Current $500 airfare promotion

Fishboy1947

I have cabins for 5 booked to Europe next year. The current promotion which ends tomorrow, has higher cabin cost, total of $1,300, but offers an airfare credit of $500 per person, $2,500 total.

The airfare has to be paid with the booking

My question is, what happens if a better flight is offered later, better times & connections and I want to change. Do I get full credit for the original airfare or do I only get credit for what I actually paid, and lose the $500 credit?  

The cruise is almost a year out and I think there may be better flight options later. There is also $100 in obc but I discount its value since we have always included

My experience has been that you completely cancel the other when changing air; you cannot take the promo with you unless it is the same for the replaced booking.  I booked my own airfare this year, as FBC could not even come close to what I wanted.  In the past, I have used them and been happy.  Just make sure you get everything in writing!  Flights/promos are dynamic like so many things.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Coarsegold_Mom said:

How are you supposed to get this credit if flights are not even available yet for a October 2024 cruise?

His cruise is in Spring or Summer 2023.  Certainly can get flights then.  If the pricecof flights went down you likely could rebook - BUT (always a but or two) there would likely be a change fee of at least $200 per ticket.

7 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

His cruise is in Spring or Summer 2023.  Certainly can get flights then.  If the pricecof flights went down you likely could rebook - BUT (always a but or two) there would likely be a change fee of at least $200 per ticket.

My cruise is in October 2023 🙂 How would I go about getting credit if airlines don’t even have their flights posted yet?

3 hours ago, Coarsegold_Mom said:

My cruise is in October 2023 🙂 How would I go about getting credit if airlines don’t even have their flights posted yet?

I don’t think you can.  IME there had to be flights I wanted to book in order to get the $ off.

3 hours ago, Coarsegold_Mom said:

My response was to the OP.  You could get a $500 credit for whatever the rate is when the flights are posted.

Agree promo is strange 

A FBC rep told me the flight promo was going until August 31 but probably would be extended. He confirmed that if you book now then change later when more flights open up, you keep the credit if you stay with the same airline. He said if you change airlines, you only get the credit if the promo is still going on then. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

A FBC rep told me the flight promo was going until August 31 but probably would be extended. He confirmed that if you book now then change later when more flights open up, you keep the credit if you stay with the same airline. He said if you change airlines, you only get the credit if the promo is still going on then. 

You may keep the discount but I'm pretty sure you are going to pay the $200 pp FBC change fee on top of any airline fee.

• Like 1

We just booked a cruise for August,2023 with the airfare promo. I have already received an email from Celebrity saying they would send me an email when cruise is 310 days away. I can then book air at that time. Reservations show the promo.

4 hours ago, Fuzzy55 said:

We just booked a cruise for August,2023 with the airfare promo. I have already received an email from Celebrity saying they would send me an email when cruise is 310 days away. I can then book air at that time. Reservations show the promo.

Do they indicate how long of a time frame you will have to make the booking?  Hoping  you have some time after initial opening for additional flights to become available

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

You may keep the discount but I'm pretty sure you are going to pay the $200 pp FBC change fee on top of any airline fee.

That’s right - if within final payment - but in my case our cruise is in March so we have a while to make changes without a fee. 

5 hours ago, luv2camp04 said:

I have a question regarding this airfare credit.  Is the credit included in the prices that are shown on Flight by Celebrity or is it an additional amount off from that price?  Very confusing promo.

You will see a strikethrough with a red line in the old price and the new price above or below it. It’s not all carriers it seems. 

I’m on a B2B and had success getting them to give me the second cruise’s discount for flights as OBC since they prefer to book flights RT on first booking rather than two one ways - even though fare is only a couple $ different. 

2 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

That’s right - if within final payment - but in my case our cruise is in March so we have a while to make changes without a fee. 

Even if the ticket is paid before cruise final payment date?  With the promo the ticket must be paid for at time of booking.   Serious question I don't know the answer.

16 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

This promo was excellent for me. Was able to book a one way from Bangkok to Rome for $181 with Qatar Airways. Hopefully they'll offer upgrades for sale again during online check-in.

Excellent for us as well. We got Seattle to Rome for $1. 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:07 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Even if the ticket is paid before cruise final payment date?  With the promo the ticket must be paid for at time of booking.   Serious question I don't know the answer.

They have not required true payment for me to get the promo. They're simply added to my booking, and I'll pay the total due (cruise + air, - promo) on my booking when it's due. The price for the Flights by Celebrity line item on my booking invoice is with the discount applied, i.e., there is not a a line item for the discount. In my case, these are domestic flights. 

Be sure to read all the fine print and ask lots of questions.   We booked a fare with Flights by Celebrity for our recent cruise, and the price went down, we weren’t able to rebook at the new price without a penalty.