price.

I do like the lines with do it yourself laundry room but otherwise NCL still our favorite. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 10:34 AM, Ready to Sail! said:

We’ll be on a B2B on the Jade in Nov which are 19 days each. Hopefully they’ll offer that special 3-4 times each leg. 🤞🤞

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Botogo said:

Trying to get to roll call on Nov 13 sailing on The Jade out of Athens. Any chance they will have a meet and mingle? Thanks 

The Roll Call for that sailing is at the link below.  Roll Calls are in the Roll Call forums, organized by cruise line and then by ship, and can then be pulled up for the month of sailing if you don’t want to scroll through all that ship’s Roll Calls. Enjoy your cruise.  

I remember once we took two kitchen tall  bags jammed full of laundry ( because we didn’t know how to pack then ) to a local laundry in Genoa and ended up with a $24 bill.  But I mean it was everything that didn’t require dry cleaning.  There may not be a place close to port in every port of call.  But it’s worth a quick google if you’ve given yourself time to plan ahead.   Of course then there’s the matter of how you get there.  Can you walk?   Or is it worth the extra 11€ Cab Fare to get it there and back.  

Did I mention, we cleaned everything?

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2022 at 9:31 AM, BirdTravels said:

If I might reawaken this laundry thread with another question. We will be on B2B 19-day cruises starting in mid-November on the Jade and were wondering if we will be limited to just submitting one bag at $29 each associated with this special? Of course, on such long cruises, it would also be nice if they offered this special on multiple days during the cruise as well.

Edited by Ken the cruiser