Best guess of upcoming sales

7 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

The same sale has been running every day but just renamed for the past 4 years. 

Current promo of 70% off 2nd guest will save you a ton of money over the last promo of 35% off 1st and 2nd guests.It's the sale we've all been waiting for!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

the "sales" are an ongoing joke. go ahead and mock book a cruise. when you  get to the "total" click on price breakdown.  i have yet in the last few years actually seen where you can save money. even the fantastic 2nd and 3rd person sales free, again, check the price breakdown and you'll see that the costs have just been re-distributed to guest 1 and 2. the show a jacked up price, and its scratched out for the new price

• Like 3

3 hours ago, happythoughts said:

Eyeing a cruise that’s already in final payment. Not a big drinker so was wondering whether anyone on here is a travel agent or anyone wants to venture what sale will start tomorrow?   Haven’t sailed NCL in years 

The sale has not ended in a long time. Buy now. 

i have a contact in the executive office who tells me they have been working very hard in the marketing department on a special sale that will include all the drinks you want for FREE (just pay a modest gratuity), plus a set number of meals in what they are calling their "specialty restaurants," also for FREE (just pay a modest gratuity).  and they are even throwing in FREE wi-fi, which i know is something we have been clamoring for. oh, happy day!

apparently, they're going to call this their new  "a bunch of fees on the seas" program  (working title; this may change).

oh, i almost forgot... the best part is they have a tentative deal with most airlines for the second guest in your cabin to fly for FREE on a flight six hours later than you and to reroute their luggage (and yours) to a distant port, again, for FREE. (formerly, only one passenger was eligible for bag rerouting, so this is a welcome change.)

it's all very hush hush and i shouldn't even be posting this many details.

nor should i tell you that if my sources are correct - and they almost always are - i believe strongly that NCL will be coming out very soon with FREE excursions, provided the first person in your cabin can find an excursion of $50 or less, they can go on it for FREE. it don't get much better than that, my friends; it don't get much better than that!

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

The best deals I've gotten have been from having four cruises booked and paid for, then a pandemic hits which cancels all of them and they give me a 20% future cruise credit, which I use on other cruises which get cancelled and they give me another 20%...I tell you, I was only about a year or so from being able to book an entire ship for just for me and my wife, our family, and friends just on the FCCs they kept giving us.

😜

• Haha 4

this thread cracked me up haha

But in all truthfulness, the only actual sales that come and go are OBC amounts/free gratuity promotions that some TAs offer and if NCL is running free air/3-4th guests sail free promos. 

Other cruiselines idk. I am eyeing some of RCI lower fares...

• Like 2

When the NCL CEO comes out publicly and says NCL will take the approach of not discounting their current cruises prices and in fact will charge the maximum that the market can handle one should take that as a notice to not expect a real "sale". To me its been obvious with their horribly high cruise prices this year and looking forward it's just as bad. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

When the NCL CEO comes out publicly and says NCL will take the approach of not discounting their current cruises prices and in fact will charge the maximum that the market can handle one should take that as a notice to not expect a real "sale". To me its been obvious with their horribly high cruise prices this year and looking forward it's just as bad. 

Yup. This combined with laughably low CAS comps has driven me to other lines where I am getting much better value, even on upgraded Celebrity cabins.

NCL is my preferred line for various reasons, but I've basically written off NCL at this point until they decide to price themselves where their product actually is.

• Like 5

NCL just regurgitates the same sale over and over with different verbiage, like one poster said you see a sale where third and fourth sail free or for $99, when you look at price breakdown they aren't free or reduced as they upped the price for first and second passenger.

Even the Trans Atlantic's which used to be pretty reasonable are through the roof.

I have 3 adults and one child in a club balcony on Saturday on The Bliss, if I opted for a 2 bed Haven it would of cost me 20K, yes 20K for a 7 day cruise. Was hoping once I knew my bid wasn't accepted I could try for a solo or inside for myself, nope not paying over 2k.

Sadly I have a cruise booked for March out of Tampa after that for next summer or the next Trans Atlantic I may take a cue from other NCL cruisers and really shop at other lines. NCL is becoming very pricey.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, njkate said:

Sadly I have a cruise booked for March out of Tampa after that for next summer or the next Trans Atlantic I may take a cue from other NCL cruisers and really shop at other lines. NCL is becoming very pricey.

