Safe 3rd party parking near the Port of Miami?

The only safe place to park for a Miami cruise is directly at the Port Of Miami. I have read too many sad posts regarding damaged vehicles, shoddy shuttle service and shady business practices since I became a member of Cruise Critic in March 2002. If you want to find your vehicle in the same condition you left it stick with parking at the Port Of Miami. Many long time Cruise Critic posters will agree with me on this topic.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I only park at PortMiami because it is easy and convenient and safe. So I agree with the general sentiment of this forum.

BUT, for information sake, if you want to pay around $91 for a 7-night cruise instead of $176, then there are two serious alternatives to consider. Both options require you to park in a public parking garage and you keep your keys:

SafeCruise Parking recently moved from a shady area to a better garage (IMO) - 198 NE 2nd St

Premier Cruise Parking has been in the same garage (Whole Foods) for many years - 250 SE 3rd Ave

Will your car be safe in these garages? Who knows. Is your car safe while you shop at Whole Foods? Just don't leave valuables and don't be surprised if you get nicked by a careless driver or similar.

There are several other options including a few hotels but that's a different discussion and not more secure!

Edited by SteerageJoe

Just park at the port. $22.00 a day to park in Miami is not a bad deal. It is so much easier than dealing with unreliable bus or vans before and after your cruise to save $5-$12 a day. Look at the savings not the expense. It is not much. 

Edited by Flymia

4 hours ago, Flymia said:

Just park at the port. $22.00 a day to park in Miami is not a bad deal. It is so much easier than dealing with unreliable bus or vans before and after your cruise to save $5-$12 a day. Look at the savings not the expense. It is not much. 

Do you need to pre-reserve a spot at the parking for POM?  What is the website link?  I've tried in vain to find this information, so your help is greatly appreciated.

22 minutes ago, Nanatravel said:

Do you need to pre-reserve a spot at the parking for POM?  What is the website link?  I've tried in vain to find this information, so your help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/

More specifically:  https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise.asp

Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.

On cruise days only, all garages and Lot #2 are open and manned by a parking attendant from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that Garage J is pre-paid only. Passengers pay upon arrival to Garage J and are given a decal to post in their vehicle for the duration of their cruise.

It's impossible to reserve a parking space at the Port Of Miami. If you arrive anytime after 10:00AM the passengers on the previous sailings have already left and there will be plenty of spaces available. I have never seen the garages totally full and I have been sailing from that port since my first cruise in May 1983.