Hotel or Resort for 2 Nights in Miami before our Cruise in October

huntr104

Hi all.  My wife and I are looking for Hotel or Resort recommendations in Miami for 2 nights before our cruise on Freedom OTS in October.  We've never sailed out of or stayed in Miami before, so I have no experience with the area.  Thanks

Intercontinental Hotel is a beautiful hotel less than five minutes away from the Port Of Miami. The hotel is located in downtown Miami. Very close to Bayside Marketplace, a touristy area with shops and  restaurants. Close to the Brickell area that a lot of restaurants too. A nice area to keep you busy for two days. Another plus you can Uber, Lyft or cab over to South Beach in Miami Beach. Plenty of things to do there too!

Edited by Corby114

If you would consider a resort in Fort Lauderdale, I can recommend the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort.  Private beach, a variety of restaurants, good service, a large pool with plenty of lounge chairs and bar service to the area (at least when I last stayed there), very nice rooms with a choice of locations (at various price levels, of course).  Almost always a taxi-line up if one wants to go elsewhere.  

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

If you would consider a resort in Fort Lauderdale, I can recommend the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort.  Private beach, a variety of restaurants, good service, a large pool with plenty of lounge chairs and bar service to the area (at least when I last stayed there), very nice rooms with a choice of locations (at various price levels, of course).  Almost always a taxi-line up if one wants to go elsewhere.  

Thanks.  We love Ft. Lauderdale and we usually stay at Lago Mar Resort.  But we're flying into Miami this time so we're looking for something down there to switch it up.

9 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Intercontinental Hotel is a beautiful hotel less than five minutes away from the Port Of Miami. The hotel is located in downtown Miami. Very close to Bayside Marketplace, a touristy area with shops and  restaurants. Close to the Brickell area that a lot of restaurants too. A nice area to keep you busy for two days. Another plus you can Uber, Lyft or cab over to South Beach in Miami Beach. Plenty of things to do there too!

Thanks.  I was actually just looking at this Hotel.  It's definitely an option.

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked at Hampton Inn in Brickell for two nights prior to my Freedom of the Seas cruise.  Miami has a free trolley service that takes you up and down the bayside and Brickell area.  The host of this forum recommends this Hotel and it has been recently remodeled and the rooms are good size and the location for restaurants and sight seeing are all within walking distance. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 12:46 PM, ltcTN said:

Have Symphony of the seas booked for Feb 18th, 2023. Booked Atwell Suites, IHG property for the 17th. Intercontinental and YVE were unavailable that date.

how did you like the Atwood?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 12:31 PM, tabby50894 said:

We will be staying at the Element in Brickell in February. Any recommendations for restaurants nearby?

Depends on what you want and price range. 

Some of the spots in Brickell I enjoy most: 

River Oyster Bar

Edge Steak and Bar 

Crazy About You 

B Bistro + Bakery (for breakfast) 

In Downtown(you can walk or take Metromover) 

CVI.CHE 105 

niu kitchen

If you want off the boat seafood (uber) 

Garcias 

There are also some typical places that offer good meals like Capital Grille, Trulucks etc.. I am not a big fan of the what I call "Instagram" places like Sexy Fish or Komodo though they are popular. 

Edited by Flymia

On 1/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, Flymia said:

Depends on what you want and price range. 

Some of the spots in Brickell I enjoy most: 

River Oyster Bar

Edge Steak and Bar 

Crazy About You 

B Bistro + Bakery (for breakfast) 

In Downtown(you can walk or take Metromover) 

CVI.CHE 105 

niu kitchen

If you want off the boat seafood (uber) 

Garcias 

There are also some typical places that offer good meals like Capital Grille, Trulucks etc.. I am not a big fan of the what I call "Instagram" places like Sexy Fish or Komodo though they are popular. 

Thank you for the tips!