That's what did. I sail many lines and loyal to none. Booked a Carnival 12 day to Iceland, Scotland and Ireland for next year. Extended balcony for four people $3500 no drink package. Similar 11 day on NCL was $10,000 with free at sea. I sailed the Bliss 15 day Panama Canal a couple years ago for $5800 same everything now is almost 12 grand. I'm getting better prices with MSC, Carnival, and Celebrity. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, complawyer said:

the "sales" are an ongoing joke. go ahead and mock book a cruise. when you  get to the "total" click on price breakdown.  i have yet in the last few years actually seen where you can save money. even the fantastic 2nd and 3rd person sales free, again, check the price breakdown and you'll see that the costs have just been re-distributed to guest 1 and 2. the show a jacked up price, and its scratched out for the new price

12 hours ago, complawyer said:

anyone who thinks that either the 70% off 2nd guest or the 35% off 1st and 2nd guests is a great deal, i have some choice lakefront property right outside of las vegas. you can contact  me here.

lol

You do realize that my post was an attempt at humor about NCLs  never ending but worded differently "sale". Don't you?

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

That's what did. I sail many lines and loyal to none. Booked a Carnival 12 day to Iceland, Scotland and Ireland for next year. Extended balcony for four people $3500 no drink package. Similar 11 day on NCL was $10,000 with free at sea. I sailed the Bliss 15 day Panama Canal a couple years ago for $5800 same everything now is almost 12 grand. I'm getting better prices with MSC, Carnival, and Celebrity. 

I'll have to check as I'm sure a cruise like that on Carnival isn't like the "party" cruises from NY or Fl. My loyalty is pricing and itinerary I don't get caught up in that Latitude BS.

Edited by njkate

9 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

But in all truthfulness, the only actual sales that come and go are OBC amounts/free gratuity promotions that some TAs offer and if NCL is running free air/3-4th guests sail free promos. 

Sometimes singles pay less than twice the double occupancy price.  Would that be considered a "sale?"  I believe it shows up on the invoice as promo code "SINGLE."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Sometimes singles pay less than twice the double occupancy price.  Would that be considered a "sale?"  I believe it shows up on the invoice as promo code "SINGLE."

I'd say that it is a sale. But NCL will have to work a little harder enticing solos with Celebrity's deal with waiving solo supplement for a year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BamaCruiser39 said:

Yup. This combined with laughably low CAS comps has driven me to other lines where I am getting much better value, even on upgraded Celebrity cabins.

NCL is my preferred line for various reasons, but I've basically written off NCL at this point until they decide to price themselves where their product actually is.

I am exactly where you are. I prefer NCL but when I was looking at the prices for Sept vs what RCI/Celebrity is offering for the same dates/same itinerary, I am being forced to look at other lines. Some of these other lines are offering the same itinerary, same sort of ship for 1/2 the price...of course this doesn't include alcohol but for a savings of 2k, I will buy my own booze.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I am exactly where you are. I prefer NCL but when I was looking at the prices for Sept vs what RCI/Celebrity is offering for the same dates/same itinerary, I am being forced to look at other lines. Some of these other lines are offering the same itinerary, same sort of ship for 1/2 the price...of course this doesn't include alcohol but for a savings of 2k, I will buy my own booze.

Yup. For a nearly identical 7-night itinerary this upcoming February, Celebrity fully comped me an aqua class balcony cabin on the Apex (room rate only) on less theoretical and actual loss than my last NCL cruise where they are offering me an all-inclusive oceanview on the Encore.

Even after paying separately for the upgraded "premium" drinks and "premium" wifi  packages on Celebrity, it's costing me over a thousand dollars less than it would cost to upgrade to a regular (NOT spa) balcony on the Encore - not even including the price I would have to pay to upgrade the wifi on NCL which I have to have when I am out of the office.

If NCL wants me to continue to sail with everyone else (including more "premium lines"), I'm more than happy to oblige if it saves me thousands of dollars a year lol

Edited by BamaCruiser39
  • Like 2