Any success with switching booking from Celebrity to Royal?

I’m a Diamond member. My family has a cruise on Celebrity. We will likely need to change the sailing date and contemplating switching the booking to Royal. Has anyone been successful with switching between lines without fees?

49 minutes ago, crusin okie said:

Will United let you transfer a ticket from Delta?  Probably not.  Good luck.

Not really a good analogy because Delta and United are not part of the same corporation.  That said, I don't think there is any reciprocity between Royal and Celebrity.

1 hour ago, crusin okie said:

Will United let you transfer a ticket from Delta?  Probably not.  Good luck.

This is a really poor analogy given celebrity is owned by Royal (meaning they are both part of the same corporation).   

I have a $400 non-refundable deposit with four people from Celebrity cruise I booked while on a Royal cruise. Celeb will not let me transfer, will not transfer the deposit and will not let me transfer the credit I received from booking onboard.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

I have a $400 non-refundable deposit with four people from Celebrity cruise I booked while on a Royal cruise. Celeb will not let me transfer, will not transfer the deposit and will not let me transfer the credit I received from booking onboard.

If its a non refundable deposit you can't even switch to a different sailing on Celebrity.  What makes you think you could switch it to Royal

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If its a non refundable deposit you can't even switch to a different sailing on Celebrity.  What makes you think you could switch it to Royal

Because they are both owned by the same company and I am Diamond with 15 cruises under my belt with RCL Group.

Non refundable does not always mean that despite what all of non-refundable experts say. As a consumer I have been successful many times in getting companies to make exceptions especially in cases where I continue to do business with them. So while in this case I may not be successful there are others who may have been and I was simply trying to understand other’s experiences.  

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is not correct. You are able to switch to a different sailing for a very small transfer fee. Know your facts.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

That is not correct. You are able to switch to a different sailing for a very small transfer fee. Know your facts.

I do, I suggest you learn yours. The fee is $100 per person which is the entire amount that you paid for your reduced on board deposit.

https://www.celebritycruises.ae/terms-and-conditions

• When a booking made under NRD fare is cancelled prior to the deposit penalty date, the guest will receive a “Future Cruise Credit (FCC)” certificate for an amount equal to deposit paid less a deduction of USD 100 per person (service fee). FCC is issued in the name of the guest as shown in the reservation, it is non-transferable and expires after 12 months from the cancellation date.

• A service fee of USD 100 per person will apply for a change in Ship / Sail Date of a booking made under the NRD fare and has to be paid once the changes are confirmed.

• Standard Terms & Conditions applies as soon as the bookings moves into deposit penalty.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I do, I suggest you learn yours. The fee is $100 per person which is the entire amount that you paid for your reduced on board deposit.

https://www.celebritycruises.ae/terms-and-conditions

• When a booking made under NRD fare is cancelled prior to the deposit penalty date, the guest will receive a “Future Cruise Credit (FCC)” certificate for an amount equal to deposit paid less a deduction of USD 100 per person (service fee). FCC is issued in the name of the guest as shown in the reservation, it is non-transferable and expires after 12 months from the cancellation date.

• A service fee of USD 100 per person will apply for a change in Ship / Sail Date of a booking made under the NRD fare and has to be paid once the changes are confirmed.

• Standard Terms & Conditions applies as soon as the bookings moves into deposit

“Cancel”… “switch”…. I understand you that technically different but I see the same - just a move to a different ship. In my situation the benefit to switch with celeb is that even if I lose the deposit they said I would keep my credit from booking onboard. Anyway. Decided to cancel with celeb and am working with c&a on the onboard credit transfer since I booked on RCL with Nextcruise. 

You can book a "Next Cruise" on Celebrity Cruises while onboard a Royal ship (I have done this), but once booked and the money has been paid, it can only be changed if you purchased a refundable deposit and by canceling it before the final payment date and then rebooking. Although they do have the same parent company, they are still separate corporations. Once the money is on the books of one company, it would be an an accounting nightmare to switch it to the other.

Edited by WeighAnchor
  • Like 2

No you can't and status doesn't matter.

We had a Bermuda cruise booked on X out of NJ and decided to rebook on Royal for the same time period out of Baltimore (more convenient, drivable and no hotel or transportation required).  Our TA decided to ask about transferring (we didn't ask her to) and was told no.  Even though they're both under the Royal umbrella, they are not the same company and do not share/mix funds.   We now have a FCC with X for the deposit which we may or may not use, but we saved a bit of money so we're not concerned about it.  

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WeighAnchor said:

You can book a "Next Cruise" on Celebrity Cruises while onboard a Royal ship (I have done this), but once booked and the money has been paid, it can only be changed if you purchased a refundable deposit and by canceling it before the final payment date and then rebooking. Although they do have the same parent company, they are still separate corporations. Once the money is on the books of one company, it would be an an accounting nightmare to switch it to the other.

They are not separate corporations.  They are separate subsidiaries all part of one corporation.  Big difference.  

Hello,

Just because the passenger can't do it, it doesn't stop the corporation from doing it. Some year in the early 2000s, I was bribed to move a booking from Voyager to Celebrity Century - increased OBC, upgraded cabin and free flights were offered to change. As it happened, Norovirus came as a free 'bonus'!

I can't remember how long after X sold-off the ship but it was overdue.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

Not exactly the same thing, but I wanted to switch my cruise credit from Royal to Celebrity and both cruise lines said no.  This wasn't a FCC, but a credit from a cruise that we cancelled due to weather and then the next booked cruise was cancelled from the Covid shutdown.