Is Verifly really needed?

ballarinamom

We used it and had no problems. It's not required, and I still had hard copies of everything in my backpack just in case (it was still pretty new at that point) and didn't touch them. It took us WAY less time than the people next to us, and they weren't using the app, so to me it was absolutely worth it. 

My family of four used it while traveling to Europe.  All of our VeriFly was on my DH's phone and made it very easy for the airport gate attendant to check and let us through.  I've used it for three cruises and it's been easy as well.  Keep my fingers crossed it will be easy this Labor Day weekend cruise🤞

15 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My family of four used it while traveling to Europe.  All of our VeriFly was on my DH's phone and made it very easy for the airport gate attendant to check and let us through.  I've used it for three cruises and it's been easy as well.  Keep my fingers crossed it will be easy this Labor Day weekend cruise🤞

Thats why I asked about using it on a cruise. We saved so much time using it internationally. Its really not that hard to set up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

When we went a couple months ago we didn’t use Verifly and it went very fast. They just glanced at our papers to make sure everything was in order then waved us on through. Glancing at a few papers versus opening a phone and going into an app and scrolling through that app can’t be that much of a difference time wise. And like you said, there were toourns of agents to look through documents so no one was being held up or taking too long. It was super fast. I personally think people are over hyping the Verifly thing. And it’s not a requirement either. Some cruisers act like you have to do it. But on their website it says Carnival recommends it, not requires it. They also recommend certain covid tests but not everyone uses those specific tests. It’s just a suggestion, not a hard fast rule. 

They don't scroll through your phone.  You just show the screen with a green check mark and you go right through.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2022 at 2:14 PM, Tradestock said:

Since the restart, we have taken approximately 5 cruises and have not used it.  We will not use it for our upcoming cruises either.  I could not determine where our passport and health information is transmitted or stored, so will not consider using it.  In my opinion, it takes no longer to look at a sheet of paper than it does a phone screen.  Over and above, we still have to carry the paper copies and have them available, if there is a question at the port.  This is a deal breaker for us, if it becomes a requirement.

,I agree.  Who is Verify and how do I know they can be trusted with my personal information?  In particular, what will they do with it in the future when none of this info will be needed for travel?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, luvs2beachit said:

,I agree.  Who is Verify and how do I know they can be trusted with my personal information?  In particular, what will they do with it in the future when none of this info will be needed for travel?

Does it matter? Virtually every bit of information about you is on the internet.

I googled myself and was shocked at what information about me was online. My mortgage amount, current address and the last 5 prior addresses, no arrest records, which college I graduated from and my current employer. Heck, my wife doesn't even know this much about me...

You can tell who has used the app and who is pretending they have used the app.  

There is no 'scrolling through your phone' or reading the documents off your phone.  There is a picture of you with a green check mark when you open the app.  You show that to the check-in agent and they stamp your boarding pass and off you go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

There is no 'scrolling through your phone' or reading the documents off your phone.  There is a picture of you with a green check mark when you open the app.  You show that to the check-in agent and they stamp your boarding pass and off you go.

And when you fly internationally, they sometimes have special lanes for the verifly people which speeds things up. That's why we downloaded it in the firs place. Very convenient

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

Exactly.  I wasn't sure whether to download info or not since I had cruised 3 times since restart and thought the check in process wasn't that slow.  We did download it and had no problems adding vaccination and test information for a recent cruise out of Tampa.  It was fabulous and I will continue using it.  Of course, we will always have the hard copies if needed, but I was impressed with how easy and fast it was.

We only use our cell phone for possible emergencies when traveling on land. It sits in my purse and I only have to charge it a few times a year. We obviously do not have Verifly and have been on 10 cruises in the past 10 months and had no issues with our paperwork when doing check-in at the cruise terminals nor did we experience any delays because we had paper documents. Don't bother with the Hub when on Carnival either. We pick up the next day daily activities sheet at the service desks in the evenings and make our YTD reservations with the dining room staff as soon as they are available.

Reading the responses, it appears that many of those who use Verifly still bring their paper documents with them. 

19 hours ago, Djptcp said:

Reading the responses, it appears that many of those who use Verifly still bring their paper documents with them. 

No one is trying to avoid throwing the documents in the backpack with everything else.  I am trying to avoid standing at the health screening desk for 10 minutes while the agent goes over every line of all the documents for my family.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 11:29 AM, teknoge3k said:

It sounds like your husband didn't have the correct app. No credit card information is required nor even asked for, with VeriFly. All it asks you for is a photo, your Covid test results, and your vaccine information.

How do they verify vaccine information?  works with kids too? We have all our cards. 

Edited by JesseLivermore

5 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

How do they verify vaccine information?  works with kids too? We have all our cards. 

When you're emailed your Covid test, you upload that, along with your digital vaccination certificate if you have one, or a photo of your vaccination card. Yes, kids use it as well. Once VeriFly verifies everything, you get a green check that says you're ready to sail. You walk through the line, flash the VeriFly screen and keep moving. All they look for is the green check.

2 minutes ago, mdsgu said:

So basically, when you get the green checks, it just means that someone else did the agent's job?

Correct. That way an agent isn't there inspecting paperwork, holding up the line. It makes things move much faster.