LAFFNVEGAS Live From the 7 Day Viking Sagas On Board the MS Rotterdam 7/10/22

LAFFNVEGAS

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

LAFFNVEGAS was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Greetings, well not quite yet LIVE but pretty darn close. We head out today to start our journey to Amsterdam. We will be starting from Harry Reid International Airport, previously known as McCarran International Airport  aka LAS for Las Vegas. Boarding for our United flight is at 9:27am, we will head to our first stop of IAH Houston, then will board a 777 heading to Amsterdam where we will arrive Thursday morning at 9:20.

Many of you have followed my previous "Live Froms" here on CC over the years. Last Year we were fortunate to be on Holland America's first sailing after the pause of cruising, we cruised Alaska on the Nieuw Amsterdam. This year while not a big first it sort of is, we will be sailing on the first HAL cruise that is waiving the 3 day covid testing as long as everyone is fully vaccinated and boosted. HAL is doing this for just three sailings to see how it goes. We are extremely excited and hoping for this to be successful. We are cruisers that do not mind wearing a mask out and about but would love to see the testing go away for the fully vaccinated. 

We are excited to board the Rotterdam since this will be our first time on her, we have only sailed the Pinnacle Class once and the was the very first sailing of the Koningsdam in April 2016 so it will be exiting to see this ship.

The cruise is not till Sunday but we are going to spend 3 full days exploring in and around Amsterdam. 
Our cruising group this year includes of course my husband Tom, but also @dobiemom aka Marcia, and my long time high school friend Colleen @IrishColleen53, who is also traveling with her cousin Maggie who will meet up with us on Embarkation Day. But the 4 of us Tom and I, Marcia and Colleen will all meet up in the United Lounge before we board our flight to Amsterdam.

My writing style tends to me a bit like writing in a Diary and I will try to include little details of what we did each day. My understanding the Internet on board has not always been reliable so I will post as often as I can and include pictures.But before the cruise I will take you all along with our Travels of Amsterdam and fill you in on our hotel near the cruise terminal, Movenpick. We will be taking a Canal Cruise, taking a train to meet up with CC member @Ine , as well as seeing the Anne Frank House and Albert Cuyp Market.

Thanks for following Along!!
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

We will be boarding Rotterdam on October 2nd and spending 3 days in Amsterdam pre cruise. We are also staying at the Movenpick.

We are looking forward to your reports and impressions of everything. Your writing style makes us feel that we are traveling with you.

Thanks for doing this Lisa.

Deen

• Like 2

Good Morning from the United Lounge at Harry Reid International Aka LAS. We got to the airport early. No one in line at TSA Pre check at Terminal 3 . So we breezed right through to D gates with plenty of time to relax in the lounge have some breakfast and coffee. we will head over to our gate D 56 in about 40 minutes. We actually don’t have much time in Houston between flights. 
I should be able to check in when we get to Houston.

75C2AFA8-2904-421A-AFCD-E17270F65CB3.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Bon voyage Lisa. Sailed the Rotterdam two weeks ago and it was one of my best cruise experiences ever. Also,  your colleague Holly and others were so patient and good to my family group over the past 3 years when we originally booked our Norway cruise and had to keep canceling and rebooking.

• Like 1