LAFFNVEGAS Live From the 7 Day Viking Sagas On Board the MS Rotterdam 7/10/22

LAFFNVEGAS

On 7/12/2022 at 2:12 PM, Wendy-Europe said:

@LAFFNVEGAS: Hi - I would like to ask you if you could try to get some information for me: We were at Nieuw Statendam and my sister-in-law was excited about the water glasses they have there (especially at the Dutch cafe). I tried to find the manufacturer - but could not find any imprint or engraving. It would be incredibly kind if you could ask if anyone can tell you the manufacturer.  Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately was not able to get an answer. Just this picture of the mugs in Dutch Cafe

C177ECBA-96CB-4216-867D-3C67BF2E0C26.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Good Evening from the Rotterdam as we are making our way to Stavenger Norway. 
Today we were in Kristiansand  Many weeks ago several had book the excursion Cruising the Archipelago, We had been waitlisted then clear about 2 months ago. Then June 5th everyone received emails it was canceled for operational reasons and we received credit back on credit card. For a few weeks afterwards we kept look for an excursion to replace it and there was nothing of interest so quit looking. While sitting at breakfast which our friends we found the original canceled excursion available???? So Marcia, Colleen and Tom decided to go. I decided not to because it was very windy out and I am not good with smaller boat and choppy seas. They did enjoy the excursion, Tom thought it was just ok but said I would not have enjoyed it. But they did air drop some photos to share with you 😉

Dinner tonight was The Chefs Council or what ever it’s called lol They had Prime Rib which was pretty good. Last year I remember having  the best Prime Rib in the Lido. So far have not seen any Prime Rib in the Lido although it may have been there tonight.

After dinner we did watch the first set at the Rolling Stone Room. Would have liked to watch BB King but their first set was not till 9:30 and we were just too tired to stay up that late.

Tomorrow we are in Stavenger and there seem to be quite a bit in town and they are offering a free shuttle so will take advantage of that.

Signing off for the night.

B8523D11-84DB-4124-B805-061A019E5DBE.jpeg

90AA189B-1451-482E-B59C-76C9EF0ED852.jpeg

3B5E9861-1115-46D4-B1C3-477D3506E502.jpeg

D66F3854-9748-456D-BAD1-E48DBE3685E0.jpeg

43CC91DA-9D6B-40ED-B8D5-5D13182301D6.jpeg

61C9A52D-C318-4870-8022-B6124DF4969A.jpeg

46FC1314-80E9-40D6-84CE-EB8482890E7F.jpeg

2E9E7DCB-A379-450A-9ACE-6CCE76007B0F.jpeg

4C968D56-3CB7-4E1B-AD2B-07700757F071.jpeg

C7335C40-3948-4B08-AAA3-7CAF3F5CF8A1.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Unfortunately was not able to get an answer. Just this picture of the mugs in Dutch Cafe

C177ECBA-96CB-4216-867D-3C67BF2E0C26.jpeg

Thanks a lot for your help. 

The mugs are lovely too.... she fell in love with the waterglasses with the blue stripes  St the dutch cafe (they had the same ones in different colours at the different restaurants,  Orange at club Orange,  grey at pinnacle grill  and so on).

But it seems she has to live without:-)

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

No I have not but to be honest I have not even found the bread pudding yet and usually I have it by the second day.

On our last cruise in May we found the bread pudding at the same spot as the ice cream except it was on a back table, you had to ask for it and they served it……..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, xjust4fun said:

On our last cruise in May we found the bread pudding at the same spot as the ice cream except it was on a back table, you had to ask for it and they served it……..

In the Nieuw Statendam the bread pudding was at the bakery stall (they had a warming table, where they kept the bread pudding or the crumbles at the evening.)

• Thanks 1

I am also on this sailing at the moment, I can confirm there was prime rib in the lido last night, and there is bread pudding  available from the “rise” station in the lido - it is very good 👍🏻  However if bread pudding is what your heart desires I would highly recommend the croissant and bread pudding served for breakfast in the main dining hall is head and shoulders above that found in the lido - 100% worth having breakfast there for that dish alone. Make sure you go hungry though as it is a bit of a monster. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Wendy-Europe said:

Thanks a lot for your help. 

The mugs are lovely too.... she fell in love with the waterglasses with the blue stripes  St the dutch cafe (they had the same ones in different colours at the different restaurants,  Orange at club Orange,  grey at pinnacle grill  and so on).

But it seems she has to live without:-)

Was it these, there is unfortunately no markings on the bottom of the glass.

93DE7EBC-7110-4D85-8CDE-990FBC8B1C0B.jpeg

• Like 4

Good Morning from a cold rainy wet day in Stavanger Norway. We stayed on board this morning waiting for the rain to maybe go away not sure it will totally go away. It is very windy out as well.

Not the best view from our aft since this is more of an industrial port. We had a late breakfast in the Lido then went to the Dutch Cafe for coffee and hot cocoa for Tom. I also picked up some goodies to take home. 
HAL is offers free shuttle tickets into town and we can now just go out to the shuttle no waiting for tickets. 

1B3F8B9D-94BE-4F1E-AC1D-FBA25CFE8CA6.jpeg

F3ADDA94-0AE3-45E8-8BD6-E7B3822936DB.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Wendy-Europe said:

Yes - THESE! I searched the Internet for these or similar ones - no luck....

