Captains Reception Start Time

tjm0701

Cruising on a 10 night Nautica trip in late August. Trying to figure out a dining time. I believe the Captains reception is the second night ( in my case this would also be an at sea day). Is this correct. Also, what  time does it start? My recollection is about 6 and goes to 7:30. Would schedule dinner after. Thanks.

It is prior to when the dinning rooms open, I want to say 5:45.  So you if you have a 6:30 reservation, you would need to leave 'early', but you would still hear the speeches and have a drink, or two.  

• Like 1

I was on a 10-day Regatta cruise in March and there was no Captain's reception.  Not the traditional one in Horizons where all of the passengers were invited. There was a reception in the Regatta lounge for the repeat passengers, for which there will be an invitation in your cabin. I don't remember which night that was but it was later than the 2nd night.  It started at 5:30 and had finished in time for those with 6:30 dinner reservations.  The traditional Captain's reception was replaced with one evening where free drinks were offered in the bars 5:30-6:30. 

Maybe they have started it up again. Maybe someone who has been on a more recent cruise can comment. 

Pulled out the Currents from our 12/13-23/21 W. Caribbean on Riviera. There was a "Captain's Cocktail Celebration" on Day 2 at Horizons at 5:45 PM with "Complimentary Cocktails 5:45 PM -8 PM at Horizons & 6-8 PM at Martinis & Grand Bar.

The repeat passenger's reception was on a different night and not in the Currents since it was by non-public invitation.

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

Pulled out the Currents from our 12/13-23/21 W. Caribbean on Riviera. There was a "Captain's Cocktail Celebration" on Day 2 at Horizons at 5:45 PM with "Complimentary Cocktails 5:45 PM -8 PM at Horizons & 6-8 PM at Martinis & Grand Bar.

The repeat passenger's reception was on a different night and not in the Currents since it was by non-public invitation.

We are currently on the Ireland Immersion, 10-day cruise, and this also was our experience this week: 6 to 8 pm except where the Captain spoke which started at 5:45 pm.

Repeaters party    there can be more than one depending on how many repeat cruisers there are on that sailing

One cruise there were 3  so Horizons was closed  on 3 nights  for about 1-2 hours  usually prior to dinner

10 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

We were on a B2B in May. 2 Captain's receptions at 5:45. 2 Oceania Club (ie - repeaters) receptions at @ 6:00.  

Was that per segment  ?

😉