Update from Paul Ludlow

emam

Excellent video which I was desperate to hear what he had to say. However won’t play at all on my iPhone so tried my iPad, he managed to say “Hello” and then the screen froze!! Anyone else sat there with bated breath trying to access the video?

At least he was honest about some of the problems facing the company, do feel if this had been conveyed earlier people would have been a lot more understanding, a missed opportunity though in explaining why some cruises are cancelled at such short notice  

Just watched it on Twitter. The best thing for me was that he was very reassuring about the flight cruises. I was beginning to get anxious about our Eastern Med cruise in September but he says they will be OK. I will have to trust him for now.

It worked fine on my iMac and I was NOT surprised to see comments about Olly Smith who keeps popping up on emails from P&O. He seems to be the 'front man' for P&O now, appearing more times recently than Paul Ludlow!

It was interesting to hear Paul referring to Olly with, "I strongly suggest taking the leap and trying Olly’s wine recommendations". His Bon Viveur wines really are very good and cheap! On my last cruise, a couple of weeks ago, I was encouraged to see adverts for his wine on the wine list BUT on the first night I was told, "Sorry sir we haven't got any of that", and as the cruise went on other brands seemed to drop off the list as well!!

I watched it on my desktop. He did mention that feedback regarding Iona was very positive, but no mention of the multiple problems with the Norwegian itineraries! Good that he referred to staffing issues but I didn’t catch anything about the provision for children/clubs etc. 

• Like 4

The usual PR putting a very positive spin on just about everything. He's probably a perfectly nice person but I'm afraid his presentation on these videos just irritates me.

There seem to be many challenges (largely not of their own making) for P&O at present (including getting cheese!) but this video just glosses over them.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pine Man said:

It worked fine on my iMac and I was NOT surprised to see comments about Olly Smith who keeps popping up on emails from P&O. He seems to be the 'front man' for P&O now, appearing more times recently than Paul Ludlow!

It was interesting to hear Paul referring to Olly with, "I strongly suggest taking the leap and trying Olly’s wine recommendations". His Bon Viveur wines really are very good and cheap! On my last cruise, a couple of weeks ago, I was encouraged to see adverts for his wine on the wine list BUT on the first night I was told, "Sorry sir we haven't got any of that", and as the cruise went on other brands seemed to drop off the list as well!!

When I was on Iona recently the staff in the Glass house confirmed that the wine list was been updated, they did not look happy about it. I took this to mean the number of wines will be reduced. Paul Ludlow mentioned new menus in the restaurants, maybe less choice and cheaper ingredients.

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Just wondering how many of these changes are been made from another country, possibly America?

Maybe signs of the 'new broom' sweeping from the new head honcho...?

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

The usual PR putting a very positive spin on just about everything. He's probably a perfectly nice person but I'm afraid his presentation on these videos just irritates me.

There seem to be many challenges (largely not of their own making) for P&O at present (including getting cheese!) but this video just glosses over them.

Yes me too.  Irritating speech pattern and never putting the g on the end of -ing words.  Sailin, fishin, etc.  He has no personality I'm afraid.  Agree no mention of the missed ports, but then wouldn't expect that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes me too.  Irritating speech pattern and never putting the g on the end of -ing words.  Sailin, fishin, etc.  He has no personality I'm afraid.  Agree no mention of the missed ports, but then wouldn't expect that.

I always find him difficult to listen to also due to his irritating speech patterns. I would imagine he is well educated to be in the job that he's in so you'd think he could pronounce the letter g. Is it a generational thing?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I've got used to his problems with the letter G now so it doesn't really bother me. Some people are good public speakers and sound very genuine and others don't. Sadly for me, he isn't and doesn't...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Danamis said:

I always find him difficult to listen to also due to his irritating speech patterns. I would imagine he is well educated to be in the job that he's in so you'd think he could pronounce the letter g. Is it a generational thing?

I think it is geographical. Priti Patel does exactly the same, never pronounces a “g”.

• Like 2