BA and Verifly app

elmsliebev

BA are pushing me to use the Verifly app for our flight on Sunday to QE. 

Anyone used it? Any advantages?  -It's not compulsory and it's yet another app to have to mess about with. 

many thanks

We've used it. It saved us some time at check-in for a US flight recently because, rather than have to have all our Covid 'stuff' checked manually, we were just waved through by showing the app. It confirms that you have tested negative prior to a flight, and that you have been vaccinated. It's a faff uploading the info, but did save time at the airport.

• Like 1

We used it but it was pointless.

When we came to do online check in it wouldn't let us-said our paperwork needed verifying.

So we ended up having to pull it all out the bag despite Verifly showing all green ticks and “good to go” message.

I've had it work several ways.

Sometimes when I get all green ticks and my 'good to go' I can check in online and (since I only travel with carry on) I have my boarding passes and can go directly to Security.

Sometimes despite all the above, I can't check in online and so I go to an agent to show my papers, then if I show the Verifly pass, they accept that. Or I can just show my papers.

Or I have had it on BA where I could check in and get my boarding pass despite the fact that I knew I had to have a document check with an agent.

When it works it can save time and I like being checked in before heading to the airport. But when it doesn't work it's just another irritation.

So I'm ambivalent about it's value.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:05 AM, DaisyUK said:

We've used it. It saved us some time at check-in for a US flight recently because, rather than have to have all our Covid 'stuff' checked manually, we were just waved through by showing the app. It confirms that you have tested negative prior to a flight, and that you have been vaccinated. It's a faff uploading the info, but did save time at the airport.

I thought testing wasn't required for the USA anymore?

And if you accidentally check the box that you are U.S citizen it is a lifetime ban with no appeal possible and on that small i phone it could be a mistake you could make. A real faff.

Edited by ace2542

That's true (that testing isn't required for the USA anymore), but it was when we flew.

Sounds like the Verifly app is a bit of a lottery. I was glad we did it, because the queue for those who didn't have it - on the day that we travelled - was very long.