Hotel/Parking outside of Manhattan

I'm interested in finding a hotel that includes parking outside of Manhattan, which will allow me to park my car for 8 days.  I'm looking to stay at a reasonably priced hotel and take the train into the city - driving in from the east. I do not mind staying a distance out and jumping on Amtrak.  Would prefer far enough out that the hotel wouldn't charge for the additional parking.  

Hard to tell what hotels are very close to the Amtrak stations.  Any leads?

p.s. Hoboken/Jersey City is too close - rates are out of my budget and these hotels being so close to the city still charge parking.

1 hour ago, KiddieKruzer said:

I'm interested in finding a hotel that includes parking outside of Manhattan, which will allow me to park my car for 8 days.  I'm looking to stay at a reasonably priced hotel and take the train into the city - driving in from the east. I do not mind staying a distance out and jumping on Amtrak.  Would prefer far enough out that the hotel wouldn't charge for the additional parking.  

p.s. Hoboken/Jersey City is too close - rates are out of my budget and these hotels being so close to the city still charge parking.

I'm a little confused about your  statement "driving in from the east" since you list Cleveland as your home, but if you would be interested in a hotel package that includes parking and van, SUV or car service transfers to and from the Manhattan cruise terminal rather than taking a train, try trinityresrervations.com .  

6 hours ago, KiddieKruzer said:

You would not take Amtrak into New York City Penn Station. It would be better and cheaper to use New Jersey Transit trains, which run more frequently.  Do not get confused by Newark Penn Station & NY Penn Station, your destination is the latter with a short cab ride to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. 

Assuming you are driving 80 east. Look at cities serviced by NJ Transit trains

'Morristown line' & 'Montclair - Boonton lines'. The cities of Morristown, Denville & Wayne, to start with.

Much closer to NYC would be the area near the Meadowlands sports complex, Rutherford, East Rutherford & Secaucus with train & NJ Transit bus service to the Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan, again a cab ride to the cruise terminal.

Hilton Garden Inn & Hampton Inn in Ridgefield Park NJ pre covid offered cruise/park/sleep packages which included transport to the Manhattan terminal.

There was a hotel in North Bergen NJ that also offered the package but I do not recall which.

• Like 1

If you really mean “driving in from the east” (curious for someone from Cleveland) - which likely means I-95 through Connecticut, you might check out the La Quinta off Exit 6 - probably a $10 cab ride to Stamford station for Amtrak to Penn Station or (less expensive) MetroNorth to Grand Central.

We were on the magic on June 20th for 8 days and did the park and cruise package at the Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park.  I definitely recommend it.  Their shuttle is back - they just started the service back up in mid-June.  There were no issues with leaving our car there and transportation to and from the port was smooth.  Be prepared to wait - they have to make several trips to and from the port to get everyone, and traffic can definitely slow down that process, but we weren’t in a hurry so we were fine.  In fact, we had a 1:00 check in time for embarkation and still got to the port early at 12:40 despite the shuttles running behind.

If you want to spend a few additional days in New York, we stayed there after the cruise and found that driving to the N. Bergen park and ride (about 8-10 minutes away) and picking up the bus there to Manhattan was very easy.

The only drawback to the hotel was that the entrance is a little tricky to navigate because of traffic.  We had to embrace our inner New Jersey driver and just go for it several times LOL