Always Included gone for 11/2023

luv4cruises

I’ve become accustomed to Always Included then Elevate, Indulge and most recently Cruise Only. I just started a booking for Nov, 2023 and was surprised to see that all of the booking options were gone. Essentially the booking was for Cruise Only.  Has anyone received a Celebrity notification about this change in booking options? . 

5 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

I’ve become accustomed to Always Included then Elevate, Indulge and most recently Cruise Only. I just started a booking for Nov, 2023 and was surprised to see that all of the booking options were gone. Essentially the booking was for Cruise Only.

Did you carry on far enough to make sure the options were not offered later on in the process?

What I noticed for an early 2024 sailing Is that Elevate and Indulge are not offered. It’s “no perk” or “always included”. AI includes basic wifi, Classic bev pkg and gratituities. 

For Aqua class and above, it’s only AI. 

I think they want you to pay for upgrades to wifi or drinks, which is why they made a big deal recently of the discounts by CC tier. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cw2go said:

As of today the 14th ~ Cel will have Sail Only, All Inclusive and Retreat booking options.There was a release of this new program. 

Do you know where the information is?   I wonder if the price to upgrade the beverage & wifi packages will go up?  I’m Elite status and I know there was 10% discount for the beverage upgrade & 30% discount for the wifi upgrade.

1 hour ago, cw2go said:

As of today the 14th ~ Cel will have Sail Only, All Inclusive and Retreat booking options.There was a release of this new program. 

I didn't receive the 'release' but when I did a mock booking for concierge mid Nov. rates there's no mention of all inclusive anything.  Also, the locations have changed to 3...'Prime, Concierge, Partial View'.  Wanted to ensure no changes to Retreat as we're booked in a Suite which shows all the inclusions (why would they mention gourmet bites on the Retreat option...LOL);  all inclusive with the option.

Shore Excursion icon

Shore Excursion Credit

Premium Drinks

Premium Wi-Fi

Tips

Onboard Credit

if booking Concierge it does not show anything included.  The options are 'pay grats' and 'refundable deposit'.  The final $$s do not reflect the beverage package...only gratuities are being paid upfront.  Also, I'm not sailing solo...a glitch or a credit of some sort?

image.png

Edited by Oceangoer2

Just now, taylortime05 said:

Do you know where the information is?   I wonder if the price to upgrade the beverage & wifi packages will go up?  I’m Elite status and I know there was 10% discount for the beverage upgrade & 30% discount for the wifi upgrade.

It was posted multiple times on FB forums with pics. 

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I didn't receive the 'release' but when I did a mock booking for concierge mid Nov. rates there's no mention of all inclusive anything.  The options are 'pay grats' and 'refundable deposit'.  The final $$s do not reflect the beverage package...only gratuities are being paid upfront.  Also, I'm not sailing solo...a glitch or a credit of some sort?

image.png

Not sure? Maybe the website is slow to the new changes? I actually called to upgrade a sailing on the 12th so that I was sure to have the Elevate package prior to this change since it will be honored unless repriced, rep did confirm this change. 

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Don't use FB....why wouldn't it go out in one of their 'MANY' emails I receive almost daily. 

I am not sure? I am looking now to see if this info is posted anywhere else. 

11 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Not sure? Maybe the website is slow to the new changes? I actually called to upgrade a sailing on the 12th so that I was sure to have the Elevate package prior to this change since it will be honored unless repriced, rep did confirm this change. 

Are you saying if we find a lower price on a cruise before final payment, we could lose the Elevate pkg we have now?

Just now, BridgeMates said:

Are you saying if we find a lower price on a cruise before final payment, we could lose the Elevate pkg we have now?

Yes that is how I understand it. I found the pic and will post it later, it does say Cel will honor the current Elevate Package on sailings already booked unless repriced. 

Yes, also tried some mock bookings and could ONLY pre-book a premium type package with premium beverages and streaming wi-fi with Retreat/suites.  Actually it comes included in the suite price.  There was no way to pre-book premium with Aqua class and below.  Quite a stunning change.  I hope they advise on what it will cost to upgrade or add premium beverages once on board.  Luckily I'm booked on three cruises through 2023 with Indulge or elevate.  I'd really like a return of packages for non suites that include premium even if more costly than in the past.

• Like 1

I do think it's probably easier to understand now for first time Celebrity guests as well as casual cruisers. You get 2 different rates - cruise only or all inclusive. 

