Medallion Net Price Onboard

irvine

Hi there!

Does anyone know if the 4 device plan cost the same whether you pre-purchase or purchase onboard? I would prefer to purchase onboard so I can use my onboard credit. 🙂

Thanks!

Fairly certain it is a bit more expensive.  Others have posted that they can sometimes get the pre-cruise price on day one of the cruise...but I have no first-hand knowledge.  I've always just purchased ahead of time to "get it done" and off my list.

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, marco_polo11 said:

It is half price for platinum and elite passengers if purchased prior to sailing...whether for one or four devices.

What I want to know is can the 4 devices plan be shared by 4 different people,  eg. 2 couples? 

Yes, we have done it. We had to get help to sort it out, but because our bookings were linked, they let us do it.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 7:55 AM, marco_polo11 said:

It is half price for platinum and elite passengers if purchased prior to sailing...whether for one or four devices.

What I want to know is can the 4 devices plan be shared by 4 different people,  eg. 2 couples? 

The Medallion Class App is supposed to apply discount of 50% when purchased by Plat. or Elite loyalty level passengers but that function is not working.  It only shows full price.  We are Elite level and the app shows only full price.  

FYI - I'm experiencing the same issues with Platinum/Elite discount pricing not showing up when trying to order internet service for a future cruise (been like this for several weeks - hope it gets fixed soon!)

On 7/8/2022 at 2:44 AM, irvine said:

Hi there!

Does anyone know if the 4 device plan cost the same whether you pre-purchase or purchase onboard? I would prefer to purchase onboard so I can use my onboard credit. 🙂

Thanks!

Both plans are more expensive on board.  The 4-device one doesn't go up as much percent in price.

PRE-CRUISE

1-device  = $10/day

4-devices = $20/day

ON_BOARD

1-device = $15/day

4-devices = $25/day

Individual daily rate = $20/day

All of the above is subject to 50% discount if you qualify.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:55 AM, marco_polo11 said:

Yes, and there is no permission required.  Just have one person order the 4-device plan and then share the login credentials.  Settle up with each other in some way outside of Princess accounting.

14 hours ago, marco_polo11 said:

I would appreciate you explaining how it is done. Is it simply a matter of each user logging in with the same user name and password?

Yes.  Whoever makes the order provides the credentials to the others.  Basically cabin number and birthdate.

4 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

The way it works, I believe, is that you pay full price up front and you get 50% of that amount back as refundable obc.

That is not the way it is supposed to work. It is supposed to only charge the discounted rate when eligible.

Initially it did work that way (although some ships posted the rebate as non-refunfable).

But then there have been posts that the use of the App pre-cruise was changed so that, if eligible, you only paid the discounted rate when purchasing in advance.

And now, as this thread shows, what once finally worked as it should have by charging the discounted amount pre-cruise apparently no longer does so, at least for some people.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, caribill said:

That is not the way it is supposed to work. It is supposed to only charge the discounted rate when eligible.

Initially it did work that way (although some ships posted the rebate as non-refunfable).

But then there have been posts that the use of the App pre-cruise was changed so that, if eligible, you only paid the discounted rate when purchasing in advance.

And now, as this thread shows, what once finally worked as it should have by charging the discounted amount pre-cruise apparently no longer does so, at least for some people.

I am Platinum and my booking for 9/24 shows a charge for 4 devices for 3 nights as $59/95.

I have been led to believe that I will get 50% back as obc once onboard, but I have been lied to before.

I agree, this aint how it's supposed to work.

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

Got a recent update on my iphone 12 and can no longer even purchase the Mefallion net on it.

I just checked, and I can't purchase on my Android either. This irritates me no end. I was able to purchase in advance of our cruise last week and got the 50% discount from the get-go. It's bad enough that so many people have had so many problems, but for something that was working to no longer be working is really outside of enough. 

• Like 1