You could check with Replacements Ltd.....they have most everything....at a price!  but in years past...collecting different stemware and dishes...have always been able to find what we were looking for...just sign in and send them a picture.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wendy-Europe said:

Yes - THESE! I searched the Internet for these or similar ones - no luck....

Someone could inquire with the Food & Beverage Manager on board, maybe.
Years ago we were seated with a couple who were on their first cruise. They were admiring the dishes used in the MDR.
My husband asked the server about getting a plate for them as a souvenir. I guess it went up the chain of command, and one night the couple was presented with a brand new plate in a box!
I cannot remember if my husband was charged for it. 

Good Evening from the Rotterdam as we make our way to Flam. 
There is definitely a lot of motion to the ocean this evening, so much do they canceled the two performances of The One Step Dance Company show In Tandem. I was actually planning on going since this I have only seen once before last year on Nieuw Amsterdam to Alaska and wanton see on the Theater in the Round.

Tonight Tom and I and Marcia had Dinner at Rudi’s Sel de Mer.

Show was canceled, BB King does not start up till 10:30 and no Band performing in The Tock Room decided to just head back to our cabin, do some writing and reading. Tomorrow morning will get up early to enjoy my long massage 😉

Tomorrow is our last port Flam and we will be going the afternoon excursion of Trains, Waterfalls and Waffles.

Here are some picture from today.

A5C75F09-CAA8-40F1-B97A-14B54CFB9F54.jpeg

1C54F9EF-6427-4015-AF71-A229A58FFA95.jpeg

4B9D0371-9FD3-4664-9807-6DE08AEE7625.jpeg

9A121279-C844-49FB-9824-7756624DE604.jpeg

A5C91937-2420-4503-835D-DE3700440EFD.jpeg

A4EA9542-92C3-470F-992E-14A878618771.jpeg

9BBC3D71-E423-4F20-AD71-C51C1065E033.jpeg

8686987B-B38C-4E82-BE18-9CCC0C194CA1.jpeg

0408D644-E65C-4E23-B11C-539F7B5C77D7.jpeg

73345496-AED1-4862-8FBC-B02F9EC1311D.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Loving your photos.  Today looked so nice from your dining table.

The dinner looked delicious...can you tell me how you ate the lobster looking creature hanging from the hook?  Since it is accompanied by a red bowl of "sauce" I assume it was not for decoration.  Thank you for all of the photos and daily reports.  Cherie

Edited by cccole
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cccole said:

Loving your photos.  Today looked so nice.

The dinner looked delicious...can you tell me how you ate the lobster looking creature hanging from the hook?  Since it is accompanied by a red bowl of "sauce" I assume it was not for decoration.  Thank you for all of the photos and daily reports.  Cherie

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't recall seeing that on the Sel de Mer's Menu.  I assume one photo is of the Seafood Tower.  How does one consume all of that as a First Course and have any desire for other courses?  The Crepes look better than what I have been served and I had no complements about them.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't recall seeing that on the Sel de Mer's Menu.  I assume one photo is of the Seafood Tower.  How does one consume all of that as a First Course and have any desire for other courses?  The Crepes look better than what I have been served and I had no complements about them.  

That dangling item might be part of the seafood platter.  I can’t bring the sel de mer menu.  When I saw someone else get it I wanted no part of it because people turn around and stare.  I don’t enjoy that.  I know I eat pretty sensibly during the day.  I’m not filling up on burgers and fries, cakes and cookie  and cream puffs from the Dutch cafe.  Far to often I’ve heard people say they can’t eat big meals like that but they eat so much during the day it’s no wonder.  I can tell you I’ve never had any dessert from the Dutch cafe and rarely from other places during the day.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That dangling item might be part of the seafood platter.  I can’t bring the sel de mer menu.  When I saw someone else get it I wanted no part of it because people turn around and stare.  I don’t enjoy that.  I know I eat pretty sensibly during the day.  I’m not filling up on burgers and fries, cakes and cookie  and cream puffs from the Dutch cafe.  Far to often I’ve heard people say they can’t eat big meals like that but they eat so much during the day it’s no wonder.  I can tell you I’ve never had any dessert from the Dutch cafe and rarely from other places during the day.

You gave me an idea for my next Koningsdam cruise.  I’ll pass on dessert in the dining room and go instead to the Dutch Cafe to enjoy the yummy delights!  Dinner at 5 in the MDR, dessert at 7 in Dutch Cafe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

You gave me an idea for my next Koningsdam cruise.  I’ll pass on dessert in the dining room and go instead to the Dutch Cafe to enjoy the yummy delights!  Dinner at 5 in the MDR, dessert at 7 in Dutch Cafe.

It’s likely better than anything they have in the mdr for dessert.  It’s been years since I’ve had a good dessert in there.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, rkacruiser said:

I assume one photo is of the Seafood Tower.

D8D19644-C44E-4C38-B542-768DF494F7A2.jpeg.5748e83c007f23058cf3059e3124667f.jpeg

I think you are referring to the pic above?  It is not the sea food tower.  It is the fruits de mer I believe (surcharge) and is meant to share with others.  It is not intended for one person 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2