Miss the days of aft pools being adult only!

pe4all

3 hours ago, Bernardo62 said:

Sounds like you need to be on a senior citizen ONLY cruise!!  

Hopefully, no diapers are allowed in those pools either. User name checks out, there will certainly be pee for all in any pool onboard. Especially, the adult pools. Ever watch those folks in the hot tubs and pools sit there and drink for hours, yet never leave for the bathroom. 😁 

I always find these threads interesting. Most use the pool to cool off or stand in while drinking. Just as easy to quickly cool off in the nearby showers and much cleaner to boot. The only time you can actually swim is on port days when most are off the ship and pools are all but empty, sea days are always human soup. It's usually way more adults than kids. Then again, I don't cruise in summer but do for spring break. Adding adult only pools would only further concentrate guests. This is the problem with ship within a ship, it simply amplifies the problem by reducing space for all. Look at vista class ships, the havana pool/area is usually empty and the other areas jam packed. If adults need more pool space, everyone needs more pool space. I'm sure plenty of kids wish they had their own pool without drunken visually unappealing old folks standing around ruining their fun. 😆  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Hopefully, no diapers are allowed in those pools either. User name checks out, there will certainly be pee for all in any pool onboard. Especially, the adult pools. Ever watch those folks in the hot tubs and pools sit there and drink for hours, yet never leave for the bathroom. 😁 

I always find these threads interesting. Most use the pool to cool off or stand in while drinking. Just as easy to quickly cool off in the nearby showers and much cleaner to boot. The only time you can actually swim is on port days when most are off the ship and pools are all but empty, sea days are always human soup. It's usually way more adults than kids. Then again, I don't cruise in summer but do for spring break. Adding adult only pools would only further concentrate guests. This is the problem with ship within a ship, it simply amplifies the problem by reducing space for all. Look at vista class ships, the havana pool/area is usually empty and the other areas jam packed. If adults need more pool space, everyone needs more pool space. I'm sure plenty of kids wish they had their own pool without drunken visually unappealing old folks standing around ruining their fun. 😆  

EEEEWWWWWW! 😆  This EXACTLY!

This is why I will not use the pools or hot tubs.  45 cruises on Carnival and I have gone into them one time, and only once, a few years back.  Hubby and I decided not to get off in port and literally had the entire pool area and slide to ourselves (and he saw the pool empty the night before so we knew it was fresh seawater pumped in).  So our 50 year old selves just wooped it up and rode the water slide and enjoyed the pool for about an hour or so.

I KNOW what is going on in the water the rest of the time.   I don't like even going out onto the pool deck at all on sea days unless I absolutely half too.... TOOOOO many people and that water is so gross for sure.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Yet somehow Disney has solved the adult only area...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Some of the conquest class ships are adult only in the aft pool. Glory was in March...

One of the many reasons we love Conquest class ships the best! The Glory with the inside hot tub was really nice when we sailed to Canada a few years ago.
 Our second time to sail the Glory was an eastern route and they took the Adults Only sign down on the last sea day. The hot tubs became cannon ball contest sites.
(this image is from the Conquest)

See You At Sea!

Conquest 2005 (49).jpg

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, spsarrocco said:

Yet somehow Disney has solved the adult only area...

Then cruise with Disney. Who goes on a Disney cruise without kids anyway? I doubt many, it's kind of strange. Besides, they've solved nothing, still a bunch of grown folk people soup standing around peeing in the water. The only way to solve a limiting space issue is to add more space. It's the same on all the cruise lines, there is simply not enough pool space for anything but standing in the water. I guess it cuts down on the complainers about others splashing (you know using the pool as a pool) water into their booze while they stand in the water, drink and urinate. 😁

13 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Then cruise with Disney. Who goes on a Disney cruise without kids anyway? I doubt many, it's kind of strange. 

You're kidding, right? I guess you would be pretty shocked to see how many honeymooners there are on any given DCL sailing, much less all the other adults w/o kids onboard. Disney does everything better when it comes to adults-only. The pool area, the restaurants, the nightlife districts, the private adults-only beach at Castaway Cay, the list goes on. There's a reason they remain popular with so many adults.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Then cruise with Disney. Who goes on a Disney cruise without kids anyway? 

We sent my parents on a Disney cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary.  They said it was the best trip they ever had!

• Like 2

I didn't want to start a new thread but does sunrise have an adult's only pool? Not hot tub or lounge chairs, but a pool that is specifically for adults and not children?

Also did Conquest bring back the adult's only pool? I read online that they got rid of it and now they have a serenity area but no adult pool or hot tubs.

5 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

You're kidding, right? I guess you would be pretty shocked to see how many honeymooners there are on any given DCL sailing, much less all the other adults w/o kids onboard. Disney does everything better when it comes to adults-only. The pool area, the restaurants, the nightlife districts, the private adults-only beach at Castaway Cay, the list goes on. There's a reason they remain popular with so many adults.

