RoyalUp Program

Looking for information for the RC program. What would be your max bid? Currently in an ocean balcony. What are the ‘extra perks’ of the suites? Hoping we get approved for our bid our second cruise been waiting since covid for this cruise! 

The program is pretty straightforward as a way for passengers to upgrade and for Royal to maximize revenue.  The program is run by an outside organization.  If @twangster finds this he can provide some more in depth on that front.

You should always book a stateroom that is acceptable to you and not count on an upgrade.  It is an easy process to submit your bid online and see what happens.  Chances of an upgrade can vary but will increase if the cruise is not sailing at or near capacity.  If there are limited rooms available then even a max bid may not be helpful.  We have recently had a successful bid just slightly over the minimum.  So it is really more about what is available and how many bids there are as opposed to purely how much you bid.

If you are successful in moving up to suites you will have full access to all the perks.  The only exception is the double points.  If you are on a Oasis or Quantum class and get up to Star you will even have the genie and all the perks, otherwise expect lounge access and concierge services.  

Hopefully that gives you a quick overview and answers the suite question, have fun and good luck with the bid. 

• Like 2

The 3rd party that runs the RoyalUp program is PlusGrade.

https://www.plusgrade.com/partners/

Just understand you are bidding on the potential of an upgrade.  No upgrade may actually be available for your sail date.  In some cases they accept bids in case some cabins become available at the last minute such as someone deciding a day before sailing they can't go, or they tested positive, or there is a personal event that requires they cancel the cruise.  Suddenly a cabin becomes available and now they have a series of bids to evaluate to determine who they can sell the cabin to.   Someone else might bid less and win the upgrade if their old cabin in turn can be sold to someone else.  That's never revealed and you will have no way to know if there was ever a cabin available for anyone to "win".

• Like 2

EN has been sold out for over a month for our 22 July 6 night Bermuda cruise.  We bid the minimum to upgrade from a JS to a GS but never expect to get it.  EN has only about 12 1 br GS and overall only a few suites above that- 2 2 br GS, 5 OS, 1 RS, so the odds are never good.  Suites sold out well before the ship did, but they still put the offer out in case of cancellations.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, wdwkings said:

The program is pretty straightforward as a way for passengers to upgrade and for Royal to maximize revenue.  The program is run by an outside organization.  If @twangster finds this he can provide some more in depth on that front.

You should always book a stateroom that is acceptable to you and not count on an upgrade.  It is an easy process to submit your bid online and see what happens.  Chances of an upgrade can vary but will increase if the cruise is not sailing at or near capacity.  If there are limited rooms available then even a max bid may not be helpful.  We have recently had a successful bid just slightly over the minimum.  So it is really more about what is available and how many bids there are as opposed to purely how much you bid.

If you are successful in moving up to suites you will have full access to all the perks.  The only exception is the double points.  If you are on a Oasis or Quantum class and get up to Star you will even have the genie and all the perks, otherwise expect lounge access and concierge services.  

Hopefully that gives you a quick overview and answers the suite question, have fun and good luck with the bid. 

Thanks for the info. I have an additional question, if you don’t mind.  We booked a hump balcony. Received invite to bid up so we bid on several suites.  Received notice that our bid for Grand Suite- 1 bedroom- extra large balcony was accepted and they charged the credit card.  My question is about perks.  I purchased WiFi and two soda packages.  Will we receive those as included in the suite package, or do I need to keep the soda and WiFi I purchased?

1 minute ago, thethreeofus said:

Thanks for the info. I have an additional question, if you don’t mind.  We booked a hump balcony. Received invite to bid up so we bid on several suites.  Received notice that our bid for Grand Suite- 1 bedroom- extra large balcony was accepted and they charged the credit card.  My question is about perks.  I purchased WiFi and two soda packages.  Will we receive those as included in the suite package, or do I need to keep the soda and WiFi I purchased?

What ship?

3 minutes ago, thethreeofus said:

Anthem of the Seas, Sept sailing from Southampton