Current wine list help

federalexpress

4 hours ago, DS said:

We just got off the Pursuit on Saturday past.   I brought paper copies of all the beverage packages home and scanned them in.  (Assuming I can do things right...)  they are attached below.   Note that all of them say "All selections subject to change and availability"   ( although the Premium package says "all sections"...)

AZ Ultimate Beverage.pdf 532.69 kB · 15 downloads AZ Prem Beverage.pdf 485.27 kB · 11 downloads AZ Comp Beverages.pdf 428.95 kB · 14 downloads

Thanks for sharing. My only observation re the Complimentary drinks is that on both Journey and Onward Carlsberg on draught has replaced Newcastle Brown. 

I'm not sure about Quest or Pursuit, maybe you can help?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:05 PM, norn iron said:

Thanks for sharing. My only observation re the Complimentary drinks is that on both Journey and Onward Carlsberg on draught has replaced Newcastle Brown. 

I'm not sure about Quest or Pursuit, maybe you can help?

Nope.... only beer I had on the Pursuit was Becks

On board the Pursuit next month. The wines in the Ultimate Package sell for $15-$25/bottle in the USA and are pretty average (ratings of 3 out of 5 on most reviews). Can anyone on board please send a current copy of the wine by the bottle list with prices? Thank you. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DS said:

Nope.... only beer I had on the Pursuit was Becks

Did you drink Becks from bottles or was it on draft?

My question was about Carlsberg replacing Newcastle Brown ale as the complimentary draft on Quest and Pursuit

On 7/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, Lazy Sailor said:

“I think those that treat the waiters as people not servants….”

I’m a veteran of only one Azamara cruise, Norway Intensive a few years ago. That was my first impression: many of the long-time Azamara cruisers had friendships with waiters and other staff, and were treated as their friends in return. I felt like an outsider at first, but really it was on me to learn and join in. 

Edited by aerobee
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 6:23 PM, federalexpress said:

Shame they don't seem to offer a dessert wine on the package- so maybe not quite 'ultimate'!

Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc Errazuriz Casablanca is a dessert wine. That one is one the Beverage Package flyer.

Edited by govanguy
Omission
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/20/2022 at 10:54 AM, DS said:

We just got off the Pursuit on Saturday past.   I brought paper copies of all the beverage packages home and scanned them in.  (Assuming I can do things right...)  they are attached below.   Note that all of them say "All selections subject to change and availability"   ( although the Premium package says "all sections"...)

AZ Ultimate Beverage.pdf 532.69 kB · 126 downloads AZ Prem Beverage.pdf 485.27 kB · 90 downloads AZ Comp Beverages.pdf 428.95 kB · 111 downloads

So, the premium beverage package doesn't include any better wines?  Only the complimentary and ultimate?

Monica

5 minutes ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

So, the premium beverage package doesn't include any better wines?  Only the complimentary and ultimate?

Monica

Correct…sadly

You can buy your own, bring it onboard, drink in cabin or take to dinner and pay $10 corkage fee.  Very reasonable.  Or buy wine by the bottle onboard.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 2

IMHO and experience the best options for wine lovers are:

(1) bring it onboard, drink free in your cabin and pay $10 corkage in the dining room – this will be far cheaper than any wine you can buy onboard [and depending on where your cruise starts there may be a better selection]

(2) buy a wine package [especially the Connoisseur package] and work with the head sommelier to choose bottles that go well with your dinner selections [I drink 1/2 bottle a night and DW doesn't drink, so I would buy something for that night's dinner and then either finish it the next night or save it until a more suitable entree was chosen later] – since you only want 1 bottle at a time, the sommelier will be able to offer you choices that are never listed anywhere because they are in short supply [i.e. I got the last bottle of Spatlese in the cellar, still in great condition] – tip: in counting the bottles you need, don't forget that Chef's Table dinners come with paired wines that are very good, and White Night and AzAmazing Evening may be times you don't need a fancy wine

(3) buy the Ultimate package – but then you will get into the threads here about the wine onboard not matching the lists on the website and possibly even changing as your cruise goes on

(4) drink the included wine and figure that for 'free' it's not that bad...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

IMHO and experience the best options for wine lovers are:

(1) bring it onboard, drink free in your cabin and pay $10 corkage in the dining room – this will be far cheaper than any wine you can buy onboard [and depending on where your cruise starts there may be a better selection]

(2) buy a wine package [especially the Connoisseur package] and work with the head sommelier to choose bottles that go well with your dinner selections [I drink 1/2 bottle a night and DW doesn't drink, so I would buy something for that night's dinner and then either finish it the next night or save it until a more suitable entree was chosen later] – since you only want 1 bottle at a time, the sommelier will be able to offer you choices that are never listed anywhere because they are in short supply [i.e. I got the last bottle of Spatlese in the cellar, still in great condition] – tip: in counting the bottles you need, don't forget that Chef's Table dinners come with paired wines that are very good, and White Night and AzAmazing Evening may be times you don't need a fancy wine

(3) buy the Ultimate package – but then you will get into the threads here are the wine onboard no matching the lists on the website and possibly even changing as your cruise goes on

(4) drink the included wine and figure that for 'free' it's not that bad...

I am a bit too lazy to check, but am I correct that we can get a loyalty discount off wine packages?  Just as we can with upgrade to Ultimate Drink Package……

5 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I am a bit too lazy to check, but am I correct that we can get a loyalty discount off wine packages?  Just as we can with upgrade to Ultimate Drink Package……

Yes to Ultimate; no to wine packages [but they are already a discount off the list price if you choose wines near the top of the range...]  Also the sommelier will work with you to include wines above the top of the range if you pay [just] the overage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1