RCC SHUTTLE - ORLANDO TO PORTCANAVERAL AND RETURN

Cthy651

Today has been a very frustrating day - was on the phone to RCC for 45 min this morning, and 1 hr and 6 min this afternoon - spoke to 3 different reps all regarding their shuttle Orlando airport/Port Canaveral/Orlando.  Finally got it booked, but now I am second guessing myself.

This is the first time we are flying into Orlando, and because of Co-vid not flying in the day before (coming from Toronto)  I booked the shuttle because I thought it was the safest bet, to get to the port, and get back to the airport.

Has anyone had any experience with the shuttles, especially the one from port to airport?  Is there any other transportation type (not rental car) that you could recommend?

Thank you.🙂

26 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Today has been a very frustrating day - was on the phone to RCC for 45 min this morning, and 1 hr and 6 min this afternoon - spoke to 3 different reps all regarding their shuttle Orlando airport/Port Canaveral/Orlando.  Finally got it booked, but now I am second guessing myself.

This is the first time we are flying into Orlando, and because of Co-vid not flying in the day before (coming from Toronto)  I booked the shuttle because I thought it was the safest bet, to get to the port, and get back to the airport.

Has anyone had any experience with the shuttles, especially the one from port to airport?  Is there any other transportation type (not rental car) that you could recommend?

Thank you.🙂

I don’t know what time you are arriving but since you are taking the big risk of flying in the day of I would probably stick with the RCC shuttle.

However other options are:

*one way car rental

*Uber

*Cortrans Shuttle

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*Cruise Control Transportation 

44 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Thank you.🙂

I scheduled a shuttle direct with cruise line. 

6 hours ago, parkny said:

I scheduled a shuttle direct with cruise line. 

Then more than likely you may have overpaid...but your decision.

We've had amazing transportation with Cruise Control.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

With flights being canceled and shortage of pilots and all that I would be afraid to fly the day of the cruise. Don’t understand your comment about how you can’t come a day ahead of time due to Covid. You’re getting on a cruise ship with thousands of people.

40 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Thank you Marie, for that insightful comment - our flights are already booked, and to cancel would cost too much.

Well best of luck to you then and I hope you enjoy your cruises coming up.

If you have a problem regarding the flight on embarkation day you possibly will miss your cruise. I have read too many sad stories on Cruise Critic since I joined in March 2002 regarding this scenario. In this day and age, especially regarding flight cancellations and delays it would have been a better idea to fly in a day earlier, get a good nights sleep in a hotel in Cape Canaveral and wake up refreshed and ready to enjoy your cruise on embarkation day.