Onpoint Covid testing

itsanita

8 hours ago, Angel75 said:

We used On Point with our free tests from our home prior to our June 19 cruise.  The appointment was easy to schedule.  Have your driver's license, insurance cards, and confirmation number ready.   We used a laptop because we thought it would be easier for both of us to see and be seen on that as opposed to a phone or tablet.  I set everything up ahead of time in an area with good natural light.  The proctor had both of us test together; we just followed her instructions as she watched.  When the 15 minutes were up, we held up our test strips one at a time, and she declared them negative.  We got the email results within about 15 minutes.  I had the letters on my phone but also printed them out; I think that's easier during the embarkation process.  The letter was sufficient; we didn't need a QR code.  Very easy process.

I don’t understand the need for insurance cards. We are using our own tests and paid the $14.99. Are there more charges that we don’t know about? When I filled out the patient information I didn’t give them insurance info 

3 minutes ago, bunzini said:

So I looked up the On Point testing.  Is it my understanding that we use the government issued tests we got through the mail?  And what if there is not a center near us, is it done with a video call?

Yes. You can do it on line with your own test.

6 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

I want to know if they looked at the expiration date of the government tests.  Our box expires in July, but is good 3 months beyond.  This is stressing me out that I want to just go and test locally.

Don't stress.  Almost every Test has been extended 3-6 months.  OnPoint and Rapidtestandtrace.com both know the expiration dates have been extended.  If you want go to the website for iHealth and printout a copy of the extension notice.  It might ease your stress.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you don't have a really early flight you could do your test anytime just after mid-night which may help you sleep better knowing your negative.  

Good idea. Something to consider. If we can’t sleep, we may just may do that even though we do have a super early flight. 

11 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I don’t understand the need for insurance cards. We are using our own tests and paid the $14.99. Are there more charges that we don’t know about? When I filled out the patient information I didn’t give them insurance info 

There aren’t additional charges.  I remember some instructions to have insurance cards ready but don’t remember having to show them.  We did have to show our driver’s licenses and the unopened test kit.

14 hours ago, Dixe Lee said:

Is there a requirement to have printed results? If we test using our IPad in the hotel, we would not be able to print the results. 

Not required to be printed.     Safest is to take a screen shot.

If you really want a copy most front desks will print for you or have a business center people use to print boarding passes all the time.  

12 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Seems like most people are testing negative. Has anyone tested positive? I am finding it hard to believe that I will really be sailing next week until I get that final test result. 

I've tested positive and lots are testing positive both before or during a cruise.    There's a post today from someone that tested today pre-cruise.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've tested positive and lots are testing positive both before or during a cruise.    There's a post today from someone that tested today pre-cruise.

I don't think I wanted to hear that Jim😒. I think that my brain simply blurs out all posting of positive results, although I have friends who woke up sick the day they were leaving. 

I booked an appointment yesterday with Onpoint on my MacBook.  I didn't download Zoom first onto that device and boy, was that a mistake!  Don't be a dummy like me...please make sure you have it downloaded on your device before making the appointment.

1 hour ago, SueMo said:

I booked an appointment yesterday with Onpoint on my MacBook.  I didn't download Zoom first onto that device and boy, was that a mistake!  Don't be a dummy like me...please make sure you have it downloaded on your device before making the appointment.

If I may add, I didn’t load on my tablet when I made the appointment but did yesterday (I test tomorrow). You get a chance to test the Zoom app after you download so that is one less worry day of. 

If you have extra test boxes I also suggest you do a practice run. I watched the IHealth video and now I am ready for tomorrow. 

I will be using On Point. I will report back after it is completed.

2 hours ago, tulok said:

If I may add, I didn’t load on my tablet when I made the appointment but did yesterday (I test tomorrow). You get a chance to test the Zoom app after you download so that is one less worry day of. 

If you have extra test boxes I also suggest you do a practice run. I watched the IHealth video and now I am ready for tomorrow. 

I will be using On Point. I will report back after it is completed.

Can’t wait to hear how this goes for you.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not required to be printed.     Safest is to take a screen shot.

If you really want a copy most front desks will print for you or have a business center people use to print boarding passes all the time.  

Thanks for letting me know that. One less thing to worry about figuring out.

7 hours ago, SueMo said:

I’m confused. I booked our appointments yesterday to test on July 27. I booked on my iPad. I have received the link to test, but nothing says that I had to download zoom. I have never used it before so I have no idea 

A little update: we are traveling with 8 others. No one else but us felt comfortable using an online test. One couple just paid Walgreens for the rapid test and was told it could take 24hr to get the email. I don’t know if that is usual or not but considering we are boarding a plane in less than 24hrs that is making them very nervous. 
Another plus for telehealth services.

19 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I’m confused. I booked our appointments yesterday to test on July 27. I booked on my iPad. I have received the link to test, but nothing says that I had to download zoom. I have never used it before so I have no idea 

After purchasing the Teleservice, I got a confirmation email titled "OnPoint COVID" with my order number.  Next I received an email titled "Virtual MA6" with a link to fill out a patient registration, which I did for my husband and me.  I then got emails from healthtraxrx with confirmation numbers.  Then I got an email titled "Patient Success" which had a zoom meeting link for the virtual appointment.   The first time I did this, it said , "Here is your Zoom Meeting link for your Virtual Appointment with OnPoint.Health!"  followed by NOTHING because I didn't have zoom on my MacBook.  So I downloaded zoom on my MacBook.  I didn't know how to get a zoom meeting link, so I changed my appointment time and they sent me a second email that contained the link.

21 hours ago, elliekate said:

If anyone needs more test kits, we got some free from Costco. If you are a senior, the pharmacist can take care of that for you!

You get 8 free otc tests per month with Medicare. You can go to any pharmacy and show your Medicare card. They run it as a prescription so it will take a few minutes. At Costco they will give you the 5 pack of flowflex. I go each month to my pharmacy and get my tests. I use them when I come back from trips  and before and after I go to any event I deem high risk. I will bring several on my cruise in September. 

We just got done with On Point. Could not have been easier. We clicked on the Zoom link that was emailed (another one today as a reminder), at 4p a person came on and introduced himself. Made sure it was working and we could hear, and went right to it. We did it together using an ipad and it was quick. Right at 15mins we showed him the results and he explained how we would get the results. Within 10mins of finishing the call an email was sent. Fast, and easy. And we were both negative. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, tulok said:

We just got done with On Point. Could not have been easier. We clicked on the Zoom link that was emailed (another one today as a reminder), at 4p a person came on and introduced himself. Made sure it was working and we could hear, and went right to it. We did it together using an ipad and it was quick. Right at 15mins we showed him the results and he explained how we would get the results. Within 10mins of finishing the call an email was sent. Fast, and easy. And we were both negative. 

Outstanding!!! I think we can handle this!

• Like 1