Proof of supervise test

minster123

Hi

Fairly new to cruising and we have just had our supervise tests done. I have the certificates printed off in hardcopy format but nowhere on the certificate does it mention that it was supervised/monitored. Will this be a problem. I’m really worried now as I’ve seen posts from people saying that their certs state it’s been supervised. 

3 minutes ago, minster123 said:

Hi

Fairly new to cruising and we have just had our supervise tests done. I have the certificates printed off in hardcopy format but nowhere on the certificate does it mention that it was supervised/monitored. Will this be a problem. I’m really worried now as I’ve seen posts from people saying that their certs state it’s been supervised. 

No it is not a problem. I use eMed Lab which Celebrity sells and no where on the Lab Results form does it say supervised/monitored. 

11 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

In person at a pharmacy means it was supervised.  Thats all you need

But I don’t have any proof that’s the thing that’s worrying me. I know that you can get a certificate by doing an unsupervised test where you just send a photograph and they look absolutely the same. So how do they determine that you’ve done the supervise one as opposed to an unsupervised one?

2 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You must be cruising today or tomorrow.  You have time to do another if you are concerned about your documentation

I just wanted to know what experience other people had had with the wording. Does it have to say supervisor/monitored on the certificate?  if so we will go and get another one done - if it doesn’t need to say that, I will stick with what we’ve got. Having never done this before I don’t have a clue! And you can understand my anxiety

I’ve been on 3 cruises from FLL with a lab report that just gave the name and address of lab and my result - looked like any other hard copy report from a hospital lab. Only kicker is that it was a PCR, not an antigen test. I don’t think anyone at the port who looked at my report was looking to see, observed or monitored, I think that when they see the labs name (or pharmacy, md office or clinic), they assume that entity is taking responsibility for identifying you and asserting that your result is correct. That’s what this is really about.

1 hour ago, minster123 said:

Hi

The minimum requirements

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.

7 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Doesn’t the paperwork say that the test was done at the pharmacy?  Is the pharmacy name and logo there? Is it signed by anyone?  Could you upload a photo of the document (cross out your name) for us to see?

It has the name of the manufacturer at the top and the name and address of the pharmacy at the bottom which I have covered for privacy.  It looks to me like a standard form they use for everyone it has a printed signature at the bottom. 32A67D86-C3BE-4110-99C2-518424F8D77F.thumb.jpeg.2dbcb2b41ec0000ae2f9273f63837ae1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

Randox Tests is exactly the same

Thank you. And have you travelled ok with one of those?

I just don’t want any issues at the port. I’m supposed to be looking forward to this holiday and yet I’m having sleepless nights about it!

14 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

When is your cruise and when did you have the test?

The tests were this morning in my local village pharmacy. The pharmacist watched us do the test, we sat and waited 15 minutes and then he printed a certificate each (as shown) we also got it emailed to us. My original query was that it does not say on the cert that it was supervised. Is this a problem? 

5 minutes ago, minster123 said:

The tests were this morning in my local village pharmacy. The pharmacist watched us do the test, we sat and waited 15 minutes and then he printed a certificate each (as shown) we also got it emailed to us. My original query was that it does not say on the cert that it was supervised. Is this a problem? 

The fact that you have a certificate means it was supervised. As long as it has the date, type of test, outcome, and signature, you should be good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, minster123 said:

But I don’t have any proof that’s the thing that’s worrying me. I know that you can get a certificate by doing an unsupervised test where you just send a photograph and they look absolutely the same. So how do they determine that you’ve done the supervise one as opposed to an unsupervised one?

When you say send a photography... is that a photograph of the test?   If so that would not be accepted.  

What you get when you have a supervised test is you get an e-mail from the proctoring company that states type of test, date and time of test and the results.   I believe that is what the OP has a photo of .

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

When you say send a photography... is that a photograph of the test?   If so that would not be accepted.  

What you get when you have a supervised test is you get an e-mail from the proctoring company that states type of test, date and time of test and the results.   I believe that is what the OP has a photo of .

Yes I have printed certificates printed in the pharmacy by the person who monitored the test. That is a picture of it above. 

On 7/10/2022 at 12:15 AM, minster123 said:

Yes I have printed certificates printed in the pharmacy by the person who monitored the test. That is a picture of it above. 

That would certainly work.   Ive had both tests at a test center but mostly at home monitored.   I just do it while having coffee in the morning. 

For those taking the test on a PC I found the easiest was to sit on the floor in front of a cocktail table.  My PC's camera is in the lower left hand corner