ArriveCAN Help

mvaldes140

I looked through the forum but couldn’t find exactly what I needed. We’re flying in the day of the cruise (I know it’s a bad idea) and I saw that I am supposed to put in the cruise ship as where I am staying, and then fill out a second form for actually embarking on the ship, but now I can’t find the address I was supposed to put in for the form and I’m still confused about the second form. Any help is appreciated and I’m going on the Grand Princess NB on July 6th

1 hour ago, mvaldes140 said:

I think this is what I'm supposed to do, but I'm not 100% sure.

1637232287_Screenshot2022-07-03at7_20_38PM.thumb.jpeg.5a95d7459df1eb460ca0792db324fe4b.jpeg

This looks like how I filled ours out back in April. That should be fine. Nobody ever asked to see it, other than Princess staff during embarkation.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a question regarding the ArriveCan aop as well.  Does anybody know if the app is required for an itinerary where Victoria is just one of the stops?

It is.

6 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

We were on the Ruby, 10 day roundtrip out of San Francisco.

We had one stop in Canada - Prince Rubert.  No Canadian authority or ship personnel checked our ArriveCan

No one

Did Princess check it when you checked in for the cruise in San Francisco?

If so, Princess may have given all the needed info to the Canadian authorities.

All the information is tied to your passport and they do not need to see it, but it does have to be filled out and submitted to Princess.  Used the app many times both for cruises and land crossings and it works the way it’s designed to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roxievegas said:

We were on the Ruby, 10 day roundtrip out of San Francisco.

We had one stop in Canada - Prince Rubert.  No Canadian authority or ship personnel checked our ArriveCan

No one

Princess has that information stored for the Canadian government.  They let you on the ship, which means you filled it out, as did every other person allowed on the ship.  

On the cruise I just got off, nobody was allowed on the ship without ArriveCAN.  Should have seen the line, trying to fill it out before boarding. 

And the complaints were

"I didn't get the email"  multiple emails were sent

"I didn't think 'I' had to do it"  everyone has to do it

"I'm not going to get off the ship"  everyone has to fill it out

"I didn't have time"  well, now you do, get it done or don't get on the ship

"I don't have internet on my phone"  better borrow someone's phone then

And more.  Those were just the one's I retained.  Fill it out, it's not hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our cabin steward asked for our confirmation code for ArriveCAN.  He had to turn it in; request was on paper from Princess.  I printed the code on the same paper and gave it to him.  We do not do smart phones; everything is paper for us.  Also had to fill out customs declaration.

We sailed from Whittier to Vancouver.  I learned that Victoria is where everyone on board ship is "entered" into Canada.  We did not get off the ship ourselves.  They do it all electronically.

That may be why Victoria debarking is delayed, until Canada gets all the paperwork for everyone cleared.

we downloaded the app to my husbands phone, I completed the form and emailed it to myself and printed it out.

I did not show it in SF

I did not show it on Ruby - the platter told you to download the app everyday and our steward asked if we had - but they did not check our paper work

We walked off the ship in Prince Rubert - walked by two "custom" "Canadian personnel" and walked around and came back - walked passed the same two guys and I asked them directly if we need to show the ArriveCan and they said no, just show us your medallian.  We did and back on the ship we went.