Onpoint Covid testing

itsanita

On 7/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, bunzini said:

So I looked up the On Point testing.  Is it my understanding that we use the government issued tests we got through the mail?  And what if there is not a center near us, is it done with a video call?

Your test will be done by video. 

Thanks everyone for the great information! I was unaware of the iHealth expiry extension and the availability of free tests for Medicare recipients. It is also very helpful to know the ins and outs of Onpoint, since we have only done the Binax tests previously.

Thank you for all of the information.  Does each person need to purchase the $14.99 virtual appointment using our own test?  I have purchased one and set up the appointment and it asked how many would be testing.  It will be my husband and myself, so I entered 2.  I have the zoom link and appointment scheduled for this Friday the 22nd.   I've tried to contact Onpoint, but this group is much easier to reach!  Thanks in advance....

3 hours ago, Kim714 said:

Thank you for all of the information.  Does each person need to purchase the $14.99 virtual appointment using our own test?  I have purchased one and set up the appointment and it asked how many would be testing.  It will be my husband and myself, so I entered 2.  I have the zoom link and appointment scheduled for this Friday the 22nd.   I've tried to contact Onpoint, but this group is much easier to reach!  Thanks in advance....

You must pay for two people.

• Like 1

Curious about the Zoom Call which I've very familiar with.   Does the agent stay with you the whole time from test and 15 minute wait or do the go away and come back like with eMed?

With eMed they have a timer that makes a beep when done so I usually grab a cup of coffee or watch the news while waiting and then just press the button and get a new agent to read the results.

• Like 1

Our test is scheduled for 8/3 at 6:00 pm. We sail on 8/5. I will let everyone know how it goes. I've seen a few negative YouTube videos, but I trust my CruiseCritic community more than YouTube. If it doesn't go well, we'll find another way to get tested.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beaumont Barbie said:

Our test is scheduled for 8/3 at 6:00 pm. We sail on 8/5. I will let everyone know how it goes. I've seen a few negative YouTube videos, but I trust my CruiseCritic community more than YouTube. If it doesn't go well, we'll find another way to get tested.

Anxious to hear… we have appts on 9/2 and one of the Celebrity FB groups has several people sharing bad experiences with people having their appt times changed during the night and them not seeing the emails and missing the appt. 

We have only used eMed before and had no problems so hope these are one off issues. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beaumont Barbie said:

We test early morning on the 3rd for the 8/5 Oasis cruise.  Is that what your on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

We test with Onpoint next Wednesday morning. I will keep you updated on our experience 

Thanks.    Trying to figure out if going to try them in 2 weeks.    I have the eMed ones on hand if needed.    I'm curious about wheter you have to sit there for the full 15 minute wait time or get up like eMed

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 4:15 PM, cruising sister said:

You get 8 free otc tests per month with Medicare. You can go to any pharmacy and show your Medicare card. They run it as a prescription so it will take a few minutes. At Costco they will give you the 5 pack of flowflex. I go each month to my pharmacy and get my tests. I use them when I come back from trips  and before and after I go to any event I deem high risk. I will bring several on my cruise in September. 

If you have private insurance they are also required to reimburse or pay for 8 tests per month, per insured person.  We have been able to get proctored tests, then receive insurance reimbursement.  

• Like 1

We completed the OnPoint this morning. We had a set of forms to complete last night before the testing this morning, which was a bit of a surprise as nobody had mentioned this, but they were not terribly difficult. They did include our insurance, among other things. The only odd thing about the actual testing is that we could not see the tester- although he could see us. There were two of us and we did it simultaneously. Both of us were negative (YEA!!!) and it took about 20 minutes in total. We had to show him our unopened test boxes, then opened them and did the actual test in front of the computer. After completing the tests, we waited for a bit before he checked them and declared us negative. We got two emails- the first one did not include the printable test results. The second one had two attachments, one for each of us, which could be printed out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

We completed the OnPoint this morning. We had a set of forms to complete last night before the testing this morning, which was a bit of a surprise as nobody had mentioned this, but they were not terribly difficult. They did include our insurance, among other things. The only odd thing about the actual testing is that we could not see the tester- although he could see us. There were two of us and we did it simultaneously. Both of us were negative (YEA!!!) and it took about 20 minutes in total. We had to show him our unopened test boxes, then opened them and did the actual test in front of the computer. After completing the tests, we waited for a bit before he checked them and declared us negative. We got two emails- the first one did not include the printable test results. The second one had two attachments, one for each of us, which could be printed out. 

That is strange as NO ONE, on this or any Cruise Line Forum has said onpoint ever 1) Sent forms the night before (you did register and complete some info just after u bought the test proctoring though) and 2)Everyone said the view was two way?

Did you have to sit in front of the screen for ALL 20 minutes or just 'up the nose' in the test and then come back after 15?

Did you complete info when you bought the service?

Also, how long did the two emails take?

Edited by Project-College
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Curious about the Insurance as never been asked about insurance from eMed.   I'm wondering if they are billing back insurance companies and thus the lower testing fee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Project-College said:

That is strange as NO ONE, on this or any Cruise Line Forum has said onpoint ever 1) Sent forms the night before (you did register and complete some info just after u bought the test proctoring though) and 2)Everyone said the view was two way?

