Princess gift cards

EllieinNJ

As the OP I would like to thank each and every one of you for your answers.  It seems I was pressing "members only" instead of "all" so that is why the Princess gift cards were not coming up.  They are showing for me now.

• Like 5

As for AARP Rewards, I enrolled earlier today and my membership was confirmed via a phone call.  I used our FL Zip and I later updated my profile with the complete FL address.  I also found they did not accept my Cdn Cell number, so I changed it to my US Vonage line which also rings on my Cdn cell.  Good trick to receive calls from USA on my Cdn Cell.  I was then able to enter the 6-digit affirmation code and my sign-up was complete.

However, when I login to AARP Rewards, I cannot see or do anything and keep getting pushed back to the marketing splash page with the video.  Cannot find a link, nor get to the Princess Gift Cards.

I am thinking these guys are way over the top and are sensing my location (even though I did not give permission) and they are checking IP address.  Arrrgh!!  I know I need to select and install a US VPN (Mr Procrastination on that front).  I will call them when open on Monday and see if I can find this out.  So, if true, that means any American out of country would not be able to access AARP Rewards.

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

As for AARP Rewards, I enrolled earlier today and my membership was confirmed via a phone call.  I used our FL Zip and I later updated my profile with the complete FL address.  I also found they did not accept my Cdn Cell number, so I changed it to my US Vonage line which also rings on my Cdn cell.  Good trick to receive calls from USA on my Cdn Cell.  I was then able to enter the 6-digit affirmation code and my sign-up was complete.

However, when I login to AARP Rewards, I cannot see or do anything and keep getting pushed back to the marketing splash page with the video.  Cannot find a link, nor get to the Princess Gift Cards.

I am thinking these guys are way over the top and are sensing my location (even though I did not give permission) and they are checking IP address.  Arrrgh!!  I know I need to select and install a US VPN (Mr Procrastination on that front).  I will call them when open on Monday and see if I can find this out.  So, if true, that means any American out of country would not be able to access AARP Rewards.

I just checked it and it is on your end. It is working. 

A comment on trip insurance:

My travel insurance requires me to insure the discounted amount of the gift cards in order to to get pre-existing condition waiver.  They will not insure the gift card value, only the 90% actually paid with my credit card.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Is your Florida address for real because they will send the AARP magazine and some perks to that address. Is there someone in the US who can buy the cards for you?

He enrolled in the free AARP Rewards. He did not join AARP.  So no magazine etc. to worry about. 

• Like 1

I have a valid question.

When reading here about how FCCs expire, which is affecting some cruisers who have not been able to cruise over the last two.years, I wondered if these are just standard Princess gift cards, like most others.  As these have no expiration.

If they are Promotional Gift Cards, they will have an expiration, which should show on the card.

Can anyone tell us if these AARP cards show an expiration date?

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I have a valid question.

When reading here about how FCCs expire, which is affecting some cruisers who have not been able to cruise over the last two.years, I wondered if these are just standard Princess gift cards, like most others.  As these have no expiration.

If they are Promotional Gift Cards, they will have an expiration, which should show on the card.

Can anyone tell us if these AARP cards show an expiration date?

No, there isn't an expiration date

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:00 PM, cruzsnooze said:

Is your Florida address for real because they will send the AARP magazine and some perks to that address. Is there someone in the US who can buy the cards for you?

If that is directed at me, yes, it is real.  We purchased a condo last Winter.  Joining Rewards is not the same as joining as AARP mbr and not required I am told.  No doubt I would get pestered by emails, but they don't require a full street address.  I did add it.  I would also expect that a member magazine would only go to full members.