Labadee Water Taxi to Columbus Cove

Hello All! My family is taking a cruise in August to Labadee and are hoping to gather at Columbus Cove. I noticed there was a water taxi, do you know how often it leaves or how long it takes? Some of our party is hoping to do the zipline at 10a and weren't sure if we got off the boat at 8/8:30 we'd be able to make it to Columbus to put our stuff down and then get back to the front of the island for the excursion.

Does this seem do-able or crazy? Please let us know any info you have!

1 hour ago, ohhliveeeeuh said:

Does this seem do-able or crazy?

Welcome to CC.

It should be doable. Assuming it's running, the ferry may wait till it's somewhat full before sailing over - maybe 5 min. You can easily walk, set up and walk back to the excursion - venues are not that far apart.

Believe the water taxi is outbound only.  For some reason everyone getting back on the pier has to go through metal detectors and xrays on the island instead of on ship.

18 hours ago, LeeW said:

Believe the water taxi is outbound only.  For some reason everyone getting back on the pier has to go through metal detectors and xrays on the island instead of on ship.

We didn't do that this week on the Mariner. We got scanned on the ship 

18 hours ago, LeeW said:

No more security building at Labadee... it's gone.  All security done on the ships now like most other port of call. 

48 minutes ago, twangster said:

No more security building at Labadee... it's gone.  All security done on the ships now like most other port of call. 

That’s very interesting.  First time I’ve heard that.  So does that mean that the water taxi runs both ways now ?  You used to have to go through security coming back so the water taxi only went one way.  

8 hours ago, RFerrington said:

That’s very interesting.  First time I’ve heard that.  So does that mean that the water taxi runs both ways now ?  You used to have to go through security coming back so the water taxi only went one way.  

I've never taken the tender/ferry to Columbus Cove but I have seen it in use many times.  I've always made my way back walking so it's not something I paid attention to.  I'll pay closer attention later this month when I'm there, unless I get too Labradoozied by that point.  

• Haha 1