Not kidding, color me shocked. I guess I just see Disney as a kids theme/place. Why would adults, especially those complaining about kids/families (the point of this thread), want to go on a kid themed cruise or even hang out at kids/family centric places? It seems strange to me. There are so many other offerings (cruises or otherwise) without kids/families. Even Disneyland without kids is weird. A few coasters are OK but there are much better coaster theme parks (like six flags) that aren't targeted specifically at small kids/families. Kinda seems like going to Chuck E. Cheeses because one likes their pizza but hates/dislikes kids. It's peculiar to say the least. Even all those things you mentioned at the end, there are much better alternatives, they only do everything better if you're wrapped up in the Disney fealty fan club lol (we have a few in the family). Disney "adults-only" seems like an oxymoron. When I think Disney, I think kids.  

Edited by cruisingguy007

On 7/12/2022 at 7:45 AM, tallnthensome said:

Havana areas are 12 and over and very few cabins hold more than two in that area so even few 12 and up are in there. To me,  expecting hundreds or maybe a thousand kids on board to use one small pool is even more unreasonable on a family line. 

Absolutely agree... there's options for those wanting an adults only experience. My family, kids and all, shouldn't have to suffer. Retirees, while I feel you and someday I too will want an adults-only experience, there should be options for everyone. Stuffing all the many kids into one pool just isn't cool. Especially since there ARE options out there for everyone. You might not like your options, but I also don't always love mine either, it's called compromise. As previously mentioned Princess, Celebrity, or even Virgin would be CL to consider or booking a Havana cabin or Spirit-class ship with the Serenity area. I don't have a ton of sympathy as I am paying more to have a family harbor cabin and I did see when I booked my cabin that sometimes the Havana cabins are reasonably priced, IMO.

• Like 1

We booked the Havana on the Horizon for an 8-day cruise, 4 days at sea just because of the 12 & up rule.  I can't wait to be in that pool and not have a cannon ball douse my drink.  Plus, who doesn't love an aft view from a place like the Havana Bar.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 11:31 AM, pe4all said:

Good to hear.  Next cruise is on Spirit in January.  No school vacay, but will still be nice to have an area without even little kids not in school yet.  I taught elementary school for 37 years - love kids - just made Diamond on CCL so not quite ready to try lines that are a bit "stuffier" than CCL - lol.

we will be on that cruise. doing B2B2B with that cruise being the third one.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 5:43 PM, Saint Greg said:

Some of the conquest class ships are adult only in the aft pool. Glory was in March. 

Adult Only was definitely enforced on Liberty this week. It was storming/lightning one day for much of the day and the roof was closed. Not much for the kids to do and I witnessed the attendants turning them away time after time. 

On 7/12/2022 at 4:15 PM, CatsinShow said:

That's part of the reason I ended up not going on splendor despite how cheap it was. I don't want to be in an area with kids. Hell, even Disney has adults only areas and pools. It's clear to me though that CCL wants to now be more geared towards families than singles. I just don't want to be around children when I want to have a relaxing trip which includes sunbathing and hottubbing with adults. 

Choose the Havana area on the 3 Vista Class ships to get away from the kids.  Or cruise on NCL and get Vibe Beach Club passes.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Choose the Havana area on the 3 Vista Class ships to get away from the kids.  Or cruise on NCL and get Vibe Beach Club passes.  

This is what we have done on NCL.  If we ever cruise a Vista class with CCL again would only go Havana, as we did on Horizon.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, CatsinShow said:

I didn't want to start a new thread but does sunrise have an adult's only pool? Not hot tub or lounge chairs, but a pool that is specifically for adults and not children?

Also did Conquest bring back the adult's only pool? I read online that they got rid of it and now they have a serenity area but no adult pool or hot tubs.

The aft pool on Conquest is adults only and there are 2 hot tubs. We enjoyed that area on our cruise in April. No kids and strictly enforced.

On 7/13/2022 at 7:38 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

The only way to solve a limiting space issue is to add more space. It's the same on all the cruise lines, there is simply not enough pool space for anything but standing in the water. 

One approach to good use of space that provided a pool where you could actually swim laps was used by me on the old QE2. The liner had two indoor swimming pools located low and deep in the ship below the waterline. Because the ship was designed for transatlantic crossings, where the weather is usually chilly, 2 pools were indoors and two outdoors. Most mornings I had the indoor pools all to myself. One of the pools had the Golden Door Spa at Sea operation located adjacent to the pool so there was also a nice indoor hot tub at that pool.

Today, on Vista Class ships for starters, Carnival could ditch the often underutilized Family Harbor Lounge, and with a little expansion, turn that space into an attractive indoor swimming pool. 

Edited by sanmarcosman

On 7/12/2022 at 1:15 PM, CatsinShow said:

That's part of the reason I ended up not going on splendor despite how cheap it was. I don't want to be in an area with kids. Hell, even Disney has adults only areas and pools. It's clear to me though that CCL wants to now be more geared towards families than singles. I just don't want to be around children when I want to have a relaxing trip which includes sunbathing and hottubbing with adults. 

We just got off the Splendor and the serenity is the whole back section with a pool and 2 hot tubs