Did you have to sit in front of the screen for ALL 20 minutes or just 'up the nose' in the test and then come back after 15?

Did you complete info when you bought the service?

Also, how long did the two emails take?

I also used OnPoint, and after booking our appointments, I got a confirmation email that included a link to an online form to fill out, which included our insurance info. This wasn't a surprise to me, as an earlier poster had mentioned that they were asked to fill in their insurance information. The way I understood it was that OnPoint is the online proctoring service - they provide people to sit in Zooms and watch you, and collect your info. OnPoint partners with a lab or medical facility (HealthTrack was on our letter) that provides the "you're negative" letter. So you book and pay OnPoint, then you get emailed a link to a form (to complete prior to your appointment) for their partner lab who provides your negative letter and bills insurance. At least, that's my take on the experience.

In our Zoom the proctor was visible on camera. But frankly, it shouldn't matter if the proctor is visible as long as we, the testers, are visible. We didn't ask to step away, so I don't have an answer there.

We got the email with our results within a few minutes of the end of the test, and as others had mentioned, those online results look a little weird. But then we received the email with our negative results letters as attachments just minutes later. We had everything within 15 minutes of test completion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ccqueenanne said:

I also used OnPoint, and after booking our appointments, I got a confirmation email that included a link to an online form to fill out, which included our insurance info. This wasn't a surprise to me, as an earlier poster had mentioned that they were asked to fill in their insurance information. The way I understood it was that OnPoint is the online proctoring service - they provide people to sit in Zooms and watch you, and collect your info. OnPoint partners with a lab or medical facility (HealthTrack was on our letter) that provides the "you're negative" letter. So you book and pay OnPoint, then you get emailed a link to a form (to complete prior to your appointment) for their partner lab who provides your negative letter and bills insurance. At least, that's my take on the experience.

In our Zoom the proctor was visible on camera. But frankly, it shouldn't matter if the proctor is visible as long as we, the testers, are visible. We didn't ask to step away, so I don't have an answer there.

We got the email with our results within a few minutes of the end of the test, and as others had mentioned, those online results look a little weird. But then we received the email with our negative results letters as attachments just minutes later. We had everything within 15 minutes of test completion.

Thanks!!!!  My understanding is they have 'tried' to submit the testing cost from the group that creates the negative/positive results letter (not the proctor cost) but no one said it ever 'stuck'.

Your filling out forms BEFORE HAND is what I, and all others I have read thus far, had to do.

Personally, I prefer 'seeing' who I am talking to and sitting for 15 minutes watching a stick change color... well I'd rather get a cup of coffee or something (probably that 'a watched pot never boils' syndrome I may have).  Again, thanks for your added insights.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:10 AM, Angel75 said:

You can use the free government tests, one that you’ve purchased, or purchase one from OnPoint.  Register on the site and schedule an appointment for a video call.

How far ahead are the appts? Do I have to schedule a month before? Or the week before I need the test?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Project-College said:

Thanks!!!!  My understanding is they have 'tried' to submit the testing cost from the group that creates the negative/positive results letter (not the proctor cost) but no one said it ever 'stuck'.

Your filling out forms BEFORE HAND is what I, and all others I have read thus far, had to do.

Personally, I prefer 'seeing' who I am talking to and sitting for 15 minutes watching a stick change color... well I'd rather get a cup of coffee or something (probably that 'a watched pot never boils' syndrome I may have).  Again, thanks for your added insights.

Haha... agree that it's weird not to see the person you are speaking to.  That's what you get with the eMed testing thru Celebrity.  A different person comes back on in 15 min to see if your test is positive or negative but you never see either person.

• Like 1

When I scheduled our appointments I clicked  the “no insurance “ button. Already having paid the $14.99 I figured that they shouldn’t need our insurance. Would they try to charge more? Others said they did the same as me so we shall see come Wednesday 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

How far ahead are the appts? Do I have to schedule a month before? Or the week before I need the test?

We scheduled ours two days in advance with no problem.  I wouldn't have waited that late to book the appointment, but due to flight delays had to change our plans at the last minute.  I'd book a week ahead if possible for peace of mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Angel75 said:

We scheduled ours two days in advance with no problem.  I wouldn't have waited that late to book the appointment, but due to flight delays had to change our plans at the last minute.  I'd book a week ahead if possible for peace of mind.

We have urgicare centers here. So I plan to go there for the rapid. But I would like a back up just in case of any issues.

Thank you!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

We leave on our cruise in exactly 2 weeks.    Last night I signed up for 2 tests and did the paperwork.     I scheduled it for one week out as a placeholder.  It was a mandatory field to schedule.   It also notes the date and time can be changed online anytime.

I initially put in a dummy date.    This morning I went in and scheduled it for about 2 hours before we leave for the airport.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

We leave on our cruise in exactly 2 weeks.    Last night I signed up for 2 tests and did the paperwork.     I scheduled it for one week out as a placeholder.  It was a mandatory field to schedule.   It also notes the date and time can be changed online anytime.

I initially put in a dummy date.    This morning I went in and scheduled it for about 2 hours before we leave for the airport.

Is that within the 2 day test requirement for the cruise?

• Like 1