They also seem to like the strategy of having people pay to upgrade the drinks, wifi, etc. on their own. I foresee Celebrity running more sales that include onboard credit because of this. It's likely easier to get someone to pay a $300 upgrade for the premium drink package, if they already have $200 in onboard credit, for example. The extra $100 is basically all profit for Celebrity and most people won't balk at an extra $100 or so.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cameronp12 said:

I do think it's probably easier to understand now for first time Celebrity guests as well as casual cruisers. You get 2 different rates - cruise only or all inclusive. 

They also seem to like the strategy of having people pay to upgrade the drinks, wifi, etc. on their own. I foresee Celebrity running more sales that include onboard credit because of this. It's likely easier to get someone to pay a $300 upgrade for the premium drink package, if they already have $200 in onboard credit, for example. The extra $100 is basically all profit for Celebrity and most people won't balk at an extra $100 or so.

My only other thought is if premium alcohol is less profitable or still limited, Celebrity might not allow the upgraded packages going forward? For the next few years? 

Or is tracking the individual upgrade beverages onboard too much extra work on the crew or push back from the cruiser? No longer any questions of what you're able to get with the limit/basic bev package? Just thoughts, I have no other info 

Cheers Patty 

4 minutes ago, cw2go said:

My only other thought is if premium alcohol is less profitable or still limited, Celebrity might not allow the upgraded packages going forward? For the next few years? 

Or is tracking the individual upgrade beverages onboard too much extra work on the crew or push back from the cruiser? No longer any questions of what you're able to get with the limit/basic bev package? Just thoughts, I have no other info 

Cheers Patty 

Thanks for trying to better inform us than Celebrity is doing.  We are ALL stakeholders in the cruise investments we make and should know when a potential investment may change.  BTW...I still don't see anywhere on mock bookings that all included is 'all included'.  Are we going back to chits for beverages and paying for WIFI?  Just a rhetorical question....I know you don't have all the answers but trying to help as best you can with info available.  I have a concierge booking for 2022 and have sent a note to CVP to confirm our enhancements are still in place, but I do understand that if we reprice that could change.  Our 2023 is in a suite and I do see that nothing there has changed.

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for trying to better inform us than Celebrity is doing.  We are ALL stakeholders in the cruise investments we make and should know when a potential investment may change.  BTW...I still don't see anywhere on mock bookings that all included is 'all included'.  Are we going back to chits for beverages and paying for WIFI?  Just a rhetorical question....I know you don't have all the answers but trying to help as best you can with info available.  I have a concierge booking for 2022 and have sent a note to CVP to confirm our enhancements are still in place, but I do understand that if we reprice that could change.  Our 2023 is in a suite and I do see that nothing there has changed.

You're Welcome 

In the mock bookings that I've done today, the All Included does state Basic Bev, Wifi and Grats. 

And yes, I believe any repricing going forward will be with the new booking model/options. I have 5 sailings booked. 3 Retreat and 2 w/Indulge. I believe I have the best prices I'll see for these but if there is a significant drop, I'll have to weigh my options at that time to best suit my vacay style. 

Patty

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cw2go said:

You're Welcome 

In the mock bookings that I've done today, the All Included does state Basic Bev, Wifi and Grats. 

And yes, I believe any repricing going forward will be with the new booking model/options. I have 5 sailings booked. 3 Retreat and 2 w/Indulge. I believe I have the best prices I'll see for these but if there is a significant drop, I'll have to weigh my options at that time to best suit my vacay style. 

Patty

I guess I'm blind but I can't see the actual wording 'all inclusive'.  Can you capture that in a screen shot and post?  I'll then know where to look.TIA.

I have a feeling this has a lot to do supply and pricing issues as much as anything.  More and more folks see "call for upgrade" when it comes to beverage packages instead of an option to upgrade for a set price online.

[I was just flat-out wrong about the rest]

Edited by DCPIV

4 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I guess I'm blind but I can't see the actual wording 'all inclusive'.  Can you capture that in a screen shot and post?  I'll then know where to look.TIA.

It's on the screen after room selection. I am trying to get you the pics, not very techy! 

Just when I thought they finally had make a big step forward is reducing the confusion when booking a cruise.  The 4 fare choices for  categories below AQ of

Cruise Only, AI, Elevate or Indulge seemed pretty clear.  Oh well.

• Like 2