Diamond/Concierge Lounge

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

DL has a lot more eligible people. Both pretty much the same unless you are a suite guest

Possibly quieter in the Concierge. So, I have two options for the coffee machine... 50/50 chance of a working one. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Possibly quieter in the Concierge. So, I have two options for the coffee machine... 50/50 chance of a working one. 😆

That’s funny. I played coffee machine roulette on Harmony early on day 2 a month or so ago hoping one would be functional prior to 7am. No luck & we were much closer to the SL so I gave up checking the DL after that.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Naturally not all, and actually very few ships still have a Concierge Lounge.   Fun to find one when you do though.   🙂 

Some Voyager ships still have the old one

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Naturally not all, and actually very few ships still have a Concierge Lounge.   Fun to find one when you do though.   🙂 

I wonder if the Oasis has both. I cruise on her in a few months.

41 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I guess I have to wait for Pinnacle to gain access to SL. 

Better book a full suite. Some ships don’t allow suite lounge access for pinnacle members.  They may use the Diamond lounge along with Diamond and Diamond Plus. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Some Voyager ships still have the old one

Yup, was thrilled to have the CL still there and in original location on EX on deck 9.   We had B2B JS on the hump on deck 9.   Was exactly 18 steps to the CL door from our cabin....sweet Latte run in the morning.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yup, was thrilled to have the CL still there and in original location on EX on deck 9.   We had B2B JS on the hump on deck 9.   Was exactly 18 steps to the CL door from our cabin....sweet Latte run in the morning.  😉 

So, you left your cabin at 6:59:30 AM?  😄

46 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I wonder if the Oasis has both. I cruise on her in a few months.

Oasis used to have a CL (then turned DL) on deck 11.   Loved it there, plenty of room, dedicated bathroom inside, 2 story with floor to ceiling windows.  But alas they took the DL out and stuffed it in a "closet" in the bilge on deck 4.   Deck 17 has combo Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge.  No more CL at all.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Limited access now. Only going to get worse

We have decided to skip it altogether next Harmony.  Did not use the SL for happy hour at all the last few times, except to sit at the small bar to order dinner cocktail just before our early seating in CK. 

Starting to really love just "bar hopping" (kind of like you 😉 )....with our vouchers now.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Better book a full suite. Some ships don’t allow suite lounge access for pinnacle members.  They may use the Diamond lounge along with Diamond and Diamond Plus. 

m

We are not using the lounges at all for cocktails now.  Just morning coffee.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

So, you left your cabin at 6:59:30 AM?  😄

Yup, but sometimes 5 seconds earlier to help fix the coffee machine.   I was better at it than the attendant.  He hated that machine.  😄 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

You can always book a full suite...GS and above.  🙂 

Not a chance. More cruising, less money on a cabin. Except the next 2. My cruise buddy like to have a balcony cabin, even though she rarely steps out on it! 😁If I had my way it would be inside cabin every time.🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rrraydon said:

Not a chance. More cruising, less money on a cabin. Except the next 2. My cruise buddy like to have a balcony cabin, even though she rarely steps out on it! 😁If I had my way it would be inside cabin every time.🤣

I don't mind paying a little extra for the inside virtual balacony.  Mine had a nice reading chair next to the huge screen.

4 minutes ago, pcur said:

I don't mind paying a little extra for the inside virtual balacony.  Mine had a nice reading chair next to the huge screen.

We got one of those when we booked an interior GTY once. Didn't do much for me personally but some people seem to like them.

If we can't get at least a balcony cabin...won't cruise on that itinerary.   I don't use a lounge chair at the pool, or anywhere on deck.   My "privately reserved outside lounge chair" is always there for me on the balcony. 

Yes...I chair hog that.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pcur said:

I'm 0 for 3 when booking a VB.

1st:  Free upgrade (pre-Royal UP) to OV balcony

2nd: Free upgrade (pre-Royal UP) to OV 

3rd: After price drops, it was cheaper to upgrade to OV balcony, than keep the VB 

• Like 1