Taxi/Limo from Rome airport (FCO) to Rome

Agree with DaveFr! We just returned from Rome and used them again.  Rome cabs is the best - reliable, reasonable and professional. Vehicles are newer, cleaner & comfortable.  We’ve used them over the last 10 years for port and airport transfers, as well as to tour Tuscany.  Easy to schedule on their website.    
Also, if you want a true local experience in Rome, checkout the highly rated Frederica and Barbara of BB kitchen on Trip Advisor ( https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d11752096-Reviews-Federica_Barbara_of_BB_Kitchen-Rome_Lazio.html ).  It’s truly a fun and memorable evening with authentic cooking in a Roman Home.  Have a fantastic trip! 

Edited by jupiteroek
  • Thanks 1

I had a lot of unused credit on a cruise so used Regent's destination services to arrange a transfer Cittavecchia to Rome.  I was shocked though by the price which was way more than what was shown to be the cost on websites at the time.  Even the Regent staff seemed to agree that the pricing was out of line.  They contacted "Miami" to try to adjust the price, but I was told that "Miami" wouldn't budge. So from a price standpoint, best to book this in advance by yourself or through your travel agent.

• Like 1

As stated above, both Romeinlimo or Romecabs are pretty much the "standard" private shuttle services you can have in Rome, and the largest ones, to start with.

Pay attention to a detail, though: It is becoming common here in Europe for some 4/5 star hotels to offer a fare where private transfers are bundled on the deal. Sometimes that combined service will cost you less than purchasing it separately, to not talk about the convenience. Service itself will be provided from same providers you see online. Good to have a look on that as well.

Have a nice day!...

20 hours ago, CruisetheCs said:

I had a lot of unused credit on a cruise so used Regent's destination services to arrange a transfer Cittavecchia to Rome.  I was shocked though by the price which was way more than what was shown to be the cost on websites at the time.  Even the Regent staff seemed to agree that the pricing was out of line.  They contacted "Miami" to try to adjust the price, but I was told that "Miami" wouldn't budge. So from a price standpoint, best to book this in advance by yourself or through your travel agent.

I risk being called an entitled complainer for bringing this up but I'd be careful using Regent transportation because of the cost.  We checked the price of a private car to our hotel in Dublin and Regent quoted $500, we had our hotel arrange the car at it cost like $35.  We did use the Regent bus to Narita in Tokyo and it was reasonable and efficient.   We generally have the hotel set up private cars like mentioned above if nothing else they are dependable.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:10 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

I risk being called an entitled complainer for bringing this up but I'd be careful using Regent transportation because of the cost.  We checked the price of a private car to our hotel in Dublin and Regent quoted $500, we had our hotel arrange the car at it cost like $35.  We did use the Regent bus to Narita in Tokyo and it was reasonable and efficient.   We generally have the hotel set up private cars like mentioned above if nothing else they are dependable.

I don't think you're an entitled complainer at all (and this is coming from a confirmed Grumpy Old Man) - it's pretty common for Regent's pricing to be kind of nutty on some things, hotels and transportation among them.  At least it is in my experience.  Must be their way of limiting the number of additional reservations they need to manage - and it seems to be working.